• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Denver Nuggets

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RonG

All for one
Reaction score
The future of the Nuggets looks bright, only on the books for 28 million so far going into the season. Several young promising players, Afffalo, Gallinari, and Lawson. Even less on the books the falling season and a ton of picks owed to them and there own first round picks still in place.

2012 second round draft pick from Golden State
Golden State's own 2012 2nd round pick to Denver via New York. [Golden State - New York, 7/9/2010 and then Denver - Minnesota - New York, 2/22/2011]

2013 second round draft pick from Portland
Portland's own 2013 2nd round pick to Denver (top 40 protected in the 2013 Draft). If Portland's own 2013 2nd round pick is in the top 40 picks, then Portland shall convey their own 2014 2nd round pick to Denver unconditionally. [Denver - Portland, 6/24/2011]

2013 second round draft pick from Golden State
Golden State's own 2013 2nd round pick to Denver via New York. [Golden State - New York, 7/9/2010 and then Denver - Minnesota - New York, 2/22/2011]

2014 first round draft pick from New York
New York's own first round draft pick to Denver in the "First Allowable Draft". (The First Allowable draft shall be the draft that occurs two years following the year in which New York satisfies its existing obligation to convey their own 2012 protected first round draft pick to the Houston Rockets from the trade involving Jared Jeffries). [Denver - Minnesota - New York, 2/22/2011]

2015 second round draft pick from L.A. Clippers
The L.A. Clippers' own 2015 2nd round pick to Denver (top 55 protected in the 2015 Draft). If the L.A. Clippers' own 2015 2nd round pick is in the top 55 picks, then the L.A. Clippers' obligations to Denver shall be extinguished. [Denver - L.A. Clippers, 1/5/2009]

2016 first round draft pick from New York
If New York is obligated to send its own first round pick in the First Allowable Draft to Denver prior to the 2016 draft (see the details regarding the 2014 protected first round pick from New York to Denver), then Denver shall also be permitted to swap its own 2016 first round pick with New York's own first round pick. However, if the First Allowable Draft does not occur until the 2016 draft, then Denver will not be entitled to the additional first round swap and instead shall receive New York's own 2017 2nd round pick. [Denver - Minnesota - New York, 2/22/2011]

2016 second round draft pick from Memphis
Memphis' own 2016 2nd round pick to Denver (top 55 protected in the 2016 Draft). If Memphis' own 2016 2nd round pick is in the top 55 picks, then Memphis' obligations to Denver shall be extinguished. [Denver - Memphis, 8/7/2009]

This team definately looks to be better off going forward than they were with Carmelo. Iggy and Rudy Gay would really both look great in nuggets uniforms. I hope our future looks this bright in the next year when Davis and Jamison salaries are no longer on board.

It will be interesting to see what Denver does to reach the minimum salary cap, if they spread the money on their current roster or go out and trade for sign for more salary.

It will aso be very interesting to see if Kenneth Faried can move to the three and contribute on the NBA level.

I'll put down $100 that Denver doesn't reach the WCF in the next 7 years.

(I say WCF because that's the farthest Melo got them.)

Damn... if the Nuggets keep playing like this, I might owe you that $100 this summer, Jigo.

Damn... if the Nuggets keep playing like this, I might owe you that $100 this summer, Jigo.

They are stacked with role players.

I still think you will pay rent come May. No worries.

Unless one of those second rounders turns into Chris Paul, and another turns into LeBron than no chance they make the WCF. They are going to be the Hawks of the West.

while their team looks nice on paper now i take our current roster over theirs in a heartbeat. it'll take them 2-3 years to realize that they are going nowhere and then they will start to completely rebuild. and of all the picks they currently have....how many will end up in the lottery?....probably none.

call me crazy but give us one more draft (Drummond :pray:) and our core will already have a higher ceiling than theirs will ever have....

while their team looks nice on paper now i take our current roster over theirs in a heartbeat. it'll take them 2-3 years to realize that they are going nowhere and then they will start to completely rebuild. and of all the picks they currently have....how many will end up in the lottery?....probably none.

call me crazy but give us one more draft (Drummond :pray:) and our core will already have a higher ceiling than theirs will ever have....

Crazy... you are

Their current core? Did you even really look at before saying that?

Aaron Afflalo
Ty Lawson
Galinari
Jordon Hamilton
Kenneth Faried

All under 23 years old? That is a youthfull core of players that can actually play basketball, and Faried and Hamiliton got DNP's

I'm looking around the West, who do they really have to contend with? Remember, this is a 7 year bet... Dallas, unless they get Dwight and/or Deron, is screwed. SAS probably has 1 good year left. The Lakers look done. It really looks like the only real competition Denver will have is OKC, LAC, Memphis... anyone else?

Crazy... you are

Their current core? Did you even really look at before saying that?

Aaron Afflalo
Ty Lawson
Galinari
Jordon Hamilton
Kenneth Faried

All under 23 years old? That is a youthfull core of players that can actually play basketball, and Faried and Hamiliton got DNP's

i know their team....do you think one of those players will ever make an allstar game? maybe Lawson or Gallinari once or twice if ever....i don't like their core at all, no elite level talent (on a side note Afflalo is 26 and Lawson is 24).

can you tell me with a straight face you would take that core over ours with a high 2012 pick coming up?

i know their team....do you think one of those players will ever make an allstar game? maybe Lawson or Gallinari once or twice if ever....i don't like their core at all, no elite level talent (on a side note Afflalo is 26 and Lawson is 24).

can you tell me with a straight face you would take that core over ours with a high 2012 pick coming up?

See now your changing it, the 2012 pick wasn't part of the discussion. I would take their current core or over our current core yes.

They just need a go-to player. Not saying that a well diversed TEAM effort can't win games, but sometimes you just need that one player you know will get you the bucket or create opportunities when it counts. Every championship team had at least one, sometimes two or three.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."