• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Denver Nuggets

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Afflalo isnt an asset anymore (look at that FAT contract they gave him)...

Nuggets have to find a go-to-guy to be a contender, if not they will be stuck in first round mediocrity for years to come.

And to be honest they have to find that go to guy soon, Chandler is due for a extension, Nene and Afflalo got big contracts. Lawson aint cheap once his rookie contract is up either. So in other words they wont have a lot of cap space to sign a free agent.

Looking at their roster...Dwight would be a perfect fit :D

Ty Lawson
Afflalo
Chandler
Nene
Dwight

Why can't the Nuggets be the Pistons of the mid 2000's? Not as great on D but their offense is potent, and they are much deeper than that Pistons team. Only team in the West I would for sure take over Denver right now is OKC. I think Denver is on par with everybody else in the conference.

See now your changing it, the 2012 pick wasn't part of the discussion. I would take their current core or over our current core yes.
He didn't change it. You decided to completely skip over part of his post.

He initially said:
call me crazy but give us one more draft (Drummond :pray:) and our core will already have a higher ceiling than theirs will ever have....

and you replied as if he said the current core.

Damn... with the way the Nuggets are playing, I might as well pay up now, Jigo.

Role players won't make the WCF. This year however, but worry about the next 2 years when they have the money to bring in a star.

Role players won't make the WCF. This year however, but worry about the next 2 years when they have the money to bring in a star.

They are sooooooooooo deep though. I'm excited for the west playoffs. Got to root for Denver

I think we just saw a possible WCF match up.

I have no doubts about Denver's ability to seriously compete in the west. I feel that they could beat any team in a 7 game series in the west right now. It all depends on if their amazing offensive execution can continue in the playoffs, and if they can continue to push the pace. They certainly have the personnel to do it. OKC would be the obvious obstacle for them.

And how can you not root for them? A great team without a "star". I love it.

Denver can compete for a title because the top of the West is so weak. Who here thinks this team can't beat the Lakers, or the Mavericks, or the Spurs in a 7 game series? These are all of your West Conference teams who have recently titles. The only real power in the West looks to be OKC, and they have major flaws..mainly the fact that they have zero ability to score from the post. Most years, Denver couldn't compete for a title, but this year I think they can.

If I had to pick the three best teams in the West, in no particular order it would be OKC, Denver, and LAC. No reason this year, with a struggling Dirk, a Lakers team with no depth, and the Spurs over the hill, that Denver can't get to at least the WCF.

Denver can compete for a title because the top of the West is so weak. Who here thinks this team can't beat the Lakers, or the Mavericks, or the Spurs in a 7 game series? These are all of your West Conference teams who have recently titles. The only real power in the West looks to be OKC, and they have major flaws..mainly the fact that they have zero ability to score from the post. Most years, Denver couldn't compete for a title, but this year I think they can.

If I had to pick the three best teams in the West, in no particular order it would be OKC, Denver, and LAC. No reason this year, with a struggling Dirk, a Lakers team with no depth, and the Spurs over the hill, that Denver can't get to at least the WCF.

Iam confident that Denver cannot beat this Lakers team in a best of 7 series. I'm not anti-denver, But I think the Lakers are a better team come playoffs. And Lakers D has improved. Also watching yesterdays game I feel more confident saying that. besides, the referees tend to favor Kobe come playoffs ;-)

This Denver team reminds me of the 90's Cavs

Price
Daugherty
Larry Nance
Craig Ehlo
Hot Rod
Bobby Phills
Stever Kerr
etc, etc

Should have never traded Ron Harper...

Anyone watch "The Association" Lets go nuggets!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."