• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#4 Ohio State Buckeyes vs. #2 Duke Blue Devils -|- Nov. 28th, 2012 -|- 9:30 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: #4 Ohio State Buckeyes vs. #2 Duke Blue Devils -|- Nov. 28th, 2012 -|- 9:30 PM ES

Lol. God forbid Ohio State lose to a place where 96 other non-conference opponents have lost in a row.

Bad offense all night and early foul trouble to Thomas was the difference.

Re: #4 Ohio State Buckeyes vs. #2 Duke Blue Devils -|- Nov. 28th, 2012 -|- 9:30 PM ES

Would have liked to see Ross a bit more in the second half. He could have provided a great scoring punch. Other than that, I can't complain. They just went toe-to-toe with what most people think is the best team in the country on their home floor.

You can write it off as bad offense, but you're going to be saying that a lot, because when your starting back court is Aaron Craft and Sam Thompson, you're going to struggle to score, especially from the outside.

They're going to keep pretty much every game close because their defense is great, but they're going to be experiencing a lot of 2nd half struggles like tonight when teams key in on Thomas.

No idea why Scott was handling the ball so much in the 2nd half, it fucked our offense.

Nobody can shoot on this team minus Thomas.

And our big men are shit. Plumless nearly dropped a 20/20 on us. Embarrassing.

I'll kinda agree with Pyro on his thoughts about Matta. But he's not a terrible coach. He's the John Cooper of college basketball. He can come into a decent program and make them good but he'll never push them to the next level. He's too stubborn when it comes to adjustments and substitutions and such.

Oh well. Duke didn't impress me at all though.

Lol @ John Cooper reference. Probably the worst Ohio State coach ever. What a bum

Thad is a hell of a coach and I'll be pissed if we let him go. This team just doesn't have that much talent to be honest. Outside of Craft and Thomas, you really don't have much.

This team is far from lacking talent. They just don't have a good mix in their rotations right now.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing Della Valle get minutes. Pretty obvious that if you have a few guys on the court who can hit an outside shot, the floor is going to open up for the better athletes.

Our offensive flow in the second half was terrible. Literally no passing just jacking shots up.

Lol @ John Cooper reference. Probably the worst Ohio State coach ever. What a bum

Thad is a hell of a coach and I'll be pissed if we let him go. This team just doesn't have that much talent to be honest. Outside of Craft and Thomas, you really don't have much.

So when they did have talent, what was the excuse then?

So when they did have talent, what was the excuse then?

I guess the excuse was they only made the Final 4. Failure of a season.

Sorry one university can't win the championship every year. There are at least 347 Division 1 universities.

I would like to see Ross get more PT.

I would like to see Ross get more PT.

Agree.

I'll say it again, Amir Williams needs to step up big and quick. If we're going to make noise in the Big 10 this season we desperately need him in a big way. We need a big body to contain people like Cody Zeller, Trevor Mbakwe, Adreian Payne, Derrick Nix, etc. He's great on the defensive end and rebounding. I think that's honestly all we need him for, but some semblance of an offensive game would be real nice too!

Agree.

I'll say it again, Amir Williams needs to step up big and quick. If we're going to make noise in the Big 10 this season we desperately need him in a big way. We need a big body to contain people like Cody Zeller, Trevor Mbakwe, Adreian Payne, Derrick Nix, etc. He's great on the defensive end and rebounding. I think that's honestly all we need him for, but some semblance of an offensive game would be real nice too!

No doubt. Shannon Scott having something that resembled the slightest ability to score would be nice too. Kid just cant get anything to fall. Sam Thompson isn't offensively gifted either - he can jump high as hell. Cool. Good defender though.

We need all the scoring on the floor we can get - would like to see Ross start and have the Italian stallion spell Smith more.

First half was as good as you can play in that building. Then, the wheels just came off and we crashed.

And how the fuck could people want Matta gone? Seriously? You know caliparis first ship was just last year??? Thad took an irrelevant program and has 4 big ten fucking titles.

I'm not a proponent of getting rid of Matta, but he has serious flaws as an in game coach.

He's too valuable as a recruiter to get rid of though. We wouldn't find anyone better.

I'm not a proponent of getting rid of Matta, but he has serious flaws as an in game coach.

He's too valuable as a recruiter to get rid of though. We wouldn't find anyone better.
I agree. That's why I think we should keep him.

I agree too.

However, keep him as a recruiter, and keep his ass far far away from the bench.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."