• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Buckeyes land Va Tech Center Thompson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
He's no Anthony Lee, but he's pretty solid. Can't hurt to have a 7 footer. Should have gotten way more playing time at VT this past season

Maybe I'm missing something, as I've never watched him play, but he was a three star recruit who landed at V-Tech, who subsequently shot 41% from the field while standing at 7 feet tall. Even Amir Williams isnt that bad

I could be totally off base

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something, as I've never watched him play, but he was a three star recruit who landed at V-Tech, who subsequently shot 41% from the field while standing at 7 feet tall. Even Amir Williams isnt that bad

His putrid coaching and teammates had a lot to do with it.

wonder if he gets the waiver that will allow him to play next year...anything to keep Williams off the court

If anything it helps fill the void from Williams after next year.

He's 7 Ft with a 7'4 Wingspan, cant be that useless.

He's 7 Ft with a 7'4 Wingspan, cant be that useless.

RyanHollins_007.jpg

Figured I'd just bump this for all OSU basketball recruiting info. Landed Austin Grandstaff, a consensus top 40 player nationally and 4* SG from Texas, today. Considered an elite shooter. Was once committed to Oklahoma State. That makes three commits for 2015, two of whom are from Texas :chuckles:

I'm assuming they'll take two more in the class (guessing it'll be Daniel Giddens, 4* center from Georgia and Esa Ahmad, recently offered 4* PF from Shaker Heights).

Apparently Mickey Mitchell is actually going to stay in the '15 class too. Pleasant surprise on that.

Would suck for Thompson if they land Giddens for '15 right when he becomes eligible :chuckles:

Is Carlton Bragg a possibility or has that ship sailed?

Last edited:
Apparently Mickey Mitchell is actually going to stay in the '15 class too. Pleasant surprise on that.

Would suck for Thompson if they land Giddens for '15 right when he becomes eligible :chuckles:

Is Carlton Bragg a possibility or has that ship sailed?

Yeah, Mitchell was helping to recruit Grandstaff. His commitment is solid. Only thing that concerns me with him at this point is his injury history. Tore his ACL playing football two years ago and struggled with some back issues during his recent high school season. Hasn't played much in AAU either. Athleticism is a big part of his game and these injuries have limited him in that regard.

I think the Bragg ship has sailed. They wouldn't have offered Ahmad if they were feeling really good about Carlton. It's a shame that both 5* players from Ohio in this class are going to end up elsewhere, but OSU was at a disadvantage because neither kid grew up a fan of the program and both were heavily recruited by the bluebloods of CBB.

When it comes down to it though, this is likely going to be a top 5-6 class with every player being consensus top 100 guys nationally. It's also addressing some of OSU's most pressing needs (pure PG, shooters, legit post player). Any rumors of this program's demise in recruiting were greatly exaggerated.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."