• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Round 3, Game 1 | Cavs @ Atlanta | May 20th, 2015 | 8:30pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Delly is a team high +8. J.R. is +2. Everyone else is in the negative.

That doesn't mean he's been out best player, but it means we have been way better with him on the floor. Which has been obvious to anyone's impartial eye-test, and also backed-up by numbers.

You're eye test is failure.

Anyways let's hope for a better 2nd half.

Man, I am very pessimistic after seeing Kyrie in that first half. Not about this series. I still think we can win this one regardless. But if this is the Kyrie we are getting the rest of the playoffs, we really don't stand a chance if we make the finals.

You give me, LeBron James, solid defense, good rebounding, and shooters, i'll give you a title. Full faith in this team, go Cavs.

Mozgov has 8pts 7rebs to Horfords 10 and 1. Cavs outrebounding Hawks by 10 in one half.

The problem is controlling Teague.

Feeling like Teague is giving up as much on D as getting on O, and only 1 assist, willing to have him try to beat us, if he keeps having to guard LeBron in Ky/LBJ PnR

Surprised, but Mozgov held his own against Horford, that match up still has me nervous though.

Reactions: gym
Adjustments have been good so far, good coaching by Blatt.

What's mind blogging is why Shump, one of the best perimetrer defenders of the league, the best of the team, has around 15 min so far. What the hell??? This guy should be playing 40 + min a game in this series. Do not let Teague breathe, put Iman 100% of time on him.

You give me, LeBron James, solid defense, good rebounding, and shooters, i'll give you a title. Full faith in this team, go Cavs.

Well then we have a problem.

I think Kyrie should be shut down, or basically just given spot up plays. Maybe even play him next to Delly or LeBron so the ball keeps moving. He has been 0 for anything involving a drive.

Shump on Teague...plain and simple ..Kyrie can run around picks and stay with Korver like he did with Dunleavy...Blatt needs to understand that...this game is there for the taking

What hurts is that Kyrie cant make Teague work on defense.

Healthy Kyrie makes Teague exert too much energy too be this good. However, he gets to relax on defense and then attack an injured defender.

Just bad luck. But we must adjust.

No ref BS and the Cavs are up at the half by at least 8...

Doesn't matter though.

Cavs have to kill them where there is no answer. The 4th Quarter.

Cavs have closers. Hawks don't.

Everyone bitching about a back-up role player who makes a couple hundred thousand dollars a year. Kyrie is the star player making the big dollars, boys. Direct your anger in his direction because he was worse than Delly.

Anger shouldn't be directed at either. One is injured, and everyone that is a part of reality should know that the 19 point performance from Delly isn't going to be an encore.

If Kyrie is truly limited. I'm ok with JR shooting more shots.

I swear to God, we better not lose by 1 or 2 after that gift the Hawks got at the end of the first half.

Irving and Jones are huge liabilities on defense right now. Once again, the best lineups were our "one big and four wings" with either TT or Moz and then James/JR/Shump/Delly. That lineup is +63 per 100 possessions this playoffs and was +40 per 100 possessions tonight. The only way Irving contributes to winning right now is if he's hitting buckets of threes and scoring at the FT line because he's giving everything up to whoever he's guarding.

Reactions: SVC

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."