• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Ratings System

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should we remove downvoting ("Disagree" and "Old")?

• Total voters
I don't use the disagree button because I know it annoys most people. I disagree with people here all the time. If it strikes a nerve with me, I'll reply. I don't feel the need to press "disagree" just for the sake of it being known without actually adding something to the discussion.

I disagree.

I also try to exclusively use the "Like" button so it counts for something. I've never read a funny post that I didn't like... Same goes for winner, informative, creative, etc.

Last edited:
I disagree.
And I know you are joking, but that's a good example. This is the post equivalent of the disagree button. My natural reply to that post would be "Why do you disagree?". And that would be socially acceptable because you were the one that initiated first contact, be it in post form. For some reason things change when you ask someone why the disagreed with you in rating form. It's then looked at as petty.

My conclusion? People stink.

I also try to exclusively use the "Like" button so it counts for something. I've never read a funny post that I didn't like... Same goes for winner, informative, creative, etc.
This. I think this really needs to change. Either winner, informative, creative, funny, and useful need to count for something or they need to be removed.

Ultimately, I don't really care about any of this either way. This is still the best sports forum on the web and I don't think the ratings system is problematic at all. Just my opinion.

And I know you are joking, but that's a good example. This is the post equivalent of the disagree button. My natural reply to that post would be "Why do you disagree?". And that would be socially acceptable because you were the one that initiated first contact, be it in post form. For some reason things change when you ask someone why the disagreed with you in rating form. It's then looked at as petty.

My conclusion? People stink.

People = shit, I hear is the saying.

However, you can't expect a reasonable answer behind every "disagree" rating.

It's like someone coming up to you, someone like your grandmother, and asking "why do you wear your hat that way? I hate it!" You might think for a second to ask why and want to argue, but you quickly realize she's an old bitty and people are entitled to their opinion (ignorant as it may be), and you have to be OK with not getting a response that will validate your feelings.

I agree with jking - I really don't care about the negative rating as much as I do about the other positive ratings not counting towards my (eventually forthcumming) golden penis (and even then I don't really care).

People = shit, I hear is the saying.

However, you can't expect a reasonable answer behind every "disagree" rating.

It's like someone coming up to you, someone like your grandmother, and asking "why do you wear your hat that way? I hate it!" You might think for a second to ask why and want to argue, but you quickly realize she's an old bitty and people are entitled to their opinion (ignorant as it may be), and you have to be OK with not getting a response that will validate your feelings.

I agree with jking - I really don't care about the negative rating as much as I do about the other positive ratings not counting towards my (eventually forthcumming) golden penis (and even then I don't really care).
The appropriate response to that would be to bite her nose off and spit it in her stupid face.

This. I think this really needs to change. Either winner, informative, creative, funny, and useful need to count for something or they need to be removed.

Ultimately, I don't really care about any of this either way. This is still the best sports forum on the web and I don't think the ratings system is problematic at all. Just my opinion.

I really think people should get rep for 'funny, informative, useful' as well as 'like'. (Do people even get rep for a 'winner' rating, which is really the highest one?). Informative and useful posts are just as beneficial to the board, if not more so, than 'liked' posts. And funny is funny, that deserves a thumbs up.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."