• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

RCF Hoops Vets League 2015-16

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kypus

Diggers
Reaction score
Our hallowed league renewed from last year's rosters. Discuss.

Draft
Sun Oct 25 9:45 PM
its-happening.gif

Last year was, by far, my worst finish in any fantasy league I've ever played as well as my first autodraft. This year I will not be spending draft night having Sunday dinner with the in-laws.

Lesson learned.

Last year was my first year playing fantasy hoops and it showed.

Second place... Had a good run last year...

Ready for last place this time.

Any chance we could go to Monday evening?

Not one, not two, not three.....

Draft time 12.45pm Monday here. Looks like I'll be "forced" to head home from work early.

Are there any spots open in this?

I can probably do Monday night if that has to be the night. Sunday is good too. As long as the time is 9:45 on either night I'm good.

Sunday or Monday night works for me.

I'm very strongly inclined to keep it on the Sunday before regular season, that has been the time for about the last 5 years and we've usually had between 13-14 of the 16 ppl drafting live. Karma is the only one I know of with an obvious timezone conflict, sorry about that dude.

9:45 is late enough that prep for the work week should be out of the way, but not too late to make ppl tired for Monday morning.

I mean, I could do the Mon night if like 7 or 8 ppl were calling for it and only it, but IMO if it ain't broke don't fix it :piss:

@Kypus Supposedly yahoo added a injured player spot can we make sure we have that? Also is it possible to change to 3 pick ups per week not just 2?

As much as I believe in "These are the parameters of the league rules, play within them," an injured designation would be a long overdue addition. I can't list the number of weeks I lost solely because of one or two temporary injuries while the opponent won the week with a crappier team and no injuries.

I can live with the two roster moves cap.

I'd back both of Ron's suggestions. The IR spot would be great.

And the bump up to 3 would be a welcome addition. I don't think it removes much of the skill based factor... you still have to be really smart about your pickups... but two is pretty limiting. I'd back a bump up to 3.

@Kypus Supposedly yahoo added a injured player spot can we make sure we have that?

AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTELY! It's been a long time coming...I didn't believe it until I looked under the roster settings, so they must've just updated it. I'll convert the 4th Utility spot to IR, so we're still at 14 roster spots per team.

EDIT- Meant Utility, not bench. Changed.

Yahoo_IR_Spot.jpg

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."