• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015-2016 Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Gregg Marshall's team has gotten worse in each of the last three seasons.

Isn't this the same beef you have with Matta?
That's simply not true. And, perspective.

3 years ago he went to the Final Four.
3 years ago Thad went to the Elite Eight.

2 years ago he went 35-1.
2 years ago Thad lost in the 1st round.

Last year he went to the Sweet Sixteen.
Last year D'Angelo won a tournament game.

This year he went to the 2nd round.
This year Thad missed the tourney.

And Gregg Marshall is coaching at Wichita State.

I'm not sure there's an AD out there that would take Matta over Marshall right now.

Bucks are ok on bigs with Micah Potter and Derick Funderburk coming in next year. Hopefully they can pick up 1 or 2 solid guards before next season.

Last edited:
You told me it wasn't true, then showed the last three years of his team taking a step backward each time :chuckle:.

Each program has shown marginal decline in each of the last three years.

Also, Marshall is five years older than Thad.

Not sure you're looking at much more than a lateral move here.

If I'd want to see any change, I'd hope to find a guy with the charisma and acumen to take advantage of the recruiting game a bit better than Matta has, in addition to coaching prowess.

I guess we have different definitions of a step backwards. One program has consistently made the tournament and won games the last few years. The other...hasn't.

Age isn't as relevant as health is, here.

Marshall seems to do alright recruiting talent to Wichita State. And from watching his teams in the tournament, he is a pretty impressive coach.

To each his own, but I feel pretty confident in saying that most ADs, if not all, would take Marshall.

I appreciate what Thad has done for the program, but sometimes a coach just loses his touch for one reason or another. We'll see if he turns it around, but I'm not betting on it. Hope he proves me wrong. Really hope OSU doesn't wait too long.

Wonder, if he stays at WSU, if Marshall has the same success without Van Fleet and Baker...would be a real testament to his skills.

And I'd rather go after a younger option when the time comes.

I don't think Sean leaves Arizona, so I think Archie Miller is the obvious guy to go after. I know he just signed an extension, but so did Shaka and Stevens before they left for Texas and Boston.

Someone I know hinted OSU is grooming Paulus to take over as HC, that would make a lot of sense IMO.

Someone I know hinted OSU is grooming Paulus to take over as HC, that would make a lot of sense IMO.

If by make sense, you mean makes no sense at all, then I think you're on to something.

But OSU hiring a kid who has never been a head coach is a non starter with the Athletic Department, the BoT and just about anyone with influence.

It would be shocking and disappointing if Greg Paulus was the next coach

Yeah, Paulus is still a little green for my liking (think he will be a terrific coach down the line, said that before), but he has been an assistant under Thad longer than Kevin Ollie was an assistant under Calhoun...of course Paulus didn't play in the NBA for 13 years...

Considering one of the main problems we've recently seen is player development, i would be hesitant to hire anyone who should be, you know, helping to develop players.

Regardless, this new coach talk is so premature. Let's wait and see how next year turns out. We finally have consistency and some pretty decent players, regardless of losing Giddens, Harris, and Mitchell. We also have a coach with a career winning percentage of over 75%.

Cancel the program, turn the men into Caitlyn Jenner's and have them join the already great Women's program. Problem solved.

Cancel the program, turn the men into Caitlyn Jenner's and have them join the already great Women's program. Problem solved.
Kelsey Mitchell wouldn't even need a trouser snake to be the best shooter on the men's team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."