• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dislike Button

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bob_The_Cat

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
@Ben @gourimoko I've been thinking about this for a little while. Any thought of making it a requirement to post a reply if you "dislike" a post? Not sure if this bugs anyone else, but it kind of gets on my nerves when someone dislikes a post and then doesn't offer anything of substance to the discussion.

Maybe this only bothers me, but it seems like someone should have to offer a counterpoint if they disagree with your post.

@Ben @gourimoko I've been thinking about this for a little while. Any thought of making it a requirement to post a reply if you "dislike" a post? Not sure if this bugs anyone else, but it kind of gets on my nerves when someone dislikes a post and then doesn't offer anything of substance to the discussion.

Maybe this only bothers me, but it seems like someone should have to offer a counterpoint if they disagree with your post.

I think @Randolphkeys addressed this a little while back, but many may not have noticed.

Disagrees don't affect your rep anymore. They're next to meaningless now.

Previously, had someone spammed disagree or old on a post, for whatever reason, you had to look at that as essentially negative rep whenever you logged in; which was annoying, especially if unwarranted.

I think people just abused the system.. In theory it makes sense, but in practice, it led to petulant behavior and then back and forth arguments about the function itself.

Now, all of that is gone, which is a much better system to be honest.

I'm glad the board tested out negative rep (like) systems, but to be honest, I think everyone now agrees it's better to just have it as it is today.

So I wouldn't let it get under your skin.

Don't think so. Sometimes people just disagree with your opinion and don't really want to say anything else and have drag on like in the Kyrie thread.

I've been giving a lot of disagrees lately to random posts (such as the @Pyro K meter) because I want to join @Tornicade 's stupid haters club.

Who is Tornicade?

Not sure if this bugs anyone else, but it kind of gets on my nerves when someone dislikes a post and then doesn't offer anything of substance to the discussion.

I dislike the name of this thread. It's not a "dislike" button, it's a "disagree" button. I think many think of it as a "dislike" button and take it way too personally. I don't think every disagree deserves an explanation. If someone posts that the Cavs should slow down the tempo, people are going to hit "disagree"...each one doesn't warrant an explanation. Just my opinion.

Cue the "dislikes"...err..."disagrees".

I do not qualify for the haters clubs.
I've been giving a lot of disagrees lately to random posts (such as the @Pyro K meter) because I want to join @Tornicade 's stupid haters club.
Its not my club. I just exposed the club through hardnosed investigative Journalism by exploring the seedy underworld of the RCF.

I once had sex with a dislike button. I came, whatever...

The Rainbow rating seems to be gone.

Last edited:
I would use a dislike button for any post that supports having a dislike button.

I can now say I want the disagree button gone

Not because I care at all about getting the little red X. But because of all of the God damn posts I have to read through of someone tagging someone who disagreed with their comment passively aggressively asking them why they disagreed

Maybe it's because I'm really hungover at work and had to read through 5 of them in the damn trade deadline thread but FFS can people just ignore it when they get a red X

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."