• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Remaining 2016 Free Agents

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
Just to keep track of who is still out there for the Cavaliers to acquire. I'll update as often as I can when signings are confirmed. Players are in order by 2015-16 Win Shares.

Players with a * are RFA.

Point Guards
- Mario Chalmers
- Steve Blake
- Andre Miller
- Kirk Hinrich
- Norris Cole

Shooting Guard
- J.R. Smith
- Gary Neal
- Rasual Butler
- Kevin Martin
- Sasha Vujacic
- Markel Brown*
- P.J. Hairston
- Randy Foye
- Ray McCallum*
- Jared Cunningham
- James Anderson
- Ray Allen (did not play in 2015-16)

Small Forward
- Chase Budinger
- Tayshaun Prince
- Damjan Rudez*
- Metta World Peace
- Chris Copeland
- Cleanthony Early*

Power Forward
- David Lee
- Tyler Hansbrough
- Matt Bonner
- Thomas Robinson
- Cory Jefferson*
- Ryan Kelly*
- Steve Novak
- Josh Smith
- Lou Amundson

Center
- Donatas Montejunas*
- Robert Sacre
- Charlie Villanueva
- Chris Kaman
- Chuck Hayes
- Kendrick Perkins
- Kevin Seraphin
- Larry Sanders (did not play in 15-16)

Last edited:
Just to keep track of who is still out there for the Cavaliers to acquire. I'll update as often as I can when signings are confirmed. Players are in order by 2015-16 Win Shares.

Players with a * are RFA.

Point Guards
- Mario Chalmers
- Matthew Dellavedova* (agreed to deal with MIL; can still be matched)
- Langston Galloway
- Raymond Felton
- Donald Sloan
- Pablo Prigioni
- Jason Terry
- Isaiah Cannan*
- Shane Larkin
- Ronnie Price
- Steve Blake
- Tim Frazier
- Andre Miller
- Brian Roberts
- Aaron Brooks
- Kirk Hinrich
- Beno Udrih
- Norris Cole
- Marcelo Huertas*
- Phil Pressey*
- Greivis Vasquez

Shooting Guard
- J.R. Smith
- Dwayne Wade
- Allen Crabbe*
- Manu Ginobili
- Lance Stephenson
- Leandro Barbosa
- Dion Waiters*
- Marcus Thorton
- Gary Neal
- Rasual Butler
- Kevin Martin
- Troy Daniels
- Sasha Vujacic
- Ian Clark*
- Wayne Ellington
- Markel Brown*
- P.J. Hairston
- Randy Foye
- Alan Anderson
- Ray McCallum*
- Mike Miller
- Jared Cunningham
- James Anderson

Small Forward
- LeBron James
- Derrick Williams
- Mo Harkless*
- Richard Jefferson
- Gerald Green
- Chase Budinger
- James Johnson
- James Jones
- Tayshaun Prince
- Sergey Karasev
- Damjan Rudez*
- Metta World Peace
- Chris Copeland
- Cleanthony Early*

Power Forward
- Brandon Bass
- Luis Scola
- David Lee
- Quincy Acy
- Mo Speights
- Terrence Jones*
- Willie Reed*
- Tyler Hansbrough
- Matt Bonner
- James Michael McAdoo*
- Thomas Robinson
- Udonis Haslem
- Anthony Bennett
- Cory Jefferson*
- Ryan Kelly*
- Steve Novak
- Josh Smith
- Lou Amundson

Center
- Jared Sullinger*
- Jordan Hill
- Boban Marjanovic*
- Festus Ezeli*
- Dewayne Dedmon
- Amar'e Stoudemire
- Meyers Leonard*
- Miles Plumlee*
- Tyler Zeller*
- Chris Andersen
- J.J. Hickson
- Donatas Montejunas*
- Robert Sacre
- Andrea Bargnani
- Charlie Villanueva
- Chris Kaman
- Chuck Hayes
- Eric Moreland*
- Kendrick Perkins
- Kevin Seraphin
Karasev went back to Russia and you left out Larry Sanders :chuckle:
Part of me is a little interested in Derrick Williams. Remember when Rizzo was screaming the Cavs should take him over Irving? Good times.....

Karasev went back to Russia and you left out Larry Sanders :chuckle:
Part of me is a little interested in Derrick Williams. Remember when Rizzo was screaming the Cavs should take him over Irving? Good times.....

The list I had this from ranked from last year's win shares, so Sanders wasn't on there.

Forgot that about Karasev though. Thanks.

Let's go out and get that cat LeBron James, I hear he is good.

I don't think Terrence Jones is a RFA, he was never offered a tender from Houston.

Did not inc any of it own FA or any RFA. Listed by position and not order of preference, these are the guys I wouldn't be angry about signing. Fully aware some of these guys likely will not take MLE or below at this point. Think ultimately we will need two FA signings and one trade via the TPE

Sloan
Chalmers

Lance
Ellington

Acy
James Johnson

Bass
Scola
T Jones

Hill
Dedmon
Sanders

Assuming we resign LeBron, JR, and RJ we have this:

PG: Kyrie Irving, Mo Williams, Kay Felder
SG: JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Jordan McRae
SF: LeBron James, Richard Jefferson, ???
PF: Kevin Love, Channing Frye, ???
C: Tristan Thompson, ???, Sasha Kaun

I would be happy with adding Derrick Williams/James Johnson, Thomas Robinson/Quincy Acy/Brandon Bass, and Dewayne Dedmon/Larry Sanders. I'm not sure what younger guys you can get on that list at the vet min but T-Rob looked pretty good once he got some run with Brooklyn last year. You can also send Felder down to Canton and sign a backup PG or combo guard type.

If you assume the depth chart below:

PG- Kyrie, Mo, Kay
SG- JR, Shump, McRae
SF- LBJ, RJ, Jones (whichever doesnt retire)
PF- Love, Frye
C- TT, Kaun

Its clear you need a SF & C. Of that list I would take a shot on the following players. If JR happens to leave, your F'd beyond belief.

- Derrick Williams
- Wayne Ellington (Personal pick)
- Gerald Green
- Thomas Robinson
- Larry Sanders
- Robert Sacre
- Chris Kaman

Of that group, I would imagine all could play minutes in a series vs GSW (minus Kaman). Sanders, Green, and even Dwill could change that series based on their athleticism. Doubtful that entire list can be had for the price of the veterans minimum & MMLE with all the money going around. I would be interested to see what happens with both of the Jones as well. Dahntay is under contract & Champs has yet to announce retirement.

Last edited:
The list I had this from ranked from last year's win shares, so Sanders wasn't on there.

Forgot that about Karasev though. Thanks.
In all seriousness if he would be willing to take the minimum for a year and he is not a bad locker room guy Williams is an interesting player in a small ball lineup. The problem is he is a poor three point shooter, even though his stroke looks above average. Not sure he is anything on defense. Anyone watch him on league pass?

Assuming we resign LeBron, JR, and RJ we have this:

PG: Kyrie Irving, Mo Williams, Kay Felder
SG: JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Jordan McRae
SF: LeBron James, Richard Jefferson, ???
PF: Kevin Love, Channing Frye, ???
C: Tristan Thompson, ???, Sasha Kaun

I would be happy with adding Derrick Williams/James Johnson, Thomas Robinson/Quincy Acy/Brandon Bass, and Dewayne Dedmon/Larry Sanders. I'm not sure what younger guys you can get on that list at the vet min but T-Rob looked pretty good once he got some run with Brooklyn last year. You can also send Felder down to Canton and sign a backup PG or combo guard type.
I highly doubt Kaun will get a spot. You forgot James Jones. They could easily cut Mo Williams as well if they needed an extra roster spot.

In all seriousness if he would be willing to take the minimum for a year and he is not a bad locker room guy Williams is an interesting player in a small ball lineup. The problem is he is a poor three point shooter, even though his stroke looks above average. Not sure he is anything on defense. Anyone watch him on league pass?

I haven't watched him much outside of Cavs/Knicks games, but the numbers say that he's below average on defense.

I highly doubt Kaun will get a spot. You forgot James Jones. They could easily cut Mo Williams as well if they needed an extra roster spot.

I'm cool with those scenarios. Only listed Kaun and Mo since they are technically still under contract with the Cavs right now, and Jones is sort of our fall back 2am booty call if we need a 14th/15th man and he still wants to play.

I'm cool with those scenarios. Only listed Kaun and Mo since they are technically still under contract with the Cavs right now, and Jones is sort of our fall back 2am booty call if we need a 14th/15th man and he still wants to play.

I think because of Lebron, James Jones gets to make the decision if he is on this team. If he wants to play for us he is on the roster. I don't think the front office really has a choice.

I think because of Lebron, James Jones gets to make the decision if he is on this team. If he wants to play for us he is on the roster. I don't think the front office really has a choice.
Shoot they should just put Jones on the coaching staff at this point. Thats basically what he is anyway.

I haven't watched him much outside of Cavs/Knicks games, but the numbers say that he's below average on defense.

Yeah, he's mainly just a young body that can soak up a lot of regular season minutes.

When he first entered the NBA, he was a better defender, so some of that could just be effort.

He's bounced around on a couple terrible teams since then (NYK / SAC), so he's a potential reclamation project.

He's a relatively efficient player who is young and played for terrible franchises. When looking for value, that's a good place to start.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."