• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Addressing the hole at center

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Honestly, Pogba is really overrated. The guy is good but not a leader. He proved it at the beginning of the season with the Juve after Pirlo n Tevez left. When playing for France, he does the same, try to prove too much n is most of the time crap. Deschamps didn't help him but had to play him (popular player) while Kante n Sissoko who would hv brought way more.
For the weak links, I can't see it. France ones are better than Portuguese ones tbh. The best team was Germany by far, then Italy n I think the finale saw the weaker team won (same in semis with Germany). Football is the least predictable team sport, thats maybe why this is the number 1 worldwide. (Korea went to semis...talk abt weak links in their team...wouldn't even play for Fulham now ;))

The issue with Philly is they can't play their 3 C together and both Okafor n Noel have limitations (opposite of each other) n I think Okafor will be good but with a freaking stretch 4 rim protector (Anthony Davis)! lol
They can't stay bad this year as they need to set up a winning culture there or they'll lose players and won't attract any. As they can switch their pick with Sac', they don't need to be bad (+ the Lakers' one). They do have to pick a PG n Westbrook is out of their ballpark so choices are Rubio n Bledsoe as available ones. Rubio can't shoot, the whole Philly team can't, n Bledsoe can + defend...the price of his contract is good for a low risk/high reward player + he shares the same agent as Simmons...Mr PAUL! Think that's a fair trade for them n they would still have shit loads of capspace this year n next.

For the Cavs, I think Dunleavy n RJ will be fine for the 12 mpg needed to replace Channing. But a lack of real C will hurt at one point for sure. Think to make this trade good for both of us, ask Covington in this trade: mobile forward with length n volume 3 point shooter. I doubt Philly would agree though.
Fair enough, we've pretty much reached an impasse over just about everything. Good debate/discussion! I still disagree, but respectfully so!

I'd be interested in trying to get Prince Ibeh from the Buck's summer league roster to training camp. He was undrafted, but 6’11 with a 7’5.5 wingspan and standing reach of 9’4.5. Decent looking project big.

Fair enough, we've pretty much reached an impasse over just about everything. Good debate/discussion! I still disagree, but respectfully so!

Same. Was really enjoyable! Let's do that again and Go Cavs! :)
p.s.: Cavs still need to find a center though ;)

There was an article in ESPN this morning about Okafor. He's rehabbed from his neck injury and looking for a comeback, likely in January.
Might be worth the look, esp to keep him away from GS.

There was an article in ESPN this morning about Okafor. He's rehabbed from his neck injury and looking for a comeback, likely in January.
Might be worth the look, esp to keep him away from GS.

I wouldn't mind it at all if he went to Golden State. I love seeing them sign guys that make them easier to defend (ex. Pachulia, West, Varejao)

Is Mo Williams your back up it available. Vlade would definetly offer Koufos for Mo. Koufos is on a great contract 8.5mill per year and is a good back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Mo Williams your back up it available. Vlade would definetly offer Koufos for Mo. Koufos is on a great contract 8.5mill per year and is a good back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point I would like koufos.

But kyrie would get sick of playing 48mpg

His defense sucks but his offense is top-notch. He added a really reliable midrange shot this past season. It means OKC is exploring the market for Kanter.

Yes. Might be looking for a SF who could play as PF as KD's replacement.

Yes. Might be looking for a SF who could play as PF as KD's replacement.
They're looking for a 3+D wing. Don't be surprised if they hold off Kanter until Rudy Gay's price comes down a bit...

EDIT: Thunder had 15 guaranteed deals on the roster before this trade. They didn't trade two picks for a guy not to play. This is 100% part of a bigger deal to come.

They're looking for a 3+D wing. Don't be surprised if they hold off Kanter until Rudy Gay's price comes down a bit...

EDIT: Thunder had 15 guaranteed deals on the roster before this trade. They didn't trade two picks for a guy not to play. This is 100% part of a bigger deal to come.

Why would Sacramento need another Center though? :p

I think Portland might be a destination for Kanter. They have wings which may attract OKC and Portland could do with a low post scorer.

I think Portland might be a destination for Kanter. They have wings which may attract OKC and Portland could do with a low post scorer.
If they decide to trade Boogie, which is likely assuming they start slow considering he is a free agent in 2018. OKC probably wants to get this trade done before the season, though, considering they have sixteen players.

I haven't heard Portland as a possibility but it does make sense. Here is what I have heard: Atlanta, Sacramento, and LAC all have interest in Kanter. OKC not necessarily trading Kanter, though. McGary, Collison, and Ersan are equally likely possibilities. OKC wants a 3+D player, with emphasis on the 3, as they feel pretty comfortable with their defensive wings already. They would also be willing to take a playmaking four, but that's not as big of a desire.

Portland might have more centers than Sacramento, though. Ezeli, Marshall, and Leonard all need minutes.

this season seems to be a renaissance for the center position and i am a bit worried for the lack of interior presence and shotblocking the cavs do not have.. the cavs need another mozgov and a band aid solution in birdman will not cut it.. the cavs for 3 games struggled against size giving up off rebounds and inside points.. i hope the front office makes another mozgov-like acquisition in the near future..

centers the cavs need to go through to:
det- drummond
atl- howard
ind- turner
tor- valanciunas
chi- lopez
mil- monroe
bos- horford

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."