• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

CWC Tournament- Discussion thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tornicade

2018 RBF League Champion
Reaction score
Here is the bracket. Profiles are here http://www.wwe.com/section/cruiserweight-classic-competitors
wwe-cruiserweight-classic-cwc-bracket.jpg

Last edited:
1st round Episode 1.
Bouts start off with a 15 second promo of the Oppoents talking aboutthem self on a recorded vid.

Hoho Lun-Hong Kong Style:High Flying/ Judo Vs Ariya Daivare-Iran Style HighFlying/ tai kwan do - WWE lineage
A little more crows interaction in this match. Ariya is a very fundamental wrestler . more in ring holds by Ariya. I wasn't really impressed with Hoho. I found him kinda annoying.

Kota Ibnushi- Japan Style: High Flying Strong Style Vs Sean Malutti-American Samoan (Aka another Anoa'i) ,Style: Technical high Flying
Maluta is one of the few Samoans thathave more than three wrestling moves. This was the only match that made sense

Clement Petoit-France, Style:Technical Vs Cedric Alexander- NC, Style:High-Flying, lost 25 pounds for tournament
Petoit is a solid executer. Cedric has an annoying clap he cant sem to go more than two seconds Without doing. This match was garbage.

Gran Metalk(masked) -Mexico Style: Lucha Libre vs Alejandro Saez -Chili Style: Striking , Lost 30 pounds to be in tournament
I liked that the locked up at the beginning of the bout.
I was surprised by Saez mobility.
Metalk had a variety of dives and walked the top rope
Its nice match really set the tone showing that the wrestlers will be able to use all the moves in their arsenal.

Overall: I don't understand why a smaller guy can get thumped on move after move after move and kick out then win the match on one hard move.
When you are having the smaller guy win make it believable like a series of moves leading to the finisher. not the momentary uphand with a hard move win.

Finished watching the first episode and what a great hour of wrestling.

Ibushi is Amazing at selling moves used against him. That top rope Codebreaker he took and that super kick he took were sold as good as anyone could possibly sell.

Daniel Bryan and Ronallo are so good on the mic and knew so much info about every wrestler and it enhanced the product 10x. Good announcing needs to come back to RAW ASAP.

Cedric Alexander and Ho Ho Lun were good but Cedric way better than Lun. Diavari worked an amazing her match and honestly when he got pinned I didn't feel like he should've been that tired yet. He worked Lun over the whole match.

But the best thing about it all was the wrestling. The matches weren't a 20 patty cake until we see 4 finishers from each guy and guys were losing off random moves which I loved. Reminds me of back in the day when guys could lose to ANYTHING. WWE seems to be addicted to letting every guy get their finisher off in every match. But because they do that the finishers seem unimportant and cheap because they get kicked out of all the time. In this first episode if you hit a big move no matter what it was the match was over. No one wants to see a finisher fest where dudes kick out of 6 finishers

Jesus Christ that pop for the Darren Young cross face chicken wing was CRAZY

this Smackdown is live so I hope the audio isn't altered because that was a crazy pop for a submission from a mid carder

They need to keep this Backlund Young thing going

Watching the 2nd set of matches

Tujiri( WWE lineage/Japan) vsDamien Slater (Australian) aka Worldbeater

Slater is pretty solid in the ring. Very controlled and purposeful in his movements. Tujiri had a very strong offensive style and his experience showed.

Tj Perkins (Phillipines)Vs Da Mack (Germany)

Mack wants to be the Michael Jackson of wrestling and calls himself the Urban German.

This was two athletic lightweights intent on putting on a show. TJ was pretty impressive. These guys were both strong in their counters.

This was one of the better matches so far.

Mustafa ALi (Pakistan ) vs Lince Delrado - Masked ( Puerto Rico)

The tournament goes tot he air. Mustafa is a very physical cruiserweight. Ali very cagey in the ring and is quick to move out of positions commonly targeted by the lucha style. Delrado made adjustment going to some of his quicker moves. Ali definitely forced Delrado to up his game.
Ali had some killer moves. This was an impressive match it really went over with the crowd.

Akira Tozawa(Japan) vs Kenneth Johnson (USA)

Tozawa express specifically he wants to wrestle in the WWE. This match started out with some fundamental locks and a few counter counters to those locks. Johnson handled himself pretty well you can see Tozawa change his strategy midway through the match. Ill agree with Daniel Bryan that tozawa underestimated his opponent. Johnson is a very patient guy and gave hiself a solid chance to win against a heavily favored opponent.

This episode left me wanting to see more. I am really excited about the 2nd round even though we are only haf way through the first round.

I was disappointed last week. this week delivered.

Akira Tozawa made a fan outta me

You always wanna see the young guys come up (Taijri VS Slater) but Idc what anyone says Taijiri looked good here. Wasn't a joke at all. You can tell Japan is where he needs to be and not the WWE. They have a poor track record with Japanese wrestlers being respected

Last edited:
Finally getting around to watching some Cruiserweight Classic. You can tell right from the start that Triple H is in charge of this, because the wrestling is front and center and the commentators find a way to make both the winner and loser in each match look good. I also like how most of the matches set up a heel and a face within the confines of the match. We know nothing about most of these guys, but they tell a quick story in the ring and show us who we're supposed to root for. Smart, sensible booking.

I really can't wait until Vince dies and Triple H takes over the entire company. Dude just gets it now. He may have been a politician prick for most of his career, but you can just see with NXT and the CWC that he just understands how to run a wrestling company.

Finally getting around to watching some Cruiserweight Classic. You can tell right from the start that Triple H is in charge of this, because the wrestling is front and center and the commentators find a way to make both the winner and loser in each match look good. I also like how most of the matches set up a heel and a face within the confines of the match. We know nothing about most of these guys, but they tell a quick story in the ring and show us who we're supposed to root for. Smart, sensible booking.

I really can't wait until Vince dies and Triple H takes over the entire company. Dude just gets it now. He may have been a politician prick for most of his career, but you can just see with NXT and the CWC that he just understands how to run a wrestling company.
Wait until you get to Ciampa and Gargano match.

Damn Raul Mendoza was fucking awesome. I was really disappointed that he lost. Would have loved to see another match or two from him.

Also, Kendrick looks like shit. Not in the ring, but physically he looks like he's done a boatload of drugs.

Didn't he lose some weight for the tournament?

A lot of the guys in the tournament did.

It seems to be a big positive for Cedric Alexander comparing his work in the CWC with his ROH stuff. Not that he wasn't good in ROH, but he's been great in the CWC.

In regard to Kendrick losing weight for this, I doubt it. He is listed well under the limit. If he lost weight, it wasn't for this.

He could definitely use a haircut though. I was always a big fan of THE Brian Kendrick.

It seems to be a big positive for Cedric Alexander comparing his work in the CWC with his ROH stuff. Not that he wasn't good in ROH, but he's been great in the CWC.

In regard to Kendrick losing weight for this, I doubt it. He is listed well under the limit. If he lost weight, it wasn't for this.

He could definitely use a haircut though. I was always a big fan of THE Brian Kendrick.

Oh, I thought he was talking about Mendoza losing weight. Kendrick was nowhere near the weight limit so that wouldn't have made much sense.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."