• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fantasy Football 2016

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Super late notice, but the RBF PPR Keeper League had one more unexpected last minute drop out. Post in the RBF thread why you would be the best choice for the last add.

I don't have time to change anything after tomorrow afternoon... move quick if you want in.

Have a guy who said he wanted to play in my league, I've now sent two invites in the last two weeks and multiple texts. Time to move on to fill that last spot. I don't have time for people who take two weeks to check an email in my league.

If you still have a spot I'll take it.

So even in non-PPR leagues, it's time to lose the obsession with taking RB's in the first two rounds, yes?

No, but it's time to stop undervaluing the WR in that format. I am in a standard league with a bunch of guys who whip out their mags and printouts and cross names off like dinosaurs. They also go RB-RB if possible. I use that to my advantage. We draw names and choose our slots as we go, so I do a lot of prepping on optimal draft slots. I want one high enough to get a player I am 100% on in the 1st but low enough to get the best possible guy in the 2nd round.

I can almost guarantee that Gurley, Johnson, and Elliot (maybe AP) will go in the top half of the first round. That will bump down Brown, OBJ, and Julio to me, hopefully, in the middle of the first. My aim right now is 6 or 7. That way, I'll get my top WR and maybe even ARob, Nuk, Dez, or AJG on the rebound. If I end up taking Elliot or Johnson in the first, I won't be mad either.

Last edited:
So I am in a super keeper league of only 8 teams. We can keep 5 players without losing any draft picks. My keepers are awesome as they should be in an 8 team league (but there are some teams who still can't put together 5 solid guys). It's PPR, start 2 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST We drafted tonight.

My team with keepers in (K)

QB:
  • Big Ben
  • P Rivers
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • RGIII
RB:
  • D Johnson (K)
  • Leveon Bell (K)
  • T Rawls
  • C Sims
  • B Powell
  • L Blount
WR:
  • Julio Jones (K)
  • Deandre Hopkins (K)
  • J Maclin
  • M Crabtree
  • Marvin Jones
  • Michael Thomas
TE
  • Gronk
  • Eiffert
K and DST - who cares?

Honestly, I thought your team would be more stacked. I would love to see some of your other teams in the league with only 8 people and 5 keepers.

Great TE's, of course.

2 of the best PPR receivers. The best (when healthy) PPR RB. Though I think your RB's are hurting. Other people must have kept ALL of the good RB's.

Like the mix of your throwing/running QB's.

10 team ppr Dynasty League, this is who I'm bringing back (We don't draft until Labor Day weekend):

We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX, DST, K

QB:
Eli Manning
Tony Romo
Jameis Winston

RB:
Danny Woodhead
Jeremy Hill
TJ Yeldon

WR:
Julio Jones
Keenan Allen
Alshon Jeffrey
Allen Hurns
Dorial Green-Beckham

TE:
Jason Witten

Need to fill 4 roster spots still, but that includes DST and K. I've been shopping Alshon Jeffrey like crazy trying to snag a RB. I can't rely on Danny Woodhead to be a PPR god forever.

Honestly, I thought your team would be more stacked. I would love to see some of your other teams in the league with only 8 people and 5 keepers.

Great TE's, of course.

2 of the best PPR receivers. The best (when healthy) PPR RB. Though I think your RB's are hurting. Other people must have kept ALL of the good RB's.

Like the mix of your throwing/running QB's.

Not sure if you can view these without being a league member or not:

http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguerosters?leagueId=202045

10 team ppr Dynasty League, this is who I'm bringing back (We don't draft until Labor Day weekend):

We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX, DST, K

QB:
Eli Manning
Tony Romo
Jameis Winston

RB:
Danny Woodhead
Jeremy Hill
TJ Yeldon

WR:
Julio Jones
Keenan Allen
Alshon Jeffrey
Allen Hurns
Dorial Green-Beckham

TE:
Jason Witten

Need to fill 4 roster spots still, but that includes DST and K. I've been shopping Alshon Jeffrey like crazy trying to snag a RB. I can't rely on Danny Woodhead to be a PPR god forever.

So do you have the rookie draft now? How many roster spots do you get?

So do you have the rookie draft now? How many roster spots do you get?

1 round of rookies and then anybody left off rosters is up for grabs

I have 4 spots to fill

I'm hurting for RBs obviously, but after Zeke there isn't much current help from rookies at that spot

I have my largest $$$ league draft on Friday. It's a 12 team, standard league with 6 pt QB TDs.

My biggest strategy question is what draft slots are preferred. We draw numbers then whoever draws the ace gets first choice of draft slots, the deuce gets 2nd, etc.

I always go back and forth on what slot is the best. I typically go middle to high because of the player I can get coming back in the 2nd. The guys in my league mostly live in the past and still go heavy RB in the early rounds. I try to use that to my advantage. Hell, Eddie Lacy went #1 last year!

My inital thought is to aim for 6. I can totally see Gurley, DJohnson, and Elliot going top 5. That would drop one of the big 3 WR to me. If not, at 6, one of those 3 RBs that drops to me would be acceptable. I also think that a stud like ARobinson or Gronk could still be there in rd two.

Then, I start to think about gambling that an AP and Lamar Miller sneaks into the top of the draft or some dope takes Cam or Rodgers (two QBs went rd 1 last year) and drops one of the Big 3 even lower. Pairing OBJ/Julio with Nuk or ARob to start a draft would be lethal, even in standard.

Or do I say screw it and aim for #1 and grab Brown?

Can y'all give my 10-team league squad a look? It's a 6 point QB TD league with PPR.. I got shut-out of the top WRs (they went 1-4, I picked #5).

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Zeke Elliott
WR: Brandin Cooks
WR: Demariyus Thomas
Flex:LeSean McCoy
TE: Delaine Walker
DEF: Jets D
K: Dan Bailey
Bench: Jordan Matthews
Bench: Tavon Austin
Bench: Zach Ertz
Bench: Kevin White
Bench: Marvin Jones
Bench: Geo Bernard
Bench: Matt Stafford

Can y'all give my 10-team league squad a look? It's a 6 point QB TD league with PPR.. I got shut-out of the top WRs (they went 1-4, I picked #5).

Overall, I really like your team. DThomas scares me a little bit with the QB uncertainty in DEN, but you should make your playoffs pretty easily, IMO.

Zeke in the 2nd was a steal...his production could be even higher with the Romo injury.

Looks good but with 10 teams it's always tough to gauge without seeing the other teams in the league.

I drafted 10th in a 10 teamer.

QB: Bortles (6th)
RB: Lamar Miller (1st, 10)
RB: Latavius Murray (4th,31)
WR: AJ Green (2nd, 11)
WR: TY Hilton (3rd, 30)
TE: Delanie Walker (8th)
Flex: Doug Baldwin (5th)
K: Blair Walsh (13th)
DEF: LA (12th)
Bench: Bench: QB Andy Dalton (14th)
Bench: RB Duke Johnson (10th)
Bench: RB Bilal Powell (FA, replaced Forsett 9th auto-pick)
Bench: WR Allen Hurns (7th)
Bench: WR Tavon Austin (11th)
Bench: WR Corey Coleman (Waivers, replaced auto-pick 15th)

So it went:
1 (10)- RB Lamar Miller
2 (11)- WR AJ Green
3 (30)- WR TY Hilton
4 (31)- RB Latavius Muray
5 (50)- WR Doug Baldwin
6 (51)- QB Blake Bortles
7 (70)- WR Allen Hurns
8 (71)- TE Delanie Walker
9 (90)- RB Justin Forsett (replaced with Bilal Powell
10(91)-RB Duke Johnson
11(110)WR Tavon Austin
12(111)DEF LA Rams
13(130)K Blair Walsh
14(131)QB Andy Dalton
15(150)TE Ladarius Green (replaced with WR Corey Coleman)

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."