• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fantasy Football 2016

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I used to do a 14 team league with California folks I'd watch games with on Sundays. The problem with the league was crazy deep benches. If you had an injury or two, there was nothing on the wire and you may as well just stop filling out the starting lineups.

You know what really chaps my ass as a commish? When a league member emails me the day after the draft saying he didn't know it was ppr. He caught a stat I didn't mean to track while he was looking at the scoring settings. In the initial league up I sent out I reminded everyone to review the scoring. I don't feel sorry for him not knowing the scoring, especially because they didn't change from last year.

You know what really chaps my ass as a commish? When a league member emails me the day after the draft saying he didn't know it was ppr. He caught a stat I didn't mean to track while he was looking at the scoring settings. In the initial league up I sent out I reminded everyone to review the scoring. I don't feel sorry for him not knowing the scoring, especially because they didn't change from last year.
If you don't take the league seriously enough to even look at the scoring for the required 18 seconds before the draft to determine whether or not it's a PPR I have no sympathy for you.

I think I've got one worse though. I'm in a work league and the setup was 3 WR/2RB and no flex. Ok. Not what I would've picked, but that was what the commish set up. That is how I drafted.

after the draft multiple people complained at 3 WR and no flex and we had a fucking league vote about whether or not to change it to 2 WR 1 FLEX. People complained that they were under the impression the league was a 2WR 1 flex.The league is in yahoo. When you're drafting you can fucking see the roster spots and see that there are 3 WRs and no flex even if you didn't want to look at the league settings before hand.

The vote was tied. I work with savages.

If you don't take the league seriously enough to even look at the scoring for the required 18 seconds before the draft to determine whether or not it's a PPR I have no sympathy for you.

I think I've got one worse though. I'm in a work league and the setup was 3 WR/2RB and no flex. Ok. Not what I would've picked, but that was what the commish set up. That is how I drafted.

after the draft multiple people complained at 3 WR and no flex and we had a fucking league vote about whether or not to change it to 2 WR 1 FLEX. People complained that they were under the impression the league was a 2WR 1 flex.The league is in yahoo. When you're drafting you can fucking see the roster spots and see that there are 3 WRs and no flex even if you didn't want to look at the league settings before hand.

I almost left a league once, I drafted Percy Harvin(pre Headaches) for a league that was giving credit for Kick Returns and Punt Returns TD. I drafted him much higher and they changed it after week one because "it didn't affect any scoring that week". I WAS FUCKING LIVID. Now I would for sure leave any league and request a refund if any settings were changed after the draft. That's just shitty commissioning.

I mean, it's common knowledge that the first thing you do when you are getting ready for a draft is spend a few minutes reviewing the scoring. Is it PPR? Do QBs get four or six points for touchdowns? What do starting line-ups look like? Those are basically the three most important aspects of team composition. If the guy couldn't be bothered with looking at the scoring, fuck him. It's his own fault.

I'd probably just quit any league that tried to make any major line-up or scoring changes after the draft. You can vote about those things, sure, but they should take effect the following season. In season changes should be limited to minor things, not aspects that you literally construct your entire roster around.

We actually changed from 3WR/No flex to 2WR/1FLEX in one of my leagues this year. However, we voted on it the week before the draft, so no complaints from me. That's how you should do it.

That's just shitty commissioning
Right? It's like dude people paid for this league. I set up all of my rankings based on the 3 WR format. And I can honestly say I would have changed my second round pick if it were a 2 WR format. The fact that it was even put up for a vote let alone it tied pissed me off. Thankfully the tie went to the 3 WR since it was what it was before the damn draft.

I'd probably just quit any league that tried to make any major line-up or scoring changes after the draft. You can vote about those things, sure, but they should take effect the following season. In season changes should be limited to minor things, not aspects that you literally construct your entire roster around.

We actually changed from 3WR/No flex to 2WR/1FLEX in one of my leagues this year. However, we voted on it the week before the draft, so no complaints from me. That's how you should do it.
Reason I wouldn't have quit is it's a work league and didn't want to make things awkward over $25 entry despite how insanely bad the judgement was to even have a vote. Completely agree though. If someone had a problem with the format they should have brought it up before the draft so we could vote. Not after people have already made selections

Reason I wouldn't have quit is it's a work league and didn't want to make things awkward over $25 entry despite how insanely bad the judgement was to even have a vote. Completely agree though. If someone had a problem with the format they should have brought it up before the draft so we could vote. Not after people have already made selections

There should never be changes to line-up composition after a fantasy draft. That's just insane, as people draft based around who they can start. In a 3WR league, you're obviously going to lean more heavily on receivers since there's no flex. If there's a flex spot and it's not PPR, you might be more inclined to stack RBs. If it's flex with PPR, you could target guys like Woodhead for that spot that you might otherwise ignore. Scoring rules and roster composition are basically the only thing you're basing your draft on. Changing them after the draft is idiotic.

Minor scoring changes wouldn't really bother me, though. Like if the league wanted to vote to remove penalties for kickers missing field goals? Whatever. Kicker is always one of the last two spots I draft, and there are always kickers on the wire, so it doesn't impact my draft. But I would consider that to be one of the few minor scoring changes that would be acceptable after a draft. Still something that probably should have been brought up before the draft, but I'm not going to quit the league over it.

Every league that has money involved should have a constitution that outlines each and every rule. It should also include any regulations on how things can be changed...voting procedures, etc.

My biggest pet peeve in leagues is letting league vote approve trades. Ugh...sucks to you that it hurts your chances. Unless the commish...and only the commish (unless he's involved in the trade) sees collusion, then tough beans.

Just drafted my team in a 12 team, non-ppr, 6 pt/QB TD scoring....

QB: Jameis Winston, Ryan Tannehill

RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Rashad Jennings, Danny Woodhead, Bilal Powell, Shaun Draughn, Dion Lewis

WR: AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, Jeremy Maclin, Marvin Jones, Sterling Shepherd, Michael Thomas

TE: Jordan Reed, Jared Cook

D: Who cares

K: Who Cares

Every league that has money involved should have a constitution that outlines each and every rule. It should also include any regulations on how things can be changed...voting procedures, etc.

My biggest pet peeve in leagues is letting league vote approve trades. Ugh...sucks to you that it hurts your chances. Unless the commish...and only the commish (unless he's involved in the trade) sees collusion, then tough beans.
My league is commissioner approval only. It's not up to other people to tell you how to run your team.

Just drafted my team in a 12 team, non-ppr, 6 pt/QB TD scoring....

QB: Jameis Winston, Ryan Tannehill

RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Rashad Jennings, Danny Woodhead, Bilal Powell, Shaun Draughn, Dion Lewis

WR: AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, Jeremy Maclin, Marvin Jones, Sterling Shepherd, Michael Thomas

TE: Jordan Reed, Jared Cook

D: Who cares

K: Who Cares
Zeke and Rashad are nice but those other RBs don't have much value in standard scoring. The rest of the team looks strong.

Last edited:
Zeke and Rashad are nice but those other RBs don't have much value in standard scoring. The rest of the team looks strong.

Yeah...I know my RBs are weak, but I was just getting too much value with the WRs to reach for one. I'll have to play the trade game later to compensate.

Yeah...I know my RBs are weak, but I was just getting too much value with the WRs to reach for one. I'll have to play the trade game later to compensate.
Never explain yourself to me when it comes to WR value, I'm a true believer.

Woodhead was a great value in standard scoring last year as well as PPR because the Chargers were always losing in the second half. Gordon looks like he adjusted to the pros so it's a risk, but I believe Woodhead is underrated in standard leagues.

Never explain yourself to me when it comes to WR value, I'm a true believer.

I was targeting Green at #9 until Elliot fell. When Green was still there at #16, I was floored. I thought about CJ Anderson at #33 over Jeffery, but thought Jeffery was a 2nd round value.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."