• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Shumpert for Iggy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Only reason Golden State would even consider trading Iggy is for cap saving reasons, but he's the only one that can slow LeBron down on that team and they won't trade him to the Cavs.

I can't root for Iggy, I just can't. I physically can't.

Why? Among the GS gang he's the one I have respected the most for the longest. Dude was supposed to be a star but found a role when it was clear he couldn't carry a team. Worked on his game to diminish his shooting weakness. Still one of the best defenders in the league.

Why? Among the GS gang he's the one I have respected the most for the longest. Dude was supposed to be a star but found a role when it was clear he couldn't carry a team. Worked on his game to diminish his shooting weakness. Still one of the best defenders in the league.
I have my reasons....

No way in hell this happens. You dont trade with your rival. Not to mention Shump is younger and on a great contract.

If GSW calls you willing to trade Iggy, you know that they know more about his back then you do and its a major problem.

Even though this is a ridiculously stupid rumor that likely isn't true.....Am I the only one that actually doesn't like it that much?

Iggy was broken down in the finals. He's 32 with 900+ games played. Two of the last 3 seasons he's only played in 65 or fewer regular season games.

Shump just turned 26 and is on a value contract. I know he gets dinged here and there but we need to hang on to our youth at all costs. We are absolutely strapped financially and the way we face dive is by trading young guys like Shump for old guys like Iggy.

Assuming Shump rebounds from his poor shooting season, I'd rather have him at $10 million per then having to re-sign Iggy at a bloated contract when he is on his last legs.

Is Iggy a better player today? Sure.....will he be in a year? Who knows. Keep the young guy who is already locked up. GSW is in cap hell, it would make absolutely ZERO sense to trade them a young, value player on a good contract when they face losing one of Livingston / Iggy due to cap hold issues.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."