• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mixed Martial Arts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I just Think they are mortgaging Their integrity by catering so much to conors wills and won'ts. Like, I get that Conor is making bank in the short term but they are losing the hardcore fan support they've so masterfully cultivated throughout the past 5-10 years, the guys who will actually watch your cards even if Conor isn't on them. This is part of what killed boxing; instead of maintaining and cultivating an entire healthy and competitive division, they put everything behind a few guys and the moment they either retire or leave for different reasons they are going to be in trouble.

Sent from yo momma using Tapatalk

What you've described is a classic issue facing pro wrestling as well.

UFC and WWE both are very much aware that they have a base of hardcore fans that have been supporting for 10+ years (20-30+ years in WWEs case). This is the type of fan that is gonna watch every TV show and every PPV and knows all the undercard fights/storylines etc.

Now... this group of fan is significantly more likely to vocally complain and bitch about the product for a variety of reasons, but they're also more likely to continue watching no matter the quality of what is being put in front of them.

On the other hand, the casual fan - ones that UFC and WWE are so desperate to get - isnt going to complain about the product, they're just going to turn it off and not watch it again.

The sad reality of becoming a diehard fan of anything is once they know you're hooked they no longer have to cater to you anymore, so they don't.

I buy every PPV with Conor McGregor's name on it. The same cannot be said for Jose Aldo. While he's a historically great fighter, he really needed to last longer than 13 seconds for the majority of fans to want a rematch.

Conor has moved on from 145 at the moment and it's something that Aldo's having trouble accepting. I don't think Aldo is done with UFC for good and I think Conor will eventually return, but for now the UFC is doing their job well.

Connor is legit the most prized fighter. This fookin' guy is amazing.

He has it all.

Connor is legit the most prized fighter. This fookin' guy is amazing.

He has it all.

Still think Lesnar is the biggest UFC prize draw of all time...McGregor is cashing in on a larger fanbase, thanks in large part to Lesnar.

But he has it all...accept for the ability to actually defend his titles...should have dropped the Featherweight belt a few months ago...

Still think Lesnar is the biggest UFC prize draw of all time...McGregor is cashing in on a larger fanbase, thanks in large part to Lesnar.

But he has it all...accept for the ability to actually defend his titles...should have dropped the Featherweight belt a few months ago...
It's amazing to me that they had an Interim Featherweight Title fight with Connor not even being inactive/hurt. They knew Connor would be fighting for the Lightweight Title a long ass time ago, they just got screwed by him losing to Diaz originally. Couldn't put him in this fight if he couldn't even beat a mid-level contender in the division.

Clevelands Stipe Miocic with another successful title defense! 1st round knockout. I think it's fair to put Miocic in the conversation as one of the greatest heavyweights in history as he ties the heavyweight record of two successful defenses. If Cain is ever healthy and fights Stipe I feel like that would most definitely put Stipe at the top of the list with a win.

Clevelands Stipe Miocic with another successful title defense! 1st round knockout. I think it's fair to put Miocic in the conversation as one of the greatest heavyweights in history as he ties the heavyweight record of two successful defenses. If Cain is ever healthy and fights Stipe I feel like that would most definitely put Stipe at the top of the list with a win.

Who knows what the situation will be for the next fight in terms of where they schedule it but I know he wanted to come back home again to defend the title if he won this fight. Would be going for the record of title defense for a HW like you said, so it would make sense if they decided to go that way scheduling the fight here and i'm sure it would be a mad house again

Sounds like he is in contract negotiations right now and is looking to get paid, so who knows what happens. Honestly, He needs to get PAID, 'cause the deal they got him on right now can't be very good and the guy is making them money right now. Notice how Dana tried to downplay the enormity of the fact that he just tied the defense record? Stipe has to get better compensated, it's a joke that the UFC can pay their fighters as little as they do.

Sounds like he is in contract negotiations right now and is looking to get paid, so who knows what happens. Honestly, He needs to get PAID, 'cause the deal they got him on right now can't be very good and the guy is making them money right now. Notice how Dana tried to downplay the enormity of the fact that he just tied the defense record? Stipe has to get better compensated, it's a joke that the UFC can pay their fighters as little as they do.
Agreed. The heavyweight champ should be making at least a couple million, Stipe will be lucky to get a quarter of a million.

It's one of the reasons why the fighters need to unionize. I know we bitch about the players association a bit in regards to the nba and the spoiled millionaires, but what UFC is doing is disgusting and it's what happens when no one has the fighters best interests in mind.

Ya, does Stipe still work as a firefighter?

Anyone practice mma?

Tonight was one of the best cards I have seen in a long time. 2 huge title fight upsets and GSP pulling off the win after a 4 year break. Awesome card!

It's one of the reasons why the fighters need to unionize. I know we bitch about the players association a bit in regards to the nba and the spoiled millionaires, but what UFC is doing is disgusting and it's what happens when no one has the fighters best interests in mind.
It's hard for me to get into a sport where even the top guys take on second jobs for supplemental income when the sport is raking in money.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."