• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

RCF Hoops Vets League 2023 - Draft Sunday, October 22 @ 8:00 pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
So 3% and A/TO ratio is gone? Well thanks for ruining my draft strategy.

Good thing I've got another 12 ready to go.

Yo! Tonight works for me. Sorry for not replying earlier.

So I don't have an email and when I try to go to the bookmark of the league it says I'm not in it

Draft is tonight - should I delay it a bit for you Keys - don't mind starting at 9 CST / 10 EST - even though that is late for East coast guys. Tough to move to Tues / Weds - as it is World Series nights. Many in CLE may not be available.

I modified the categories because some of those are just plain dumb. Wanted it to be an odd number to avoid ties - who cares about 3 point percentage, esp when you have 3 point makes. Assist to TO ratio - WGAFF (flying is the 4th F). FG percentage was close - but wanted an odd number. FT percentage is kept, as it can penalize some strong players (see: Drummond). TOs also a negative category. If you want 2 more categories added, no problem doing it. Don't believe it would impact drafting that much adding them though...

Chances are I miss more than half this draft, but I got a chance to pre-rank. Last time I autodrafted in this league I finished second to last... not a good sign.

So when does the season start? Tomorrow or next monday?

Got PF & C's for days.

Anyone got some 3pt or Asts they wanna trade my way for rebounds / blk etc? All PG/SG options considered.

Got PF & C's for days.

Anyone got some 3pt or Asts they wanna trade my way for rebounds / blk etc? All PG/SG options considered.

I will probably talk trade. I'm still wrapping my head around this autodrafted monstrosity.

We need someone to write up a draft recap.

Also I'm always open to trades. Always

So adding onto the draft recap - I walked around my neighborhood with my wife and two kids in a light drizzle for half an hour, sat down at a burger joint when the rain started, then finished another hour of trick or treating in the on again/off again rain.

All the while, I was thinking to myself "I need this to be over and done. Who cares that my baby looks adorable in his Cookie Monster costume, autodraft is bungholing me right now!"

By the time my kids were out of the wet costumes, the draft was over. It seems I have the market on point and combo guards cornered with just enough size to prevent benching point guards due to roster limits. I also have two of the best offensive rebounders in the NBA. If I punt blocks, it's an intriguing team, especially now that field goal percentage isn't a category.

That said, I have an open IR spot and could stand to flip a true PG for a quality big man. That sounds like a 2 for 2 trade. When the dust settles, feel free to drop me an offer. I didn't pick these guys, not a lot of personal connection to my roster.

Sucks because we had the draft on Monday night (due to World Series). Not sure if it would have included last week if we had drafted Sunday night...

I assumed when I set the draft it would be included - set the scoring to begin in week 2. I checked and see it defaulted to week 3 - assume it was due to the draft being at the beginning of that week....

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."