• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Addressing the hole at center

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
this season seems to be a renaissance for the center position and i am a bit worried for the lack of interior presence and shotblocking the cavs do not have.. the cavs need another mozgov and a band aid solution in birdman will not cut it.. the cavs for 3 games struggled against size giving up off rebounds and inside points.. i hope the front office makes another mozgov-like acquisition in the near future..

centers the cavs need to go through to:
det- drummond
atl- howard
ind- turner
tor- valanciunas
chi- lopez
mil- monroe
bos- horford

The development of Tristan and the aquisition of Frye makes this team totally different than the team that aquired Mozgov.

Our biggest hole remains backup PG. We could use another big man, but starter quality is not needed, just depth as a 4th/5th big.

this season seems to be a renaissance for the center position and i am a bit worried for the lack of interior presence and shotblocking the cavs do not have.. the cavs need another mozgov and a band aid solution in birdman will not cut it.. the cavs for 3 games struggled against size giving up off rebounds and inside points.. i hope the front office makes another mozgov-like acquisition in the near future..

det- drummond
atl- howard
ind- turner
tor- valanciunas
chi- lopez
mil- monroe
bos- horford

Haha...if those last 3 scare you, I don't know what to say...

Lopez won't factor in a series at all. Monroe is awful. Horford hasn't done shit vs the Cavs in 2 straight series'.

Also...little early to be talking about a "renaissance" for any one or any position...we aren't even a week into the season man...revisit this topic in January, February, or March.

det- drummond
atl- howard
ind- turner
tor- valanciunas
chi- lopez
mil- monroe
bos- horford

The only two bigs from that list that concern me are Valancunias and Turner. And we just beat Toronto with him logging 10 points/17 rebounds.

Turner is an athletic freak that can make his free throws. No team is going to have fun playing him. But thus far he hasn't shown he can beat you by himself.

Why aren't we even trying birdman

What caliber player could we get with mcrae and other assets

So... Willie Cauley-Stein.. what would it take? He's a 23 year old athletic true big aka everything we need.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-kings-open-to-dealing-willie-cauley-stein/

It would probably take the Cavs having to accept Gay or McLemore as well. The Kings are one team that could actually solve the Cavs problems at back up Point Guard and Center. Lawson, Collison and Farmar would each be a pretty good pick to come off the bench. Willie would be like having two Thompsons.

The Kings really have all the depth we need, if we got Gay, Cauley-Stein, and any of their backup PGs we would be set for three years of championship runs. But I just don't see where we have the assets to make that work. I mean, McRae, Dunleavey, Shumpert will only get you so far

The Kings really have all the depth we need, if we got Gay, Cauley-Stein, and any of their backup PGs we would be set for three years of championship runs. But I just don't see where we have the assets to make that work. I mean, McRae, Dunleavey, Shumpert will only get you so far
Those three mayyyy be enough to get you Rudy Gay. I don't see it, though. OKC offered Kanter+Cameron Payne for Gay this offseason, and it was about go down, but then Payne got injured. That deal is much better than what we are offering, and Gay looks like a borderline all-star right now, so I really don't see it.

Bogut on his way out somewhere...would be a great fit in CLE

Kyle O'Quinn is being shopped it looks like. Another guy who is a plus defender, great rebounder, and can eat minutes in the middle.

Reiterating that there are a handful of bigmen down in the dleague that can play 10mins for the cavs and have a defensive impact..

The cavs have an open roster spot.. A 10 day contract would not break bank..

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."