• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Draftkings/Fanduel Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Seriously, fuck the government and the lobbyists lining their pockets.

Seriously, fuck the government and the lobbyists lining their pockets.

I didn't understand why you were denial the past two months. Its online gambling, pure and simple. The question is whether or not websites that allow friends to "pay dues" amongst each other will now get categorized as gambling.

Laws against online gambling have been on the books for about four years. This was clearly going to happen, and soon.

I didn't understand why you were denial the past two months. Its online gambling, pure and simple. The question is whether or not websites that allow friends to "pay dues" amongst each other will now get categorized as gambling.

Laws against online gambling have been on the books for about four years. This was clearly going to happen, and soon.
I wouldn't say I was in denial, I was boned hard by this in online poker. I knew this was coming. I'm just fed up with the government trying to run every aspect of our lives. And really it's not even the governments fault. Its people being pissy, whiny babies about everything they hate. They give the government all the power. Our country's citizens are just to dumb to realize it and continue giving the government an inch and then the government takes a mile.

Took out most of my $ and left a little on there to mess around with, not taking any chances on losing my money.

I'll have to get the updated results after this week but it's looking like I'll cash in all but one or two of my last ~25 50/50s.

I forgot I had Rawls in my lineup in case Marshawn didn't play... bye bye $2. At least I won a different $2 50/50 to kind of make up for it.

I'm playing 16 quarter arcade (early only) teams... trying to switch up my strategies.

Anybody do any NBA daily? If so, any tips? I only have the overall knowledge of NFL players. I don't know enough sneaky good stat stuffing fringe players to do well in NBA, I don't think.

Anybody do any NBA daily? If so, any tips? I only have the overall knowledge of NFL players. I don't know enough sneaky good stat stuffing fringe players to do well in NBA, I don't think.
NBA is all about knowing which players aren't playing that night and who will be getting their minutes. Those are your cheap plays.

I've had very good success in NBA Fanduel the last 2 years. I tend to barf it all away after the season on MLB and NFL though, so I've walked away.

My most success came in entering multiple entries into $5 and $10 tournaments around a core set of guys I felt would be successful. The key is identifying low budget players, and then mixing and matching with studs so you get a winning formula. Identifying good value typically isn't that hard....back-up PG's who are going to absorb starting minutes, bench players inserted into starting line-up who can at a minimum get 7-8 boards and 10-12 points. It's all about tracking starting line-ups and finding guys who will see an uptick in minutes.

the other key for me was always tracking really bad NBA teams and identifying who can stuff the sheet. A good way to do this is find bad teams that are going against a "track meet" team. Finding uptempo games with lots of possessions (more opportunities for rebounds, assists, pts) is a good strategy as well. Taking multiple players on the cheap against a team like Houston often nets great value. Last year when the 76'ers were using an 8 man rotation and you could count on starters getting decent minutes, you could get their entire starting rotation for very cheap. So even though you know they are going to lose 120-90....that 90 points has to come from somewhere. I won a few grand on Jerami Grant, TJ McConnell, and Jahlil Okafor narrowly losing to Indiana Pacers one night. McConnell and Grant were straight bargains, Okafor was a mid-range player, and you could load up the roster elsewhere.

Last edited:
Kings-Sixers game delayed and apparently all players are locked and will receive zeroes? What a load of horse. I have Cousins in one lineup and Gay + Lawson in another. How is DraftKings supposed to deal with that?

Kings-Sixers game delayed and apparently all players are locked and will receive zeroes? What a load of horse. I have Cousins in one lineup and Gay + Lawson in another. How is DraftKings supposed to deal with that?

That's par for course on Fanduel....when a contest starts your players are locked. It can be devastating, or a boon depending on your line-up.

DraftKings tends to be more fair, as they let you sub guys out as long as their game hasn't started. In a delayed game, you could typically replace any guys on your roster as long as their were still more games to pick players from. If there aren't any other games to pick from, yes, you'd be stuck.

That's par for course on Fanduel....when a contest starts your players are locked. It can be devastating, or a boon depending on your line-up.

DraftKings tends to be more fair, as they let you sub guys out as long as their game hasn't started. In a delayed game, you could typically replace any guys on your roster as long as their were still more games to pick players from. If there aren't any other games to pick from, yes, you'd be stuck.

I know...just venting. DK actually changed this year and locks at the start of the first game. I am a fan of it as it allows you to enjoy the rest of the night. People who have dud players can't rearrange their lineup to try to make up for it. You don't have to be attached to a computer or phone and it is much more relaxing.

When you played, how often did you hit in tournaments? I've been keeping a log of all my conests and determined that if you can cash in a 50/50, you can likely cash in a tournament. I don't have a large enough bankroll such that I can throw away money attempting to take down tournaments though. I've started entering every one of my teams in a $1 tournament nightly to help build bankroll and in case I do have a monster night, I get some good winnings. The teams I usually make are full of guys that are consistent. I don't really take a lot of chances on players on the mid-tier guys who have 2 bad games, an average one, and then a huge one such as Zach LaVine or Eric Gordon. But I understand that you need to hit on these guys in order to take down a huge tourney. I'm also really good at identifying minimum players who have recently entered the rotation and have a knack for hitting on these guys. Like yesterday, I was all about Wayne Ellington, and now today, everyone is on Wayne Ellington. I feel like I am actually ahead of the curve because I follow the rest of the NBA so closely and have so much time on my hands to research.

I know...just venting. DK actually changed this year and locks at the start of the first game. I am a fan of it as it allows you to enjoy the rest of the night. People who have dud players can't rearrange their lineup to try to make up for it. You don't have to be attached to a computer or phone and it is much more relaxing.

When you played, how often did you hit in tournaments? I've been keeping a log of all my conests and determined that if you can cash in a 50/50, you can likely cash in a tournament. I don't have a large enough bankroll such that I can throw away money attempting to take down tournaments though. I've started entering every one of my teams in a $1 tournament nightly to help build bankroll and in case I do have a monster night, I get some good winnings. The teams I usually make are full of guys that are consistent. I don't really take a lot of chances on players on the mid-tier guys who have 2 bad games, an average one, and then a huge one such as Zach LaVine or Eric Gordon. But I understand that you need to hit on these guys in order to take down a huge tourney. I'm also really good at identifying minimum players who have recently entered the rotation and have a knack for hitting on these guys. Like yesterday, I was all about Wayne Ellington, and now today, everyone is on Wayne Ellington. I feel like I am actually ahead of the curve because I follow the rest of the NBA so closely and have so much time on my hands to research.

I'd enter 10-15 tournaments a night and normally hit in 3-4....my strategy was to win big enough with one of my entries to cover cost of other entries that don't hit. For a time I split my money between 50/50's and tournaments, but felt I was getting gamed in 50/50's. The biggest issue, IMO, with head to head and 50/50's is the sharks make a lot of money here, and they're playing with a different set of information/data. And they load up in those 50/50's and head to heads and just take down "joe-schmo" trying to minimize their risk.

To be honest, I felt like you get gamed in pretty much all contests but that's another story.

The strategy on $1 tournaments is sound, but I'd caution on one thing....you will cash more in $1 tournaments because many players enter absurd line-ups because they are willing to risk $1. As soon as you step up the dollar amount, the rosters become a bit more conservative. So you will have a much better chance of placing in a $1 tounramnet, while winning or placing very high is extremely difficult because the range of entries is exceptionally high. Winning or placing high in $5-$10 tournaments is actually easier because the entries are more narrow in terms of commonalities. However, IMO, placing in $5-$10 tournaments is harder. I hope this makes sense.....best way to state it is, in a $1 tournament, to place you need a lower score than in a $5 or $10 tourney. But the winner in a $1 tourney has a much higher score typically than the winner in a $5 or $10 tourney.

I will say, if you want any chance of success at all, you basically need to set an alarm on your phone for 10-15 minutes before first tip, and then jump on a quality news source like rotowire for up to date information. It's critical to know who is sitting vs. starting and often that information comes last minute. While I had a lot of success, it was very time consuming and really started wearing thin on the wife who didn't understand why I was so obsessive on my phone. God forbid I saw news one of my guys was resting and would not be playing....it was like a sprint to the bathroom to manage my rosters to not throw away $150 on the night.

I had the itch to look at line-ups in rotowire just now.....like last year, I rode Dallas to some good money on nights half their rotation was out. Carlisle is a good enough coach to keep games close, and when you know a guy will get 35 mins in his rotation, you know his counting stats will probably be solid. Looks like Salah Mejri or Dorian Finney-Smith could be great values with the minutes they will absorb. Memphis also looks ripe for the picking against Orlando, in a game they could very well keep close, and have very limited roster flexibility with so many guys out....JaMychal Green, Tony Allen, and Troy Williams are going to be busy dudes tonight.....and Andrew Harrison might be a must play at $3900

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."