• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game #18 -|- Cavaliers @ Bulls -|- December 2nd, 2016 @ 8:00 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We need a Rim Protector.

We need a sharpshooter at shooting guard.

We need Delly.

We need Mike Miller back to slap asses.

We need David Blatt to take the team bowling.

We need Delonte West to bring some KFC and raspberry iced tea.

We need Damon Jones to match Draymonds high leg kicks to rim protect.

We need Eric Snow's defense over screens.

We need Drew Gooden's duck tail to fashion up the team.

Does one of Shawn Kemp's kids rim protect?

Quite frankly some of you cannot handle a 82 game season.

I think it's safe to freak out after nearly 4 losses in a row looking like a terrible team on both ends. That's not an overreaction. Especially after looking like a top level team for two games before that. But going against above .500 teams since then has been a struggle.

We look like shit, no denying it. Seems the boys thought they could fuck around a bit and just turn it back on at will. Doesn't work like that. Love has completely lost his beast mode, Smith is slumping, no one seems to trust their 3 point shots, and defense is horrendous.

Having said that I'm not freaking out about it. What I'm not happy about thought is that we are the NBA champs and yet somehow only have 7 damn serviceable players on a 15 man roster with no injuries. To me that seems downright bizarre.

Plenty of time to fix all this shit though. I mean on one hand I'm set for life with the championship we have, on the other hand that doesn't mean I'll be thrilled to watch if this team can't live up to its potential of being great for at least a 2-3 year window that LeBron has.

Whelp, its a full blown pattern now. I am not one to come in here and proclaim the sky is falling after losing three consecutive games in Nov/Dec, but shit, it still stings and its showing some bad habits.

I cannot explain how this team went from consistently hot on offense and hustling on defense to allowing a team to beat you when you beat them, percentage wise, on field goals and the three ball. Where are their heads at? 20 turnovers for 18 points in Chicago's favor and 16 offensive boards for the Bulls is what did the Cavs in tonight. Not to even clog the paint to me is troublesome, they had 78 paint points with only 1 team block.

Granted, its a process and all but act professional. Take a page from Billups in the post game and show up and play, act like a champion. Right now, its all mental, it has to be. Stop ignoring the fundamentals of the game and get back to basics.

I won't lose much sleep over these losses but if they continue to show this lackidasical effort on both ends consistently, I will.

These threads are polluted with bullshit.
I've seen people discuss the current state of the team because we want them to succeed. Are we not supposed to do that or only pretend everything is perfect? Can people react to the games in the game threads? I've actually seen a lot of interesting valid points that make for good discussion. Of course people will be disappointed since we have been horrible lately. What do you want people to say in here? What do you expect? Could you give me a list of things I'm allowed to say so I can appease you. Because this comment is particularly constructive.

edit- And if it is particular posters, call them out directly then if you think it is worth it. I have an easy time just ignoring posts I think are dumb. It'd be great if every post in here was just perfect, but it is what it is. Game threads are reactionary. And I'm not sure comments like this make it better if you really care that much.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."