• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

WWE/NXT/AEW/NJPW Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
@Jack Brickman I've been thinking the same thing with Rusev. How is Enzo the good guy here? He flashed his wife, and then started clamoring about how she liked it. He sounds like a damn rapist.

And before that, Rusev was celebrating his marriage to Lana (I mean, who wouldn't be celebrating that?!?), and then Roman Reigns came out, insulted his wife and his manhood, then ruined his wedding cake and his bride's new dress.

This is one thing I really, really hate about wrestling. I hate that the WWE constantly goes with xenophobia as the main reason a heel is a heel. Rusev is kind of a dick, sure, but certainly no more of a dick than Roman Reigns, who constantly acts like an absolute prick and is sold as the good guy. The main reason Rusev is sold as the heel is because he's a foreigner. I get that the bulk of the average WWE live crowd isn't what you would call over-educated, but it gets on my nerves to see this kind of shit still in effect today.

I don't think the heel /face aspect is as important anymore.
however Owens showed once again why he is one of the best talents available. he managed to turn the crowd against him and root for reigns enthusiastically by the end of the match.

205 Live was terrific, felt much more like an Indy show.

Jack Gallagher is an absolute superstar, but his finisher is fucking lame as hell. He should be the face of the division because he's jaw dropping, almost to the degree of Sabre Jr

I'm concerned about Reigns winning the title and the WWE deciding to sidetrack Owens reclaiming the title with a Jericho vs Owens Feud.Not to mention Reigns holding two titles.

Finn Balor isn't expected back until April. so what do they do for Reigns for the next 5 months

lets take a look at raw overall
Special Event/ Legends - Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg ,(Big Show??)
Tier 1 - Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Finn Balor(Inactive)
Tier 2 Rusev, Shaemus, Cesaro , Braun Stroman, Sami Zayn, New Day, The Club, Cass and Enzo,
Tier 3 Titus O Neal, Goldust, R Truth, Sin Cara, Neville, Dareen young, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, epico, primo, Jinder mahal,

Just looking at the feud possibilities for Roman is just dismal.

sure you can have Lesnar Goldberg or Stroman win the rumble. setting u a possible Goldberg vs Lesnar for the title but Roman isn't gonna boost any tier 2 guys into tier 1.

Lets compare to Smackdown

Special Event/ Legends - Undertaker, Kane(more of a tool than anything else), Shane McMahon ,

Tier 1 - AJ, Styles, Ambrose w James Ellsworth,, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, John Cena (inactive),
Tier 2 Baron Corbin, The Miz, American Alpha, Dolph ziggler
Tier 3 - Rhyno and Slater, Usos, Jack Swagger ,Kalisto, Hype Bros, Luke Harper,
Tier 4 The Ascension, The Vaudevillians, Fandango, Curt Hawkins , Apollo Crews

It will be interesting seeing the big men Reigns, Stroman,Kane Corbin, Goldberg, and Lesnar all in the ring hopefully at the same time. hopefully Undertaker joins in too.

However Reigns winning at Roadblock would take him out of the equation.

205 Live was terrific, felt much more like an Indy show.

Jack Gallagher is an absolute superstar, but his finisher is fucking lame as hell. He should be the face of the division because he's jaw dropping, almost to the degree of Sabre Jr

I'm Indian and the Bollywood Boyz are lame as hell. Their dance moves are also really really bad.

I'm Indian and the Bollywood Boyz are lame as hell. Their dance moves are also really really bad.

Not Indian. They're terrible. How do they go over gulak, who is god

I hope 205 Live introduces Trios Titles. That would be fun.

Time for a TLC preview!

---

Chairs Match - Baron Corbin Vs. Kalisto

20161122_TLC_Match_corbinkalisto--2b93869e5966dc4d1f9ec6f06c25de17.jpg

I mean, does anyone care about this match? Corbin is just kind of a generic dickbag heel and Kalisto hasn't been important since he dropped the US Title months ago. Hell, Kalisto can't even lay claim to the best masked wrestler any more now that Gran Metalik is on the payroll. Corbin wins because he's the one with the seemingly upward trajectory.
Winner: Baron Corbin

---

No DQ Match - Nikki Bella Vs. Carmella

20161121_TLC_Match_nikkicarmella--33f23d676676e785826950046bc89063.jpg

Kind of sucks for these ladies that they have to follow the excellent No DQ match between Sasha and Charlotte on Raw Monday night. It's really a no-win situation, because neither of these two is as good a worker as Charlotte or Sasha (although Nikki is pretty good), so there's little chance this match will be anywhere near as good. I'm giving Nikki the nod here because she's the one banging Cena.
Winner: Nikki Bella

---

Rhyno and Heath Slater (c) Vs. Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton for the Smackdown Tag Titles

20161129_TLC_Match_Tagteam--41bf421de93e2d5ef368bacb9b8425f3.jpg

Sadly, I think the fun reign of Slater and Rhyno as the tag champs ends tomorrow, although maybe Slater ends up vying for the IC championship after this or something as he's still over as hell. The division is obviously setting itself up for American Alpha to eventually take the titles, and they get a much bigger rub from beating Wyatt and Orton.
Winner: Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton

---

Table Match - Becky Lynch (c) Vs. Alexa Bliss for the Smackdown Women's Championship
20161122_TLC_Match_BeckyAlexa--ce6c21e8e8e56505c0b14acf2b5a8d04.jpg

This should be a fun match. I really wish they had gone all out, though, and let these two have themselves an actual ladder match, which would have allowed Smackdown to provide a "first" for the women's revolution instead of watching Raw continue to do so. I figured going into this that Becky was a lock to win and hold on to the title, but the betting odds just shifted drastically and she's now the underdog. I thought about picking Bliss based on that, but it's hard for me to see all four title matches being won by heels on the same show.
Winner: Becky Lynch

---

Ladder Match - The Miz (c) Vs. Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Championship
20161122_TLC_Match_MizZiggler--8f834b39444bd651e865d034c910343f.jpg

I'm just kind of over this feud at this point. It feels like they've been feuding forever. And while I like the decision to have Miz take back the title (he's been fantastic with it), this feud really should have ended with the Ziggler retirement match. Still, this match at least has a pretty high ceiling, as these guys work well together. Giving the title back to Ziggler makes little sense (why have him lose it back to begin with?), so I'm going with Miz.
Winner: The Miz

---

TLC Match - AJ Styles (c) Vs. Dean Ambrose for the WWE World Championship
20161115_TLC_Match_StylesAmbrose--786cdbdf6544931d235f19611cc5b586.jpg

This is another feud I'm really ready to see in the rear view. I've generally soured on Ambrose as a performer (he's fine on the mic, but I find him boring as fuck in the ring), although the stipulation here should at least make this one more interesting. My guess is that Ellsworth turns heel and helps AJ win, or at least inadvertently costs Ambrose the match, leading to a mini-feud between the two while AJ moves on to someone else (although I have no idea who).
Winner: AJ Styles

Odds are heavily with Bliss now. Makes sense, they've built her up pretty well, but it's tough to get over as a heel if you don't beat the face at some point. The Raw women get the publicity, but the Smackdown women have been booked much better. Becky Lynch is legit, and she'll remain legit even after this title loss.

I'm hoping we just see Styles win cleanly over Ambrose, like he did in his final singles match against Cena. After that Styles can move on to Undertaker at the Rumble, and either Samoa Joe or Cena after that.

Odds are heavily with Bliss now. Makes sense, they've built her up pretty well, but it's tough to get over as a heel if you don't beat the face at some point. The Raw women get the publicity, but the Smackdown women have been booked much better. Becky Lynch is legit, and she'll remain legit even after this title loss.

I'm hoping we just see Styles win cleanly over Ambrose, like he did in his final singles match against Cena. After that Styles can move on to Undertaker at the Rumble, and either Samoa Joe or Cena after that.

I'm still holding out hope that WWE backs up the Brinks truck for Shawn Michaels to come out of retirement at the Rumble to challenge AJ for his championship. That, to me, would be a hell of a lot more interesting than Styles/Taker at this point in Taker's career.

Just have Styles come to the ring on Tuesday and go on and on about how he's beaten everyone and there's no one worthy of challenging him for the title, then Michaels' music hits. Would be great, and that's the kind of dream match-up that would really bring in eyeballs in a way I just don't think Taker/Styles would right now.

This show tonight might suck.

Unless they entertain us with props and holy shit moments, but the writing is on the wall with tonight's card.

I'm so sick of Miz it's not even funny. I didn't like the cornflake back when he was hosting the diva search with his stupid lines.

Last edited:
Only way this miz/Dolph rivalry ends if Miz gets sent to Raw.

Chairs match was surprisingly entertaining

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."