• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Diet and Workout Routines

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
wrong thread, please delete..

So sore.

Shoes were shit. Literally slide four feet on a stop, it was bullshit. Couldn't do anything on defense because of it.

6/8 from field, 1/3 from long range. I went away from my mechanics and I'm paying for it. Have no consistency on form, was lucky to hit the one. Like he second set of games I've ever produced a good amount of the offense for my team, ever

I need shoes yo. The floor also sucked, everyone was complaining. My opponent was complaining he couldn't drive because there's no traction. Bball on ice

Still trying to find my role. I can push around 99% of the floor at any time, I have an inconsistent shot, I have a quick first step but not confident dribbling.. excel at passing and court vision.. standing reach is awful. I might as well be 5'6. But I play smart, look at opponent dribbling tendencies, good at communication on defense and quick enough to stay on front of 2-4, good at boxing out but have no reach

Last edited:
So sore.

Shoes were shit. Literally slide four feet on a stop, it was bullshit. Couldn't do anything on defense because of it.

5/7 from field, 1/3 from long range. I went away from my mechanics and I'm paying for it. Have no consistency on form, was lucky to hit the one.

I need shoes yo. The floor also sucked, everyone was complaining. My opponent was complaining he couldn't drive because there's no traction. Bball on ice

probs more the court than the shoes, i cant imagine a $60+ Nike or Adidas would be that bad on a normal floor.. plus a dusty court is basically an ice rink in my experience lol

probs more the court than the shoes, i cant imagine a $60+ Nike or Adidas would be that bad on a normal floor.. plus a dusty court is basically an ice rink in my experience lol

I mean I play in 20$ shoes, my converse have three times the traction but I can only play one game before I can't walk anymore.

I'm trying hair spray on these bitches, soda, etc

So sore.

6/8 from field, 1/3 from long range. I went away from my mechanics and I'm paying for it. Have no consistency on form, was lucky to hit the one. Like he second set of games I've ever produced a good amount of the offense for my team, ever

Still trying to find my role. I can push around 99% of the floor at any time, I have an inconsistent shot, I have a quick first step but not confident dribbling.. excel at passing and court vision.. standing reach is awful. I might as well be 5'6. But I play smart, look at opponent dribbling tendencies, good at communication on defense and quick enough to stay on front of 2-4, good at boxing out but have no reach

Dusty floors suck. I remember every now and then playing on dusty floors and I'd have to wipe the bottom of my shoes constantly.

I haven't played pickup ball in a couple years. Haven't done so consistently for about 7 years. All I will say is that I wish I was as good at basketball senior year of high school as I was freshman year of college... would have probably been able to go to state in high school (smallest division). I couldn't shoot for shit in high school, but could suddenly shoot in college, probably not having a coach trying to tell me how to shoot and just doing it naturally helped.

Dusty floors suck. I remember every now and then playing on dusty floors and I'd have to wipe the bottom of my shoes constantly.

I haven't played pickup ball in a couple years. Haven't done so consistently for about 7 years. All I will say is that I wish I was as good at basketball senior year of high school as I was freshman year of college... would have probably been able to go to state in high school (smallest division). I couldn't shoot for shit in high school, but could suddenly shoot in college, probably not having a coach trying to tell me how to shoot and just doing it naturally helped.
My dad only knew baseball.. was great at it, but only so much you can learn. Football too. All star at both.

Wish I went the bball route. Much more fun, much more you can improve on. Smarter game. More plays and more control over each

Reactions: Zog
Anyone here ever play hockey eh? A couple guys I work with play in a hockey league and are trying to get me to play. Looks like fun but I know very little when it comes to hockey. I know the Chiller in Columbus offers some instructional classes, etc...

Anyone here ever play hockey eh? A couple guys I work with play in a hockey league and are trying to get me to play. Looks like fun but I know very little when it comes to hockey. I know the Chiller in Columbus offers some instructional classes, etc...

Gave you a "Like" cause you threw in that "eh?" at the end.

Ice or Roller? A friend of mine plays roller hockey down here in Cbus with some work friends and he's pretty beat afterwards and he's one of those Crossfit guys. A real one, that is in actual shape, not a "I sign up for Crossfit to look cool on Facebook and do workouts named after The Muppets". So I would recommend it if you can find a league down here.

I used to play for 7 or so years, but now I don't have any of the gear and don't see myself paying $200+ or however much it is to get all that shit again. Plus I am just to busy.

Gave you a "Like" cause you threw in that "eh?" at the end.

Ice or Roller? A friend of mine plays roller hockey down here in Cbus with some work friends and he's pretty beat afterwards and he's one of those Crossfit guys. A real one, that is in actual shape, not a "I sign up for Crossfit to look cool on Facebook and do workouts named after The Muppets". So I would recommend it if you can find a league down here.

I used to play for 7 or so years, but now I don't have any of the gear and don't see myself paying $200+ or however much it is to get all that shit again. Plus I am just to busy.

Ice for sure. A bunch of people I work with play in a beer league 1 night/week pretty much year round at one of the Chillers down here. Ill probably give it a go and see what happens... Yeah the cost of equipment is crazy. Hoping play it again sports will have some stuff....

Just saw there is a pair of skates going for 950$!! WTF. Those bitches better be rocket propelled or something before spending that kinda $$$

Ice for sure. A bunch of people I work with play in a beer league 1 night/week pretty much year round at one of the Chillers down here. Ill probably give it a go and see what happens... Yeah the cost of equipment is crazy. Hoping play it again sports will have some stuff....

Just saw there is a pair of skates going for 950$!! WTF. Those bitches better be rocket propelled or something before spending that kinda $$$

craigslist should have tons of hockey gear from people who wanted to join a beer league then realized that skating kicks your ass lol. my buddies last year wanted to start up some pond hockey and the last time i skated was on some bullshit 30+ year old rental skates and i about had a heart attack when i saw how much decent skates were haha

craigslist should have tons of hockey gear from people who wanted to join a beer league then realized that skating kicks your ass lol. my buddies last year wanted to start up some pond hockey and the last time i skated was on some bullshit 30+ year old rental skates and i about had a heart attack when i saw how much decent skates were haha

Yeah. I think OSU has a shop attached to their practice rink where they sell unused gear for their team at wholesale. Gotta check those out.... maybe I could score one of their helmets :fingersx:

Working out 5x/week but I am "bloated" all week b/c of ALL THE FOOD at home and at work!

Christmas is great.

Couldn't hit a shot to save my life today, three on three.

Probably 3/12, maybe worse.

Defense was stellar.

Had to guard my dude, who wasn't particularly good at either driving or shooting but was a threat at both, and pick up on a 6 foot 9 guy that would call a foul every possession.

Too tired to drive. Way out of shape. Down fifteen pounds or so due to finals

So I hate sales people and I need basketball shoes.

I'm not planning on trying out for the NBA any time soon and don't need a 150$ shoe.I just want to be able to play at the rec and be able to stop without sliding, and for an hour or so at a time without needing to ice my feet

I want something that has good grip for indoor games and feels comfortable. I wear 11.5 street shoes.

Any suggestions? Opinions on low vs high top?

High top always. It's either you want the ankle support or be lighter on your feet but without the support. I wear Lbj 13s. They're great but really heavy. I see alot of guys wear John wall Adidas. They're a lighter Hightop and only about 70$ I think. The best thing you can do is go to a shoe store and just look around. You'll figure it out.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."