• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2016 College Football Season/Playoff Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
My predictions

Peach Bowl - Bama vs Washington
Fiesta Bowl - OSU vs Clemson (couldn't care in the slightest who is #2 and who is #3)

Rose - PSU vs Colorado
Sugar - Oklahoma vs Auburn
Orange - Michigan vs FSU (I'd put Louisville here, but committee will go FSU)
Cotton - Wisconsin vs WMU

No idea...committee is weird...can see them flipping them just because 1 team was idle.

No chance in hell OSU falls to 4, so I can see a flip-flop happening, if the conference championship bumps them equal with us in their eyes.

And it shouldn't matter to anyone, it would just change uniforms worn and sideline/fan placement in the stadium.

My prediction would be they drop.

Bama / Clemson
OSU / UW

I don't buy the PSU stuff or that a conference title against a crap Va Tech team, in less than impressive fashion, would do anything for them.

Guess we'll see.

I just don't know how you put them in. They're clearly not one of the best 4 teams IMO.

Washington is going to go. They blasted the #8 team in the CFP rankings and are 12-1. I just don't see them being bumped out.

Ultimately, that ugly loss against Michigan will keep PSU out IMO.

I agree with this....but CFB as a whole, benefits when teams go out and scheduled great OOC games. The only thing that keeps U-dub out is the committee coming out and crushing that OOC schedule and telling them to man-up.

Again, I won't be surprised either way.....but from a business perspective, both short term and long term, putting PSU in makes a lot of sense. CFB stands to make A LOT of money by sending a message about shitty OOC games that don't generate public interest, and short term, PSU has a much larger alumni base and attract more eye balls.

Washington may of fucked themselves by scheduling Portland State instead of Rutherz, Iowa State, or Army.......fuck, they messed up with that game.

Yes, that would exactly be it. Strange that scheduling better competition and winning makes you a better team. Crazy, I know.

Here is Washington's non-conference: Rutgers (the worst power five school over the course of like the last 100 years, and I'm not exaggerating), Idaho, and Eastern Washington.

So, yea, scheduling Auburn, and no one else, is better than that.

As far as Oklahoma goes, you're completely dodging my point about rewarding weak schedules, but that's nothing new.
Yet Colorado scheduled Michigan lost and got owned by Washington in the championship game.

You dont pick the four best teams with the best schedule. your aim is to pick the 4 best teams.

Do you really think Clemson is better than Washington ... I dont

If Oklahoma had beaten Houston. They would be ranked 2nd or 3rd but they didn't.

As long as Conferences continues to use head to head as the sole determination for conference game record tiebreakers then your gonna have teams get into the playoffs over the conference champs from time to time. that's bot a mandate to also include the conferences champion as well.

As far as Washington not putting anyone on their schedule. They were 7-6 last season 8-6 the year before. . barely bowl eligible.
They current have Auburn and Michigan as well as BYU on their future schedules.

But they've looked at it the whole year. They looked at it last week when they chose to rank Washington ahead of Penn State.....so that doesn't make any sense at all.

This is how it's supposed to work. Each week they rank the teams based on their body of work to that point. The changes to their bodies of work from last week were a Washington win over #8 by 31, and Penn State win over #6 by 7, and one of Penn State's nonconference wins won the AAC. Is that enough to put Penn State ahead of Washington? I highly doubt it.

As far as Washington not putting anyone on their schedule. They were 7-6 last season 8-6 the year before. . barely bowl eligible.
They current have Auburn and Michigan as well as BYU on their future schedules.

Neat. I have no earthly idea what this has to do with them getting in this year.

I also don't know what your point is with Oklahoma other than totally missing mine on purpose. I don't care about Oklahoma. I care about rewarding teams for shitty schedules. Your entire argument for Washington is, as you said earlier, based on the fact they have 1 loss and are conference champions.

Well, had Oklahoma just scheduled Portland State instead of Ohio State, they, too, would have 1 loss and be conference champs.

That's the precedent you set by including Washington in the top 4.

Stop talking about Houston beating Oklahoma. I don't care about Houston. That game means nothing.

EDIT: I'd also like to say that losing at home, by double digits, is a big no no in my opinion. Particularly to a 3 loss team and even more particularly when you play a junk schedule.

Let me ask you, since you seem, I think, to be going by solely the eye-test. Do you really, truly think Washington is better than USC?

Last edited:
My predictions

Fiesta Bowl - OSU vs Clemson (couldn't care in the slightest who is #2 and who is #3)

Rose - PSU vs Colorado

I'm pretty sure USC will be ranked ahead of Colorado tomorrow, and therefore in the Rose Bowl.

My predictions

Rose - PSU vs Colorado

How does the Rose Bowl select now? Do they have to take the runner-up, or is it by rankings? If it's by rankings, I think USC will pass Colorado in the final poll.

Neat. I have no earthly idea what this has to do with them getting in this year.

I also don't know what your point is with Oklahoma other than totally missing mine on purpose. I don't care about Oklahoma. I care about rewarding teams for shitty schedules. Your entire argument for Washington is, as you said earlier, based on the fact they have 1 loss and are conference champions.

Well, had Oklahoma just scheduled Portland State instead of Ohio State, they, too, would have 1 loss and be conference champs.

That's the precedent you set by including Washington in the top 4.

Stop talking about Houston beating Oklahoma. I don't care about Houston. That game means nothing.
They aren't being rewarded for a weak non conference schedule. they are being rewarded for being an elite team.

stuff like 7 out of 10 conference games won by more than 3 touchdowns . and 3-1 against the committees latest top 25 .

How does the Rose Bowl select now? Do they have to take the runner-up, or is it by rankings? If it's by rankings, I think USC will pass Colorado in the final poll.

Rose Bowl chairman Scott Jenkins offered clarity, albeit only slightly, on the criteria with which the committee will make its selection, per Heather Dinich of ESPN.com.

"The strong presumption is that we're going to go with the highest-ranked team that's available to us," Jenkins said. "Only in extraordinary situations will we deviate from that presumption."

My Predictions.
Rose Bowl
: Big Ten (Michigan) vs. Pac-12,(USC)
Sugar Bowl: SEC (Florida)vs. Big 12,(Oklahoma)
Orange Bowl: ACC team( Florida State),– vs. the Big Ten, Big 12 or SEC.(Penn state)
Cotton Bowl: The highest-ranked Group of Five champion (American Athletic, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West or Sun Belt) WMU vs. the top-ranked team left ( Oklahoma state- Colorado or Wisconsin depending on final rankings.

Michigan has a very small chance of getting into the playoff over either Clemson or Washington. I really doubt this happens but if it did.
Then you would have Penn State in the Rose presumably against Washington.

My Predictions.
Rose Bowl
: Big Ten (Michigan) vs. Pac-12,(USC)
Sugar Bowl: SEC (Florida)vs. Big 12,(Oklahoma)
Orange Bowl: ACC team( Florida State),– vs. the Big Ten, Big 12 or SEC.(Penn state)
Cotton Bowl: The highest-ranked Group of Five champion (American Athletic, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West or Sun Belt) WMU vs. the top-ranked team left ( Oklahoma state- Colorado or Wisconsin depending on final rankings.

Michigan has a very small chance of getting into the playoff over either Clemson or Washington. I really doubt this happens but if it did.
Then you would have Penn State in the Rose presumably against Washington.
If PSU doesn't make the CFP, Rose Bowl must pick them.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."