• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Post Draft advice-Fantasy Football

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
When you decided to start the Dolphins defense in a pivotal week thirteen fantasy match-up:

ulfbyE.gif

I did that but luckily I came out on top and still get a bye.

So I have the top playoff spot locked up, and this week's games will impact who I play in the first round of the playoffs (only 4 teams make it). If the guy I'm playing (team 1) beats me, I play him again next week. If another team wins their game(team 2) and I win, I play team 2. That other team will be tougher to beat next week, so do I put in a lesser but legal lineup to try to ensure that I don't play team 2? Is there anything shady to that?

Depressed I had a first round bye.

No Julio, lost Melvin Gordon, and BELL got me 49.8... I still would have beaten every single person.

Who would you start? 2 rbis. 2 wr. flex. Amari cooper vs SD. --t.y. hilton vs Minn.--Diggs vs Indy. Allen Robinson vs Hou?

Standard. no ppr.

Okay, rbs...Hyde vs atLanta. rawls vs rams. ajayi vs jets. and Dixon vs philly. I'm a little torn. got an idea but would like to hear others thoughts. thanks

Depressed I had a first round bye.

No Julio, lost Melvin Gordon, and BELL got me 49.8... I still would have beaten every single person.

I am in the same exact boat with those guys. I think Julio is likely to play but i can't afford for him to be used as a decoy. If they get up quickly against SF, he likely won't see much action either. FWIW, it's now being called a toe sprain vs. turf toe. Not sure what the difference is there. Any arm-chair doctors, feel free to enlighten me.

Luckily I also have Tyrell Williams so if Gordon doesn't play, I'd expect Rivers to be throwing the ball all over the place. I currently have him starting over Julio.

This coupled with relying on Russell Wilson to have a good Thursday night game has me worried.

Random question: Now that Adrian Peterson is designated to return from IR, does anyone think that he'll play this fantasy season? There's 2 weeks left and he's practicing today.

Random question: Now that Adrian Peterson is designated to return from IR, does anyone think that he'll play this fantasy season? There's 2 weeks left and he's practicing today.

Put him on my bench just so he can't beat me with some BS the next two weeks. I know Minny's O-line play is atrocious this year so i wouldn't expect him to contribute much regardless.

Put him on my bench just so he can't beat me with some BS the next two weeks. I know Minny's O-line play is atrocious this year so i wouldn't expect him to contribute much regardless.
He was worthless when healthy this year. He's fool's gold, IMO.

I have a couple dilemmas going into this week. Somehow, I've lucked into the semis.

Standard...

I need 2 WR out of

Sammy Watkins
AJ Green
Alshon Jeffery
Michael Thomas
DeSean Jackson

Right now, I'm rolling with DJax and Sammy.

Also, between Jameis and Tyrod, I'm going back n forth. 6 pts per TD and -5 for INT. I was loving the Tyrod vs Browns matchup, but now seeing weather that may make the passing game more difficult.

Thanks...I'll hang up and listen.

I have a couple dilemmas going into this week. Somehow, I've lucked into the semis.

Standard...

I need 2 WR out of

Sammy Watkins
AJ Green
Alshon Jeffery
Michael Thomas
DeSean Jackson

Right now, I'm rolling with DJax and Sammy.

Also, between Jameis and Tyrod, I'm going back n forth. 6 pts per TD and -5 for INT. I was loving the Tyrod vs Browns matchup, but now seeing weather that may make the passing game more difficult.

Thanks...I'll hang up and listen.

Browns have one of the worst rushing defenses in the league. I'd expect Buffalo to supply a hefty load for Shady and Gillislee....wouldn't surprise me to see Gill get 10+ touches in this as well if the weather forecast holds out. I have him and Shady both on my team and Gill has proven to be a capable back when his workload increases...somehow the Browns are actually giving up less YPG than Dallas as well, don't ask me how. I would probably roll with Jameis.

If The Bills do roll out a 35+ run game plan, you're hurting yourself by starting both Taylor and Watkins...i'd try and spread the potential points out b/w two games. The Bucs are fighting for a playoff berth.

Curious if anyone does any sort of hybrid W/L system. i.e., you get a win or a loss for winning your head to head matchup, you also get a win or a loss for being in the top or bottom half of the league for scoring.

I had the worst luck this year... one league I have only 13.5 fewer points than the league leader (who is 13-1) and have the second most points scored. The third place in terms of points has over 53 fewer points than me, there's someone in the playoffs with 148 fewer points than me. Yet I'm 5-9 and out of the playoffs because I've had easily the most points scored against, 1506; there is only one other player who even has over 1400 points scored against them, SMH.

IMO Peterson is done.

His days of being fantasy relevant are over

Start Big Ben @ Cincy or Luck @ Minnesota?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."