• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Nerlens Noel on the block

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

billmac91

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Too many front-court players to get them all minutes. Noel has fallen out of rotation and is now likely to be traded.

Not sure what it would take or if we have enough in assets, but would be a helluva add. Fantastic defender and shot blocker. Would give Cavs the ability to have a Tristan Thompson-esque defender on court at all times (a big who can switch at top of key and maintain solid man to man defense). The 76ers almost upset GSW a couple times last year in regular season largely based on his ability to play pick and roll defense.

I think he'd be an excellent addition and a great asset against a team like GSW. You just don't find many guys his size that can literally guard 3/4 positions on court. It's great versatility and athleticism behind Kyrie and LeBron.

If he's not happy with 8 minutes in Philly, I doubt he'll be all that happy about 10-15 minutes here.

Gsw can possibly trade klay for noel.. Having a defensive center with all the weapons the warriors have is a scary proposition.. I dont know what the cavs have in order to get philly to take a glance..

Gsw can possibly trade klay for noel.. Having a defensive center with all the weapons the warriors have is a scary proposition.. I dont know what the cavs have in order to get philly to take a glance..

I'd love it if the Warriors traded Klay for Noel. I'd laugh my ass off as we cruise to our 2nd straight title.

Noel's stock certainly isn't worth Klay... unless GS gets a top 3 protected pick back or something.

Philly is driving that value into the ground. Noel will always be a talented but injury riddled big man.

I'd love it if the Warriors traded Klay for Noel. I'd laugh my ass off as we cruise to our 2nd straight title.

I don't get it. Why are so many people enamored with the idea of trading far superior talent for way less talent just for "fit." Good lordo.

Has to be a joke?

I don't get it. Why are so many people enamored with the idea of trading far superior talent for way less talent just for "fit." Good lordo.

What the makes the Warriors so tough, is that they are literally unguardable at times. I welcome any additions to that team that makes them easier to defend. I loved when they signed Zaza, and David West, and brought back Andy. I'd love it even more if they dealt one of the best shooters in the world for an easy to guard defensive big man.

Hopefully they'll trade Steph Curry for Dwight Howard after the Klay for Noel blockbuster.

I think a lot of people on this board just massively undervalue Klay

I think a lot of people on this board just massively undervalue Klay

This is true. There used to be a strong contingent of Cavs fans convinced that Dion Waiters was better than Klay (among others)

1. Klay for Noel is absurd....

2. Philly has really done themselves a disservice by hammering Noel's value....I'm not even sure what the market is for him right now...? Late first maybe?

I'd trade Shumpert and a future pick for him.....I just don't know what the 76ers are realistically looking to get back. And I'm not sure what other teams are willing to part with at this point.

But in today's NBA, where high ball screen and spacing are critical to the offense, having a big like Noel who can move his feet, with his type of length is a huge asset. I still think Nerlens has a lot of good basketball in front of him, and in the right situation (a team much better than Philly) he can add a lot of value to a team.

1. Klay for Noel is absurd....

2. Philly has really done themselves a disservice by hammering Noel's value....I'm not even sure what the market is for him right now...? Late first maybe?

I'd trade Shumpert and a future pick for him.....I just don't know what the 76ers are realistically looking to get back. And I'm not sure what other teams are willing to part with at this point.

But in today's NBA, where high ball screen and spacing are critical to the offense, having a big like Noel who can move his feet, with his type of length is a huge asset. I still think Nerlens has a lot of good basketball in front of him, and in the right situation (a team much better than Philly) he can add a lot of value to a team.
Shumpert + a 1st is a bad move for us. Im not sure why people want to move one of our better defenders, who is currently handling the ball quite a bit and actually shooting very well. Every other wing player we have outside of LBJ & JR is practically a corpse. Why would you want to hurt yourself there to add a 4th big? That makes zero sense for a contending team who will be matching up with GS.

Noel would be nice to have, but not worth giving up any of our core players.

Maybe Cedi and a pick?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."