• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
While I respect the original for being groundbreaking in a lot of ways, as well as having a great score, I also thought it was boring as hell.

Wow, really?

Blade Runner is easily in my top 5 films of all time. Very interested as to why you felt it was boring?

Wow, really?

Blade Runner is easily in my top 5 films of all time. Very interested as to why you felt it was boring?
Been a while since I've seen it, so hard to remember specifics. I remember nothing happening until the final fight and "tears in rain" speech. I do remember really liking the score. I just remember it being really slow until the end.

Also, I've read that which version you watch can determine how much you like the film. Some cuts are alot better. I've chalked it up to watching the "bad cut". I am sure I'll watch it again before the sequel comes out.

Been a while since I've seen it, so hard to remember specifics. I remember nothing happening until the final fight and "tears in rain" speech. I do remember really liking the score. I just remember it being really slow until the end.

Really? Hmm...

I guess this depends on what kinds of movies you like. To me, Blade Runner is a movie that is filled to the brim with content, it's just not action.. It's a contemplative film, it's a very deep film..

Honestly, it's.. one of the best films ever made. There's also quite a few action scenes, and several replicants get killed by Deckard so, as I recall, there's about 5-6 different scenes of Deckard in trouble, and about 3 action scenes without him.

It's not an action movie though..

Also, I've read that which version you watch. Some cuts are alot better. I've chalked it up to watching the "bad cut". I am sure I'll watch it again before the sequel comes out.

I wonder... I think, if you felt nothing happened, then you actually watched the "good" cut; which would be the Director's Cut.

The original theatrical version has Harrison Ford narrating the movie. It's shorter, IIRC, and there are FAR fewer moments of silence in the movie as Ford is talking to the audience throughout. The theatrical version also has a happy ending and is much more explicit in conveying the message of the film. This version though is not canon as there is a critical difference leading up to the sequel.

The director's cut is very different. It's longer, and I think half or more than half of the film is almost entirely just the score. There is no narration whatsoever, and the movie is edited differently. The ending is ambiguous and almost a downer but it's canon.

I personally like BOTH cuts, I look at them as alternate realities of the same movie. One is a detective movie (the theatrical version); the other is a philosophical movie set to music. They're completely different, but both are great.

I wonder... I think, if you felt nothing happened, then you actually watched the "good" cut; which would be the Director's Cut.

The original theatrical version has Harrison Ford narrating the movie. It's shorter, IIRC, and there are FAR fewer moments of silence in the movie as Ford is talking to the audience throughout. The theatrical version also has a happy ending and is much more explicit in conveying the message of the film. This version though is not canon as there is a critical difference leading up to the sequel.

The director's cut is very different. It's longer, and I think half or more than half of the film is almost entirely just the score. There is no narration whatsoever, and the movie is edited differently. The ending is ambiguous and almost a downer but it's canon.

I personally like BOTH cuts, I look at them as alternate realities of the same movie. One is a detective movie (the theatrical version); the other is a philosophical movie set to music. They're completely different, but both are great.
I'll definitely got the directors cut, then. I will check out the shorter version.

I'll definitely got the directors cut, then. I will check out the shorter version.

For an understanding as to the different narratives of the film:

Read this if you don't care about spoiling the ending (or already know what 99% of everyone already knows):
In the theatrical cut, Deckard is simply a detective. It's done in a cyber-punk take on noir, but, that's pretty much it. He's on the outside looking in at a world he doesn't understand yet is asked to judge. He'd rather not be doing this, but, if he's not a cop -- he's little people.. Which, in this world, could mean you're essentially in the shitter.

In the director's cut, Deckard is not just a detective. Everything and everyone around him knows more than he does. He suspects something is very wrong with his life, and he has memories of his earlier years that seem very distant to him - he's also having a recurring dream of a unicorn that he can't explain for the life of him. He meets a woman named Rachel who he identifies as a replicant, yet, he not only finds her attractive but finds something about her that's familiar. He eventually realizes, and this is confirmed, that he is a replicant himself. He's no longer on the outside looking in, but very much on the inside looking out -- now on the run, in fear of his own life as well as her's.

This is why the director's cut removes the narration and is cut so differently; because these are really two different movies, with two different stories. They share plot points, but, they're quite dissimilar.

Assassins Creed: 0.0/10.0

Stupid garbage.

Wow, really?

When I first saw Blade Runner as a kid it bored the shit out of me. Liked it a lot better when I rewatched it as an adult, and I bought that Blu-Ray set that has like four or five different cuts of the film that really helps you appreciate it.

Assassins Creed: 0.0/10.0

Stupid garbage.
I give it about a 5/10. And that is because I love the video game franchise and there were a ton of cool call backs to the games.

As a movie on it's own I give it about a 2.5. Fight scenes were well shot... and that's about it.

I've been on a tear in a particular direction..

Favorites lately:

Snowden
Jfk
Frost Nixon
All the president's men

Rogue One - 9/10. Only prior SW movie I'd definitely put above it is ESB. It was very much an un-Ewoks movie.

Really thought the male lead was exceptionally good at setting the correct tone for the movie.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."