• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mike Dunleavy Duck Hunt

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You can run a few plays though him because he is s good passer and is smart when it comes to passing choices but back-up PG is a horrible shout.

Dunleavy has held his own defensively.

Opponents are shooting 4.6% worse against him than against all others. Opponents are shooting 3.4% worse on threes against him than against everyone else.

• He's top 36% in defending spot up shooters.
  • He's allowing .2 points per possession in ISO defense, top 1% in the league.
He's always been a good defender--I thought that might drop off more but his shooting remain, but it's been his shooting that has, but that, too, has began to rebound a bit.

Dunleavy has held his own defensively.

Opponents are shooting 4.6% worse against him than against all others. Opponents are shooting 3.4% worse on threes against him than against everyone else.

• He's top 36% in defending spot up shooters.
  • He's allowing .2 points per possession in ISO defense, top 1% in the league.
He's always been a good defender--I thought that might drop off more but his shooting remain, but it's been his shooting that has, but that, too, has began to rebound a bit.
I noticed this last night. His D was outstanding. He still does not seem comfortable in the flow of the offense. Two times he got a wide-open shot and hesitated, thus not taking the look, and the offense stalled. He is starting to look like he can contribute off the wing, though, which would be huge the next six weeks without JR.

I've said it all season, and I will keep saying it. Old guys are old. This means that it will take them a while to get going and feel comfortable.

But, (and I wrote this in another thread), I think Dunleavey is a player who needs a well defined role/system. And, unfortunately, so far this season our bench has been shitty and inconsistent. This is far less than ideal for an old player like Dunleavey.

I think he's going to be a great fit long term. People need to keep being patient.

I can't decide if he should get more consistent time or be out of the rotation. I wish he wouldn't handle teh ball.

It feels like a mini version of what Love went through to me. I think he still has the skills and athletic ability to be a plus NBA player. I hope they play him more, not less, and let him find his place. His shooting is coming around and it will continue to. His defense as mentioned is a plus. His floor game is just lost right now, but he just needs more time. Let him play, ESPECIALLY with JR down.

Very very slowly I think he is starting to get more comfortable in the offense. His passing is solid.

It was going to be hard for him to work himself back into the rotation, but now with jr down, he is going to get another very real opportunity to establish himself over the next month or two. I feel like he.needs one breakout game where he scores 15-20 and hits a bunch of threes, and then breathe a huge sigh of relief. We'll see.

Very very slowly I think he is starting to get more comfortable in the offense. His passing is solid.

The good thing with Dunns is he's a solid player and he makes smart plays even if he can't shoot at the moment.

Smart passes, intelligent defense, great boxing out last night vs the Bucks. And he is a good who won't force things when he knows he's cold.

Really hope he can work his way out of the funk, for him and for us.

Surprised Dunleavy didn't play at all. He's been shooting better and he's a pesky defender. He could've handled Iggy or Livingston for a few minutes and helped spread the floor since Jefferson and Shumpert weren't shooting well.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."