• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

WWE/NXT/AEW/NJPW Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Man, you'd think shit ratings would prove he's not worth the ring time. Especially when you have guys like Owens, who I consider a generational talent with his in-ring and mic ability. He's definitely one of the only reasons I still watch wrestling. Him and Jericho combined are incredible, to the point where I was really hoping the fake feud swerve was just a ruse.

Back to Roman - I'm not sure why Vince is so enamoured with this guy. Is it the family? Because they bitched so hard when he lost. Either way, I think once Vince dies, the company will be better off. Or at least I hope so because the quality of NXT is streets ahead of the rest of the organization.

Yeah, Triple H seems to just get wrestling in a way Vince does not, probably because he actually trained as a wrestler. He also seems to be more hands off. He hires people he trusts and lets them do their job, not micromanaging the way Vince does with every aspect. He clearly has a great mind for the business. There's a reason that NXT is so much better than the main roster, and that's because it's well-booked, guys are built up properly, and the best workers are typically given spots of prominence.

I agree that I just don't know what Vince sees in Reigns. He's just not a charismatic guy. He desperately needs to be a heel, because he's just so unlikable as a face, and in real life he comes off like a douche too.

I also agree about Owens. I don't know about him being a generational talent, but he's certainly one of the five best WWE guys right now when you factor in ability, mic skills, and look. He loses points for his look, but he's proven he can put on MOTY candidates and is one of the more entertaining talkers in the ring. I actually did enjoy the video floating around where he got Reigns to break character at a house show and laugh at the shit he was talking to fans. It humanized Reigns in a way his booking has not. Unfortunately, Reigns followed that up on Twitter in the worst way possible and bragged about how much he makes (not a face move, for the record).

My hope right now is that Vince realizes he can't have Reigns main event Wrestlemania as a "face" for the third year in a row, and instead Jericho wins the Rumble, he and Owens get into it leading up to 'Mania, and they have a blow off for the title at the biggest show of the year. Jericho is due for another break, and he gets to put over his best friend on the way out the door. A win for all involved. Then Owens can feud with a returning Balor leading up to Summerslam and drop the title to the demon.

Balor would work too as a Rumble winner, but I don't think he'll be ready to return yet.

Wrestle Kingdom 11. 8.50. Basically mania on steroids.

Dolph heel turn.. now Dolph gets to job for the faces.

Does Ziggler turning heel mean that Apollo crews will finally get a push? or perhaps a new face is coming to smackdown.

Why is Undertaker appearing on Raw. Isnt he supposed to be smackdown?

Is Rusev and Jinder poised for a tag team run ?

Why is no one happy Reigns wont be in the Royal Rumble Match.

Does cena bury Corbin or put him over (we all know Cena will win next week since he is slated for a title match against Styles.)

Does taker win the rumble and take on either Aj Styles or John Cena for wrestlemania.

Long overdue. If they weren't going to keep the IC title on him, he needed a heel turn to keep him fresh.

Does Ziggler turning heel mean that Apollo crews will finally get a push? or perhaps a new face is coming to smackdown.

While it would be nice to see Crews get a push, I'm just not sure he's ready. Dude needed another year in NXT to work on his character and selling. More likely, he's the face who loses to Dolph to help legitimize his heel turn.

Smackdown beat Raw in the ratings last week. Vince is likely not happy about that.

If a tree falls in the woods, does anyone give a shit?

Because there's a real chance Vince is delusional enough to have him walk into 'Mania as both the US and Universal champ.

Does cena bury Corbin or put him over (we all know Cena will win next week since he is slated for a title match against Styles.)

I'd lean toward bury, but the WWE obviously wants to push Corbin so he'll likely at least put on a respectable show.

Does taker win the rumble and take on either Aj Styles or John Cena for wrestlemania.

I still think Jericho might win the Rumble. It makes sense, concludes one of the main stories on Raw from the past few months, keeps Reigns out of the Universal Title scene, and provides a marquee match that we haven't seen before (Jericho/Owens). I have no idea if Vince will truly let Owens walk into 'Mania as the champ, but if he does, Jericho makes a ton of sense as his opponent. He can put over Owens and then take another break and tour with his band.

I don't think Taker wins, simply because if you want to do Taker/Cena it really doesn't need the title to feel important.

Because he's either going to beat Owens or be in the Rumble if he loses. Depending on the position of the matches.

Heard Okada/Omega was fucking awesome. Gonna have the check the show
The show was one of the better PPVs, I have ever seen. I went to bed a little early to wake up for it and I was not disappointed.

Heard Okada/Omega was fucking awesome. Gonna have the check the show

I fell asleep, watching it right now. Insane running cross body over the barricade by Okada, who is easily number 1 in the world for me.

Main event is worth a lot of money by itself. Incredible.

How did you guys watch it? Do you have New Japan World?

Anyone doing so may want to use a translator on their browser. Well worth it.

they have a translator on their browser? I had no issues. It's well worth the subscription.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."