• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

WWE/NXT/AEW/NJPW Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I think this Roman thing has to come to a head. WWE ain't gonna let him die so just give him the damn belt already.

But when he wins that belt have him cut a heel promo and let it all come from the heart. I'd hate to put this pressure on Roman but he has it in him. After 3 years of ppl booing him he has to have something to talk about.

If Roman is winning at WM I want that match to be bloody and brutal. Let Owens get back to his NXT gruesome days. If Reigns is going over I want a bloody beaten Reigns to cut an angry heel promo at WM. He needs to go off on fans and say if you don't like me having the belt go screw your self

The last four matches on that show were all incredible. It makes last year's Wrestlemania look embarrassing.

The last four matches on that show were all incredible. It makes last year's Wrestlemania look embarrassing.
This WM is gonna be stacked beyond belief. A super over guy may even get left off this show it's gonna be so stacked. Last year was the year of injuries this year EVERYBODY will be back plus Goldberg, maybe Rock and maybe Shawn Michaels. I started watching WWE again in 2014 and this is most likely gonna be the best WM iv seen in my life if done correctly.

If they stay away from too many multiman matches all of Rollins, KO, Bray, Orton, American Alpha, Charolette, Sasha, Finn, AJ, Cena, Dean, Reigns, Strowman could get a huge moment.

This show may literally HAVE to be 6 or 7 hours to get everything in. And if EVERYBODY is back I'd literally sit and watch it all happily

The freaking opener was ACH versus Kota Ibushi.

You know, they had the guy WWE wanted so badly wear an anime character mask to further the show.

Rewatched the main event again. I've changed my mind about Okada (who is insane)...

Kenny Omega is easily the greatest wrestler on Earth. He will never come to the WWE. And for the love of God, I pray NJPW takes off in the US and gets off AXS because Omega being the guy against WWE would just feel so good.

Last edited:
Rewatched the main event again. I've changed my mind about Okada (who is insane)...

Kenny Omega is easily the greatest wrestler on Earth. He will never come to the WWE. And for the love of God, I pray NJPW takes off in the US and gets off AXS because Omega being the guy against WWE would just feel so good.

I think Naito was the best overall performer last night. Amazing entrance too.

I think Naito was the best overall performer last night. Amazing entrance too.

I can definitely see the argument.

The Jan 4 show is easily the best PPV on Earth, and it has been for a few years. Okada is the guy WWE should have thrown the bank at, because he speaks English. He is literally Hogan in Japan.

Might keep my NJPW subscription.

I can definitely see the argument.

The Jan 4 show is easily the best PPV on Earth, and it has been for a few years. Okada is the guy WWE should have thrown the bank at, because he speaks English. He is literally Hogan in Japan.

Might keep my NJPW subscription.

Problem is he really has no reason to leave. He's at the top of the company and will likely be there for a while.

Problem is he really has no reason to leave. He's at the top of the company and will likely be there for a while.

Oh, no, I totally understand. I'd rather have Okada/Omega than anyone on Earth in WWE.

It'll never happen

Meltzer gave it the first ever 6 stars. Need to watch within next couple days

Meltzer gave it the first ever 6 stars. Need to watch within next couple days

I thought it was a really good match, but that seems to be exaggerating quite a bit. The first half of the match wasn't great and the overall match was about ten minutes longer than it really needed to be, especially since it didn't really pick up until about midway through.

Oh, no, I totally understand. I'd rather have Okada/Omega than anyone on Earth in WWE.

It'll never happen

I'd imagine two years ago none of us thought AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura would have been in the WWE either, let alone champs of their respective brands.

Long overdue. If they weren't going to keep the IC title on him, he needed a heel turn to keep him fresh.

While it would be nice to see Crews get a push, I'm just not sure he's ready. Dude needed another year in NXT to work on his character and selling. More likely, he's the face who loses to Dolph to help legitimize his heel turn.

Smackdown beat Raw in the ratings last week. Vince is likely not happy about that.

If a tree falls in the woods, does anyone give a shit?

Because there's a real chance Vince is delusional enough to have him walk into 'Mania as both the US and Universal champ.

I'd lean toward bury, but the WWE obviously wants to push Corbin so he'll likely at least put on a respectable show.

I still think Jericho might win the Rumble. It makes sense, concludes one of the main stories on Raw from the past few months, keeps Reigns out of the Universal Title scene, and provides a marquee match that we haven't seen before (Jericho/Owens). I have no idea if Vince will truly let Owens walk into 'Mania as the champ, but if he does, Jericho makes a ton of sense as his opponent. He can put over Owens and then take another break and tour with his band.

I don't think Taker wins, simply because if you want to do Taker/Cena it really doesn't need the title to feel important.

My thoughts as well. Jericho has never won the rumble and is the kind of superstar deserving of that title. His days are numbered in the wwe, but I wonder if a Jericho Owens ME has enough juice for Vince. We all know how much he likes to target "non wrestling fans" with his main events, does Jericho and Owens get that done? Obviously the final chapter for Jericho is going to lead to Owens. The fans are loving Jericho right now as a heel, this would be a solid way to send of Jericho as a baby face, but does anyone really believe he would win the title again? Has he deserved it as of late? Sure, but I'd think they'd want to send Jericho off with a bang, and the guy hasn't won a feud since Styles, and even that felt like a stretch.

My thoughts as well. Jericho has never won the rumble and is the kind of superstar deserving of that title. His days are numbered in the wwe, but I wonder if a Jericho Owens ME has enough juice for Vince. We all know how much he likes to target "non wrestling fans" with his main events, does Jericho and Owens get that done? Obviously the final chapter for Jericho is going to lead to Owens. The fans are loving Jericho right now as a heel, this would be a solid way to send of Jericho as a baby face, but does anyone really believe he would win the title again? Has he deserved it as of late? Sure, but I'd think they'd want to send Jericho off with a bang, and the guy hasn't won a feud since Styles, and even that felt like a stretch.

Well, Owens/Jericho wouldn't necessarily have to main event. They've kind of changed the "main event 'Mania" stipulation of winning the Rumble to just getting a title shot. They could have Styles/Whoever main event, or Lesnar/Goldberg (would prefer not to have two part-timers main event, but this is Vince), or Taker/Cena if Taker's career is on the line.

If I were booking things, given the way everything is set up right now, I'd have Jericho win the Rumble, put over Owens at 'Mania, and then slow build to Owens dropping the title to Balor at Summerslam. Assuming they want to put the title back on Balor, I think it makes sense to do so at a major event, and Owens and Balor have proven in NXT to be capable of some pretty good matches. Now, if Balor is ready for the Rumble you could have him win instead and have Owens and Jericho blow off their feud at the PPV before 'Mania, but I don't think he will be ready yet. Ideally, you'd have Owens come out of 'Mania with a new style and start having him win matches legitimately leading up to his feud with Balor.

Of course, this is Vince we're talking about, so Reigns will probably walk into 'Mania with both titles and get booed out of the building again, and then when Balor comes back they'll stupidly turn him heel and try to play him as the bad guy in the Reigns feud like they did with Styles, and it will work even worse.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."