• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

All Star 2017

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walter White

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I guess it is about that time to start discussing it in it's own thread. I've seen it leak into several others so here you go. Here are the first voting returns:

C1bdT29WgAEBNFO.jpg:large

Zaza? Wtf? Well, I guess I'll just vote for him now to keep this embarrassment going.

Good news on Kyrie and Love looking like they will start at this point in time. Keep pushing hard for Love especially. He is in the most danger of getting passed and he really deserves to start. I want to see Love start so bad after missing the All Star game the last 2 years. Which I'd like to see Embiid start as well, but it isn't possible alongside Giannis and LeBron so we can't vote for Embiid or it takes away from Love.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see Kyrie, Giannis, LeBron, Love, Embiid for the East.

But abiding by the rules, it should be Kyrie, Demar, LeBron, Giannis, Love.

And in the West, Westbrook, Harden, KD, Kawhi, and AD.

But Curry really going to rob one of Westbrook or Harden from starting? WOW.

Media & players should do the right thing and prevent Curry from starting. That would be glorious.

Zaza has the entire country of Georgia voting for him. That almost got him in last year.

Media & players should do the right thing and prevent Curry from starting. That would be glorious.

He's not even deserving of it. Harden and Westbrook should start. Anything other than that is just wrong.

My thoughts...

East:
-Kyrie
-Lowry
-LeBron
-Giannis
-Love

West:
-Harden
-Westbrook
-Kawhi
-Durant
-Brow

East has a lot more question marks than the West does. In the East, DeMar DeRozan, Isaiah Thomas, Kemba Walker, Jimmy fucking Butler, Paul George, John Wall, Carmelo Anthony, Porzingis, and Al Horford are all having great seasons.

The funny thing, though, is the East is mainly guys playing the 1-3, whereas the West has more question marks down low. I.E., Boogie, Draymond, Marc Gasol, Gobert, and Karl Towns are all having excellent seasons. They do have a few guards, though, who merit consideration, such as CP3 (injury though), Lillard, Curry, and George Hill have all had all-star caliber seasons. I just believe the guard spots in the West are more clear-cut.

Steph Curry will not start. The media and players will override him with Harden and Westbrook.

And although the media seems to love Steph, but are all prompting up Westbrook and Harden for MVP.

The players around the league don't like him anyways. I'd be surprised if he's starting, even if he gets the fan vote.

Would literally bust a nut if Curry didn't start. Oh my god.
I just can't justify starting him over Harden or Westbrook. I still think he'll get it, especially because of the media and fan votes, but you never know...

I just can't justify starting him over Harden or Westbrook. I still think he'll get it, especially because of the media and fan votes, but you never know...

I think the media vote counts for 25%, and the players 25%, and the fans 50%.

For the record, I don't think Steph will get the fan vote either. It's all very close between him, Westbrook, and Harden.

A lot of GS bandwagon fans were voting for their boyfriend like crazy, but I think Harden and Westbrook will edge him out. It will be close. There's no way the players, and even the media IMO go Steph.

If the media does, then you know, they all want to just blow Steph. That would be outrageous.

Steph Curry will not start. The media and players will override him with Harden and Westbrook.

And although the media seems to love Steph, but are all prompting up Westbrook and Harden for MVP.
The same media that went to fucking war trying to manufacture Steph's greatness the last couple years?

I'm...not so sure about that.

I think the media vote counts for 25%, and the players 25%, and the fans 50%.

For the record, I don't think Steph will get the fan vote either. It's all very close between him, Westbrook, and Harden.

A lot of GS bandwagon fans were voting for their boyfriend like crazy, but I think Harden and Westbrook will edge him out. It will be close. There's no way the players, and even the media IMO go Steph.

If the media does, then you know, they all want to just blow Steph. That would be outrageous.
Was watching The Jump today. Zach Lowe, TMac, and Chauncey all had Russ and Harden as the starters. Nichols - who I usually like - questioned why not Steph Curry, and then Twitter blew up, saying Steph had to start.

I hope you're right, because quite frankly, Harden and Westbrook are having two of the greatest statistical box score seasons in NBA history. While their respective offenses allow for this to happen (I don't buy the stat padding narrative, but the system of the Rockets and Thunder put both players in a position to gain those stats), regardless, I think it would be a shame if Steph Curry makes it over them. It would reflect very poorly on the NBA All-Star game, and moreover, the league as a whole.

The same media that went to fucking war trying to manufacture Steph's greatness the last couple years?

I'm...not so sure about that.

We will know how completely bias they are, if they do. I just don't know how these same idiots can be put Harden and Westbrook, top-2 in the MVP race, and then not vote for them over Curry to start in the all-star game.

He won't get the player vote. They don't like Curry anyways.

I don't think Curry will get the fan vote. He's barely ahead of Harden. By just 4 thousand votes, that's nothing. I think Westbrook will pass him too.

I just can't justify starting him over Harden or Westbrook.

Get this out there onto the interwebs bro!!

We gotta spread the word.. This is the New Gospel: Harden and Westbrook; starting backcourt for the ASG!! Who says no?!

:chuckle:

Get this out there onto the interwebs bro!!

We gotta spread the word.. This is the New Gospel: Harden and Westbrook; starting backcourt for the ASG!! Who says no?!

:chuckle:
This is true. Let's spread the word!! I'll join this Church!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."