• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Andrew Wiggins

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
There's one dimensional, and then there's Wiggins. He's less than one dimensional because his scoring isn't that special given that he can't shoot threes or free throws well at all. He does nothing else on the court offensively or defensively or on the boards.

For someone of his talent and size, his lack of progression is alarming and really just unacceptable.

A disappointment so far, to say the least.

41 points and +/- -4 thinking about the big Joe Harris trade

Everything about his inability to create for others, effect games in multiple ways, and his soft motor/mentality that was mentioned before the draft has held true to this point, and its year 3 for him...I'd be a bit worried if I was a Wolves fan.

But it's crazy to me how his game flipped 180 degrees from what he was touted as as a prospect. Guy was supposed to be a once in a decade athlete with All-NBA defense skills who was going to need to find his niche on offense...right now he is an All-NBA scorer, but plays 0 defense.

Felt KAT showed last year he was going to be the man in Minnesota over Wiggins...thinking LaVine has progressed past him this year as well.

Think his lack of taking the next step, especially on defense under Thibs, and Kris Dunn's struggles are the 2 biggest reasons why Minny didn't break out and contend for a playoff spot this year like a lot of people felt they would.

It turned out that Kyrie and Wiggins would have been a dreadful duo together too. Neither one's game would have fit at all with the other. And both have been very poor defenders. We'd still be a lottery team if we just rolled with Wiggins and LeBron never came back.

Good thing we drafted Wiggins to trade him. Notice those fans claiming we should have kept Wiggins are no longer saying that.

Perusing the Timberwolves boards on RealGM one comes to the conclusion that the fan base desperately wants to trade Wiggins for anything remotely comparable while he still has value. If I am Chicago I would insist on Lavine rather than Wiggins as the framework for a deal.

His lack of work ethic has soured their once lofty opinions and even Thibs can't seem to get through to him. Unless he has a coming to Jesus moment soon I don't think he'll ever be a franchise player. 2nd or 3rd fiddle, but building a team around him? No.

Just surprising he's been Kyrie bad defensively thus far. I don't think anyone predicted that. And he definitely doesn't come close to having Kyrie's skillset offensively.

Which is why you can live with Kyrie. Wiggins? He's got to get better defensively. Has to. Otherwise, he will be a pretty big disappointment IMO.

Well...we kinda knew he had some serious basketball instinct issues, most players that come out of Kansas seem to though part of that is the fact they all leave so quickly...well outside Embiid

Perusing the Timberwolves boards on RealGM one comes to the conclusion that the fan base desperately wants to trade Wiggins for anything remotely comparable while he still has value. If I am Chicago I would insist on Lavine rather than Wiggins as the framework for a deal.

His lack of work ethic has soured their once lofty opinions and even Thibs can't seem to get through to him.
Unless he has a coming to Jesus moment soon I don't think he'll ever be a franchise player. 2nd or 3rd fiddle, but building a team around him? No.

That was one of his biggest red flags too. Concerning. I think Minny is stuck with him, unless they can get a clear upgrade though.

You can't give up on him given he's so young, and is still talented. But, if he can't at least become an average defender. At that position. That's going to hurt his value.

Well...we kinda knew he had some serious basketball instinct issues, most players that come out of Kansas seem to though part of that is the fact they all leave so quickly...well outside Embiid

Wait... what? I think you have Kansas confused with Kentucky.

Of the 15 KU players currently in the NBA, 4 left after one year (Diallo was essentially forced out since he wouldn't qualify/had ncaa violations). 9 of the 15 spent at least three years in school.

Wait... what? I think you have Kansas confused with Kentucky.

Of the 15 KU players currently in the NBA, 4 left after one year (Diallo was essentially forced out since he wouldn't qualify/had ncaa violations). 9 of the 15 spent at least three years in school.

The big names seem to leave quickly though, Wiggins, Mclemore, Alexander. Guess that's only been the last few years though now that i think about it

EBut it's crazy to me how his game flipped 180 degrees from what he was touted as as a prospect. Guy was supposed to be a once in a decade athlete with All-NBA defense skills who was going to need to find his niche on offense...right now he is an All-NBA scorer, but plays 0 defense.

To be fair that's how he may have developed had he stayed here. We needn't have expected him to be one of our top offensive options, not with LeBron and Kyrie here. He would have been expected to be a defensive stopper first, then develop his offensive game as time went on. Almost the way Kawhi developed in San Antonio.

I think being in Minnesota with that team has hurt his development. Some players are affected by their environment more than others, and he might be one of those guys who develops bad habits by being with a bad team. Kyrie had some of the same issues his first few years in the league.

The big names seem to leave quickly though, Wiggins, Mclemore, Alexander. Guess that's only been the last few years though now that i think about it

Yeah, historically, ku hasn't been a one and done school. They have been moreso recently, but it seems that's been the case with every school.

Also, Ben was there two years and cliff was the one with ncaa violations that was essentially forced to leave. I was wrong about diallo. He left because he wasn't going to qualify.

It turned out that Kyrie and Wiggins would have been a dreadful duo together too. Neither one's game would have fit at all with the other. And both have been very poor defenders. We'd still be a lottery team if we just rolled with Wiggins and LeBron never came back.

Good thing we drafted Wiggins to trade him. Notice those fans claiming we should have kept Wiggins are no longer saying that.
Remember how often and how long people would talk about rather having Wiggins over Love? Boy were they so so wrong. Glad those days are over. And if it was a debate whether we won the trade then or now, we did either way.

I remember that 2014 draft well. Teams were all gearing things toward getting a top pick in that loaded draft. There were three elite talents. No one wanted a pick in 2013 because it was a waste of a draft.

Now, anyone in their right mind would trade any of the top 2014 picks for #15 in the 2013 draft. I'd think about Gobert over the 2014 big three as well (Embiid just because of injury history).

I remember that 2014 draft well. Teams were all gearing things toward getting a top pick in that loaded draft. There were three elite talents. No one wanted a pick in 2013 because it was a waste of a draft.

Now, anyone in their right mind would trade any of the top 2014 picks for #15 in the 2013 draft. I'd think about Gobert over the 2014 big three as well (Embiid just because of injury history).

2011 was suppose to be this terrible draft. The clippers wanted nothing to do with it. I'm always skeptical when everybody raves about the upcoming draft.

Fultz looks like the only one with serious can't miss talent. Josh Jackson is looking exactly like Jaylen Brown.

2011 was suppose to be this terrible draft. The clippers wanted nothing to do with it. I'm always skeptical when everybody raves about the upcoming draft.

Fultz looks like the only one with serious can't miss talent. Josh Jackson is looking exactly like Jaylen Brown.

Bah, how can you even say that man..

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."