• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

So Long, Mo Gotti Williams

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Reddit is on his side, remarkably

What Mo's doing sucks, but at least he's not doing in front of the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich, Connecticut. I still expect this table to flinch and look guilty if I stare at it long enough.

hmred6126c.rw_preview.jpg

It's even worse than that because you have to essentially trade a piece (maybe someone useful like Shump or promising like McRae) just to get Mo off the books so you can add another player. Plus had the Cavs known that Mo wasn't going to play they may have been more active in searching for a backup point guard in the summer.
Yep, I don't know that it will cost someone like Shump. Probably a 2nd rounder or the equivalent, which would be McRae.

With all of this Hawks trade and haggling over whether we can get rid of the albatross that is Mo Williams contract it's honestly made me hate him a good bit which is sad because his first go around I LOVED Mo

You're welcome for the ring, asshole. Real classless move on the way out

Dahntay Jones had more to do with our championship than mo. Wish we would have never even brought him back in hindsight

With all of this Hawks trade and haggling over whether we can get rid of the albatross that is Mo Williams contract it's honestly made me hate him a good bit which is sad because his first go around I LOVED Mo

You're welcome for the ring, asshole. Real classless move on the way out

Dahntay Jones had more to do with our championship than mo. Wish we would have never even brought him back in hindsight
Nostalgia can be and often is a motherfucker.

But what a petty, vindictive twat this guy turned out to be.

I remember when Lebron returned with Miami that first time and Mo refused to acknowledge him right before the pre-game. Don't think he ever really recovered from Lebron leaving that first time. He probably figured those were his prime basketball years and now he had no chance to get a ring. Well he got one but couldn't really contribute. Must be a sad realization. Thanks for the good years Mo but damn, get some class.

Mo was a good player in his first stint here

He then helped us get Kyrie

Now he's helping us get Korver

Bit of a hiccup to pull the retire/not retire move, but after some time passes, I'll look back mostly favorably on Mo Williams

I remember when Lebron returned with Miami that first time and Mo refused to acknowledge him right before the pre-game. Don't think he ever really recovered from Lebron leaving that first time. He probably figured those were his prime basketball years and now he had no chance to get a ring. Well he got one but couldn't really contribute. Must be a sad realization. Thanks for the good years Mo but damn, get some class.

The thing is, he really did contribute. Not a whole lot, but he played a lot when Kyrie was hurt, and he hit a couple shots and honestly did more than Delly did in the Finals. He definitely was at least a part of winning that title.

Then he ruined it, wasn't a part of the ring ceremony and acknowledging the title, by pulling the shit that he did. I think he did it because he was mad that Delly was our back-up PG and phased Mo out for most of the year after Kyrie came back.

We were able to move him, which is fine/...and he obviously was never really going to play this year (he had serious knee surgery and still isn't close to ready). But he screwed us on the money probably because he didn't want to have to wait 3 years to get it all if we would have used the provision to spread the money out. He knew he wasn't coming back and purposely fucked with our roster and salary cap.

Luckily, we finally got rid of him, but it still ultimately hurts us a little bit. Even with the trade, we still have Birdman taking up a roster spot. If Mo would have been released, we probably could have dumped Birdman instead in this deal and our roster issues would be 100% solved.

On the bright side, we don't have to pay Mo another dime. Every peny that he makes the rest of this year will not be out of Gilbert's checkbook. And as petty as that is for me to care about, I'm glad. Also, Mo's ring will ALWAYS have an asterisk next to it now because of what he pulled. He made all of his teammates hate him for being such a whiny little bitch.

All I remember was that floater he made

I was never fooled by Mo scrub

Forever be known as top 3 worst player to be an all star

Now he's helping us get Korver
That's not even close to true

You're acting like Mo was somehow a sweetener in this deal when in reality he was one of the main obstacles to complete it and like @InBoobieWeTrust said prevented us from dumping off birdman

Last edited:
I might be alone, and I realize what he did was kind of dickish. I don't feel people should hate him literally.

He was signed to a two-year contract. The Cavs agreed to sign him to that contract. A contract is a contract.

And it's not like 2 million dollars is pennies. He's retiring from a very lucrative career. I don't know about you, but I'd want my family taken care of going forward. So if Mo just wanted to collect that last paycheck, it's really hard to fault him for that.

Also, is it not possible he really wanted to truly come back? And it just came to realization that he really couldn't, given his knee?

I get being a little pissed, but hate the guy? Nah, come on. People change their minds all the time.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."