• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 NFL playoff thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Julius Peppers was on the 2000 UNC Final Four team. He's made 3 big plays today.

That fat ass McCarthy is an idiot. You're up by 8, and go for it on your own 42? The Giants offense hasn't done jack shit. And with one throw it's now a one point game.

Idiot.

That fat ass McCarthy is an idiot. You're up by 8, and go for it on your own 42? The Giants offense hasn't done jack shit. And with one throw it's now a one point game.

Idiot.

Yeah, not sure what he was thinking. Especially considering the Packers hadn't really moved the ball except for the two drives at the end of the half (one of which stalled but they got a hail mary out of it). Luckily for him the Packers answered right back.

The NFL has been laughably bad this season and these wildcard rounds teams kinda proved it.

I like the regular season Oakland had...and Carr is a helluva QB. But without him at thelm? They were a sinking ship.

Houston and Brock Osweiler? You know that guy ain't going anywhere past this round.

Miami and Tannehill/Moore? See above. Good solid, talented team but they don't have the QB to get past the two asshole teams in the AFC.

Hell if we look beyond that? I'd love to see Kansas City pull off the upset but Alex Smith is (sadly) not going to be the guy to beat the Rapists gang of idiots.

It's to the point where we KNOW it's going to be the Rapist or Tom Brady playing in the Super Bowl.

"Parity" in this league is a myth. Your reward by winning in the NFL is to be a "Sacrificial lamb" against one of these bullshit teams.

Last edited:
The NFL has been laughably bad this season and these wildcard rounds teams kinda proved it.

I like the regular season Oakland had...and Carr is a helluva QB. But without him at thelm? They were a sinking ship.

Houston and Brock Osweiler? You know that guy ain't going anywhere past this round.

Miami and Tannehill/Moore? See above. Good solid, talented team but they don't have the QB to get past the two asshole teams in the AFC.

Hell if we look beyond that? I'd love to see Kansas City pull off the upset but Alex Smith is (sadly) not going to be the guy to beat the Rapists gang of idiots.

It's to the point where we KNOW it's going to be the Rapist or Tom Brady playing in the Super Bowl.

"Parity" in this league is a myth. Your reward by winning in the NFL is to be a "Sacrificial lamb" against one of these bullshit teams.

I think the playoffs are always fun, but that said, I can't sit and watch all of the games anymore. I think this round, this year, had some particularly bad luck, but it'll make the next round that much more interesting:
Houston beat Oakland without Carr. This means nothing. Houston still has a bad QB, and he did have a pretty bad game too. Oh, and that Watt guy isn't playing... I expect NE to cruise.
Seattle beat Detroit. My read on this game was that if Sherman can lock down an entire side of the field without help, you are damn well fucked. He certainly can't cover Julio Jones 1-on-1, and the Falcons offense in general is insane. Seattle will miss their starting safety in this next game.
Pitt beat Miami, but did anyone see Moore's stat line before he left? He had 289 yards! They wouldn't have won, but Arrowhead is a different beast. BUT Pitt can run and KC has struggled against the run. Obviously Ben's injury is a big deal, but I don't think he is injured.
GB beat NYG. GB is hot, but Dallas is a different beast. This is another great game in the making. Dallas has great corners and they will need them. Jordy Nelson is out(?) and I think that Dallas will impose their will here. Should be another great game!

TLDR: 3 of 4 games next week should be pretty awesome.

Let me know when he either: A. Dies from some weird asphyxiation masturbation, weird drug overdose involving naked midget clowns, or gets arrested for solicitation by asking people for five dollars to watch him touch it while they touch his toes.
Tell ya what: I'll give him ten dollars if he dons the scooby suit and wears a shirt over it that reads, I'm a fucking spooge junkie

I think the playoffs are always fun, but that said, I can't sit and watch all of the games anymore. I think this round, this year, had some particularly bad luck, but it'll make the next round that much more interesting:
Houston beat Oakland without Carr. This means nothing. Houston still has a bad QB, and he did have a pretty bad game too. Oh, and that Watt guy isn't playing... I expect NE to cruise.
Seattle beat Detroit. My read on this game was that if Sherman can lock down an entire side of the field without help, you are damn well fucked. He certainly can't cover Julio Jones 1-on-1, and the Falcons offense in general is insane. Seattle will miss their starting safety in this next game.
Pitt beat Miami, but did anyone see Moore's stat line before he left? He had 289 yards! They wouldn't have won, but Arrowhead is a different beast. BUT Pitt can run and KC has struggled against the run. Obviously Ben's injury is a big deal, but I don't think he is injured.
GB beat NYG. GB is hot, but Dallas is a different beast. This is another great game in the making. Dallas has great corners and they will need them. Jordy Nelson is out(?) and I think that Dallas will impose their will here. Should be another great game!

TLDR: 3 of 4 games next week should be pretty awesome.

I think I'm in the same boat. I used to love watching the playoffs but I think all of this losing by the Browns has taken the will out of me a little bit. Once the Browns season is mercifully over, I kinda tune it out. Having said that, you're right that this week's games should be better. Of the teams in the first round of the playoffs, I felt bad for Oakland. It had been years since they'd made the playoffs and to have their QB hurt stunk. As Cleveland fans, we know that feeling.

As for this round coming up, you'll see better teams so there should be better games, the NE game notwithstanding. I like Atlanta to beat the Seahawks sans Earl Thomas and am pulling for them of all the teams to win the Super Bowl. I think the Chiefs will have a tough time with Pitt barring some turnovers or something like that. Alex Smith is just too much of a game manager for my taste. As for the Packers game, I'll take the trendy pick and go with Green Bay. Nothing against the Cowboys team necessarily, but Prescott is a rookie and I feel Rodgers is just on fire right now.

I was really looking forward to the Steelers/Chiefs game during the day tomorrow. Doubt I stay up for the whole thing now that it's been moved to 8:30

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."