• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trade Rumor(s)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Not sure the Kings would do that. Don't think we have the necessary salaries to match it either.

Not sure the Kings would do that. Don't think we have the necessary salaries to match it either.

I'd love to trade Shump and Birdman for Collison, WCS and Casspi or WCS, McLemore and Lawson.

I'd love to trade Shump and Birdman for Collison, WCS and Casspi or WCS, McLemore and Lawson.

Would cost the cavs about an extra $30M this year -- don't think we will do that.

Would cost the cavs about an extra $30M this year -- don't think we will do that.

Would it? The salaries match so theoretically wouldn't it stay exactly the same?

Sorry! I can't read -- thought Gay was in that trade.

Nope! If we wanted Gay Love to come true, it would be Shump + Birdman and we'd owe a ton in taxes as well.

Though could you imagine a lineup of LeBron/Korver/Gay/Love/Frye? Barely any defense but it would be basically impossible to guard.

Tyson Chandler and point guard until playoffs start. Come on Griff, only you can do this :D

Tyson Chandler and point guard until playoffs start. Come on Griff, only you can do this :D

Do we have much chance or hope of getting Tyson Chandler. Would help alot with RIM Protection

Do we have much chance or hope of getting Tyson Chandler. Would help alot with RIM Protection

He doesn't block shots anymore and he isn't a better rim protector than Tristan and then you add all the luxury taxes and he isn't worth it.
He would definately help but It's not worth it money wise.

We can't trade our 2018 pick and you can't combine a trade exception with anything.
My bad I just took a closer look and I now see it would have to be the 2021 pick: Per the Akron Beacon Journal: “By swapping their [Cavs] first-round picks with the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday, giving the Blazers their first in this summer’s draft and taking back their ’18 pick, David Griffin has now freed up his 2021 first-round pick to use in another deal. That’s precisely his intent.” (Full report.) I don't think that would be enough for Rubio unless Minny really likes Shump. But I didn't realize Shabazz had such bad defense! This is making me rethink this whole trade lol.
As far as the Trade Exception, it would be used on Shabazz, then Iman for Ricky will work with the addition of Bird Man

I'm not comfortable giving up a pick 4 years from now which is the last substantial non-Osman trade asset we have until 2023 for a guy who can't hit an open shot and wouldn't even see the floor against the Warriors paired with a defensive sieve

I'm not comfortable giving up a pick 4 years from now which is the last substantial non-Osman trade asset we have until 2023 for a guy who can't hit an open shot and wouldn't even see the floor against the Warriors paired with a defensive sieve

What was the point of trading the 2017 pick for the 2018 pick if they aren't even going to use the 2021 pick though? I mean I don't think there is a big difference between the 2019 pick and the 2020 for the Cavs.
The 2020 pick could have been used to acquire Korver so not trading the 2021 pick seems kinda odd if you look at it that way.
But certainly Rubio shouldn't be tageted at all.

These people talking about Ricky Rubio and Tyson Chandler need to go away. If we're going to pursue a big man we should renew talks with Sacramento about Kosta Koufos, who is reasonably young and on a great contract...plus he's an OSU grad, so he has ties to the area.

Rubio isn't even a pipe dream, he'san awful idea period. We're going to grab a PG off the scrap heap for the vet minimum and be all the better for it comparatively, not having Delly really blows.)

I don't think we should go out and get Rubio, but I'm not sure why you're saying it's an "awful idea period."
Because the idea that we're going to trade a wing who has shown some value against our biggest competition in 2 straight Finals for an offensively-challenged backup PG after letting Delly walk is counterproductive and, frankly, nauseating.

You're creating one hole to fill another. If Rubio's salary (which is more than what Delly signed for) isn't a problem, why not just sign Delly from the get-go?

If Shumpert becomes expendable I don't see why we wouldn't use him to address an area we're weak in. Despite what some people think we are in a need of a big man, particularly one who can protect the interior. I'd much rather use Shump for that vs. a PG we can just grab from the scrap heap.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."