• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

WWE/NXT/AEW/NJPW Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
He's actually a really funny guy, and I think he'd be a great face because he's got charisma and is generally likable. The problem is that Vince has him typecast as an evil foreign heel, and there's usually a ceiling on how high guys like that can rise in the WWE because Vince doesn't like having them go over Americans for top titles.

At the very least, they need to quit pretending he's an evil foreigner (he lives in Nashville). For that matter, they really need to quit pretending that Lana is Russian. Her fake accent is awful and the fans love her. And they absolutely need to quit sending Rusev out there whenever they need someone to take a beating from a legend. He has the potential to be a top guy, but he's booked like an absolute chump.

I loathe the Jinder Mahal pairing because it shows that Vince learned nothing from the League of Nations debacle.

I just don't like Jinder's usage in general. Why do foreign people have to act like they just got off a boat?

He's actually a really funny guy, and I think he'd be a great face because he's got charisma and is generally likable. The problem is that Vince has him typecast as an evil foreign heel, and there's usually a ceiling on how high guys like that can rise in the WWE because Vince doesn't like having them go over Americans for top titles.

At the very least, they need to quit pretending he's an evil foreigner (he lives in Nashville). For that matter, they really need to quit pretending that Lana is Russian. Her fake accent is awful and the fans love her. And they absolutely need to quit sending Rusev out there whenever they need someone to take a beating from a legend. He has the potential to be a top guy, but he's booked like an absolute chump.

I loathe the Jinder Mahal pairing because it shows that Vince learned nothing from the League of Nations debacle.
I like all of this except the comment about Lana's accent. Strip her down, give her some high heels and I would love to hear her talk dirty to me.

I like all of this except the comment about Lana's accent. Strip her down, give her some high heels and I would love to hear her talk dirty to me.

Haha I just meant as a character I think the accent is just way over the top. And she's a fan favorite who they continue to push as an evil foreign heel for no real reason other than laziness.

Haha I just meant as a character I think the accent is just way over the top. And she's a fan favorite who they continue to push as an evil foreign heel for no real reason other than laziness.
Lol remember that awful Ziggler storyline w her? They killed that shit fast.

Rusev is one of the funniest guys on the roster.. Even his segment with Shaun Michaels which was terrible, was almost watchable because of Rusev.

I literally texted my friend about the undertake coming to raw; "I'm sure Rusev will interrupt him call him a stupid American which will lead to an Enzo & Cass pop."

Which was exactly what happened to Michaels instead.. Same difference. Such a waste of both parties..

Anyone else jumping on the Jack Gallagher train? I have no interest to anyone in the cruiserweight division besides Neville.. Kendrick & Swan are tolerable.. But Gallgher is a extraordinary gentleman, and once I saw the upside down mule kick on the turnbuckle I was hooked. There's something about pasty white guys with twisty mustaches, but this guy and the vaudevillians have given me a true man crush.. That mule kick was awesome haha

Rusev is one of the funniest guys on the roster.. Even his segment with Shaun Michaels which was terrible, was almost watchable because of Rusev.

He reminds me a lot of Owens and Jericho in that regard. He's not quite as good as they are at saving a bombing segment, but he is pretty funny and has that natural charisma you'd think the WWE would jump on instead of continuing to push a guy like Reigns who just totally lacks it.

Anyone else jumping on the Jack Gallagher train? I have no interest to anyone in the cruiserweight division besides Neville.. Kendrick & Swan are tolerable.. But Gallgher is a extraordinary gentleman, and once I saw the upside down mule kick on the turnbuckle I was hooked. There's something about pasty white guys with twisty mustaches, but this guy and the vaudevillians have given me a true man crush.. That mule kick was awesome haha

I've been on the Gallagher train since the Cruiserweight Classic. I don't know if you tuned in for that, but if not and you have the WWE Network, his second round match with Akira Tozawa was one of the best matches in the tournament. His first round match was fine too, but the Tozawa match was just great. Apparently the WWE brass loves him. Hard not to see why. He's a great wrestler, he has a good gimmick, he can talk, and he's naturally funny. Not a lot of guys who can check all those boxes.

I do like Swann a lot, by the way. He's been solid in both NXT and on the main roster. I was glad they gave him the title. Neville has been killing it too since his heel turn, although I wish he'd change his finisher to something a bit less flashy to go with his new attitude. Tozawa and Tajiri should be solid additions to the division as well. Tajiri killed it in the CWC (granted, like half the wrestlers killed it, but still). Tozawa was great too.

Cedric Alexander is a guy I think to keep an eye on. Of all the guys in the cruiserweight division, I think he has arguably the most potential to be a really successful main roster guy. They haven't really let him do much since the CWC, but his match with Ibushi in that tournament was probably the best match of the entire thing. The aftermath was great as well. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it, but it was just an awesome moment.

some folks are clamoring for a Jericho and Owens feud. I see Jericho holding the us title as an opportunity for Sami Zayn to get a push.
We all know Triple HHH and Rollins feud will start in earnest from the rumble through wrestlemania .

I see Rollins eliminating Triple HHH from the Rumble and then interfering in the Owens /Reigns match to get Reigns the Title
Potential Feuds
Triple HHH Vs Seth Rollins
Jericho vs Sami Zayn
Continue with Owens vs Reigns. then after the filler PPV bring in Reigns vs Stroman.
Goldberg vs Lesnar

but there is an alternative scenario.
Owens beats Reigns in the rumble. Queue in Triple HHH backed Finn Balor with Anderson and Gallows and possibly Stroman(like in the big show capacity.) as a Stable and work in a feud between Reigns and Stroman.

My rumble prediction is Samoa Joe setting up Cena vs Joe of course I don't really want to see a Cena vs taker WM for the smackdown title.

Last edited:
some folks are clamoring for a Jericho and Owens feud. I see Jericho holding the us title as an opportunity for Sami Zayn to get a push.
We all know Triple HHH and Rollins feud will start in earnest from the rumble through wrestlemania .

I see Rollins eliminating Triple HHH from the Rumble and then interfering in the Owens /Reigns match to get Reigns the Title
Potential Feuds
Triple HHH Vs Seth Rollins
Jericho vs Sami Zayn
Continue with Owens vs Reigns. then after the filler PPV bring in Reigns vs Stroman.
Goldberg vs Lesnar

but there is an alternative scenario.
Owens beats Reigns in the rumble. Queue in Triple HHH backed Finn Balor with Anderson and Gallows and possibly Stroman(like in the big show capacity.) as a Stable and work in a feud between Reigns and Stroman.

My rumble prediction is Samoa Joe setting up Cena vs Joe of course I don't really want to see a Cena vs taker WM for the smackdown title.

I want Joe vs AJ at Mania. Give them 20 minutes.

I want Joe vs AJ at Mania. Give them 20 minutes.
Your not getting that but you likely will be getting them in separate matches. Samoa Joe needs to go to SD tho

I'm afraid of how inept RAW would be in building him as a top heel. They are somehow wasting Rusev who would've been a top heel in ANY era of WWE wrestling so I can't help but fear for Joe

The last SDLIVE episode was amazing

Bray Wyatt may have sold Luke's superkick the best anyone ever has. Crazy to think that's the first time he's taken it. Smackdown is even doing the impossible.....giving Apollo Crews some emotion! Lol Still interested in Dolph. Nikki and Natty probably had the best pull away brawl since Undertaker VS Lesnar. Becky is charismatic as hell and I love her and Bliss because it actually feels like they have a reason to hate each other. I never get that feeling with Charolette and Sasha. Their promos and segments just never got any heat to them imo. Corbin is coming off as a freaking bad ass and idc that he lost because at the end of the day Cena HAD to win. What I actually respect the SD writers for is they had someone win That match. RAW would've ended that match in a countout or something stupid so no one ate a pin. Iv always thought that you HAVE to have meaningful outcomes. 50/50 booking and ending matches with BS just makes ppl not want to watch. Like the Seth VS Strowman matches on RAW. Everyone and their mother knew neither was getting pinned so why have the match? Waste of time. You can't tell me the RAW writers are that lazy

WWE has a poll on their website which asks the fans who the better World Champion is. At the time of this writing, the poll was standing at a whopping 91% votes for AJ Styles when Kevin Owens only managed the remaining 9%.
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0111/621119/wwe-raw-gm-job-up-for-grabs-soon/

The Difference here is that AJ gets to win his matches. That Handicap Match was the first time in awihile that Fight Owens fight was allowed to do his thing.

Ryback trashes WWE
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0104/620900/ryback-on-vince-mcmahon-lying-to-him/

right after he had trashed Triple HHH
"Hunter [has] told me directly [that WWE does not want young talent to have economic freedom]. He goes, 'we never want another marquee name here in the WWE.' This was during my first contract negotiations. Yeah, legit told me, he goes, 'we're never going to have another John Cena.' And if you look, that's why they book guys the way they book them. They don't want guys to have too much power anymore."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...iple-h-said-wwe-doesnt-want-to-build-marquee/

That marquee names thing is classic Vince. He wants to have all the power, and if he doesn't let anyone become too big of a star, he's not hurt when they leave and they have less leverage in negotiations.

You know it's not a Triple H thing because he absolutely builds up guys like stars in NXT. Nakamura has lost like one match since joining NXT, and that was just to set up him winning the belt back at a live show in Japan. Had that show not been in the works, he would have held on to the title. The only matches Kevin Owens lost in NXT were to Finn Balor, who took the title from him. Similarly, once Balor got his NXT main event push, he didn't lose until Joe took the belt, and I believe he's undefeated on the main roster so far.

If what Ryback said is true that's something that makes me question why I even watch

If what Ryback said is true that's something that makes me question why I even watch

I mean, it's no secret that backstage politics are and have been a huge part of wrestling. HBK was a notorious prick backstage. He buried Vader and refused to drop the title to him, and walked away from the company when he got pissed about booking decisions. The Undertaker expects guys to pay their respects to him on their first night or he'll put them in his doghouse. Triple H used his influence for years to keep himself on top of the company. Austin fucking quit when they wanted him to put over Lesnar.

Cena's been burying guys for years, so it's no surprise that he's the same type of politician as a lot of the guys who came before him.

Back to the AJ Styles , Owens vote.

I think Owens generates a lot more boos than AJ styles. Smackdown doesn't even seem concerned about generating boos for their Heel Champion.

so does the vote represent more of Owens being a better heel or Aj styles getting booked strong or a mixture of both.

I wonder if we would see a closer percentage if the question was "which champion would you rather see defend their title. "

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."