• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trade Rumor(s)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'd be ok with trading Channing at this point. He isn't going to be playable vs. the Warriors.

But I don't think Bogut is the type of guy I'd be targeting. I'd certainly pick him up on a buyout -- but not sure I'd send Osman away for a 10 MPG guy.

Maybe for Tyreke Evans? NO could certainly use another shooter.

Yeah. I wasn't suggesting anything, or even saying we should do the trade, just was fishing for opinions on the idea (3 disagrees was kind of wild though, didn't expect that on a post that had no opinion/statement in it, lol)..

I actually do think Bogut talent-wise is worth the package easily, but like you said, his role here, while vital, would be limited to the point where that package is too much to part with.

For their think backcourt, the Cavs have been looking to add Denver’s Jameer Nelson, Chicago’s Rajon Rondo or Dallas’ Deron Williams. Any of the three could help the Cavs. Nelson now is serving as Emmanuel Mudiay’s mentor, but could be dealt for the right price. Rondo, every coach’s nightmare, is on the outs in Chicago and in a backup role since being demoted from his starting spot. Williams could be a buyout candidate for the 15-29 Mavs since this looks like a lottery season for Mark Cuban and Dirk Nowitzki.

Per Forbes.com

For their think backcourt, the Cavs have been looking to add Denver’s Jameer Nelson, Chicago’s Rajon Rondo or Dallas’ Deron Williams. Any of the three could help the Cavs. Nelson now is serving as Emmanuel Mudiay’s mentor, but could be dealt for the right price. Rondo, every coach’s nightmare, is on the outs in Chicago and in a backup role since being demoted from his starting spot. Williams could be a buyout candidate for the 15-29 Mavs since this looks like a lottery season for Mark Cuban and Dirk Nowitzki.

Per Forbes.com

Jameer Nelson makes sense, and just fits under our Dunleavy TPE (could trade, say Felder + Anderson or Anderson + Osman for Nelson).

Trades for Rondo or Deron Williams would have to involve Shumpert or Channing Frye. Not sure we would want to do that. Would be interested in both in buyouts of course -- but don't think we'll get that lucky.

Much more interested in Ricky Rubio. Younger and on a long term deal.

What about this? We also send Osman to Minnesota.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ht7r3x4

Downsides are:

1.) This costs Gilbert in the vicinity of $30M -- might get vetoed by ownership (who knows). We could also send Muhammad elsewhere as part of the deal (or not include him) if

2.) Rubio is a poor shooter (more on this in a bit).

3.) Who knows if Osman is enough to make Minnesota interested. I might also throw in Felder or another pick if it makes this deal work though.

Upsides:

1.) Rubio is a premier ball handler, allows KI and LBJ to work off the ball more. I don't see Rubio playing much when LBJ and KI are both in, but I think he interfaces with both of them individually pretty well.

2.) Rubio is a + defender and is 6'4", which allows him and KI to switch off defensive assignments.

3.) Rubio's shooting woes aren't going to be as detrimental to the Cavs, since we have plenty of shooting options. By keeping Love in with the second unit we can keep a shooter at the 5 to keep appropriate spacing.

4.) I would like to see the ball in Rubio's hands, and then run screens off the ball with LBJ/Korver, LBJ/Frye or Irving/Frye ---- Rubio's ability to make the right pass in those situations would be lethal.

5.) I like the Muhammad fit on this team too -- large post-up offensive game that will give us a wrinkle we don't have (especially when other teams try to go small to combat our shooters). He will also slow down the pace of the game a bit, which might help against GS.

I'm not on a shunpert campaign either.

Well, when you try to figure out who you could trade Shumpert for -- you have to take his injury history into account.

Rubio is a high impact guy, his injury history is one of the one reasons we might be able to get him (along with his poor shooting).

It's also worth remembering that Rubio has played with Kevin Love....

One thing I didn't know:

Rubio is actually shooting a respectable 35.7% on corner 3PTers over his career:

http://nbasavant.com/player.php?ddlYear=&ddlShotMade=&ddlTeamDefense=&player_id=201937

Obviously, that's not great, but the career 30.8% 3PT percentage is a bit misleading, since so many of his 3s come from straight on.

While you normally want him on the basketball, he should have a little gravity if LBJ or KI plays PG for a possession or two.

Rubio is a pipe dream. There's no way we will get him unless we include someone like a Shump in the deal. And, I am not sure that is ideal. If we are trading Shump, it should be for a wing/forward who can deputize for LeBron and has the ability defend players like Durant or Kawhi or Butler or DeRozan etc. The back-up Point Guard has to come from other assets, be it Trade Exceptions, Draft Picks, Cedi Osman etc or from buy-outs.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."