• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I might be stupid but I am planning a switch day one so I have it out of the way and can wait. I really want to play DQ or (Dragon Warrior) in a Nintendo console again and also I have more than many game and systems to keep me busy till the Mario game that I need... I mean want. Trust me as my dumb ass will take six months to figure the damn thing out before I get excited about games. I have a PS4 a Wii-U, and a 3DS yeah freaking Nintendo, However get a PS4 because it compliments Nintendo products perfectly. Bloodborne IMO is a masterpiece because it tells a story while not having a story but when you do know it. It goes very deep to the point it could be a Lovecraft Novel.

Yeah, I'm into Dark Souls, but I don't have a PS4 so I've never played Bloodborne. It looks like an incredible experience. I'll probably pick up a Pro sometime this year when my games log clears out, since there really aren't many games coming out in 2017 (announced so far) that I want so this year should allow me to catch up on everything.

I just picked up Mario 3d world, Zelda wind waker hd and donkey kong tropical freeze for 59 dollars. I think i'm going to get Zelda breath of the wild on wii u. The switch is 300 dollars so it's going to cost me $388.80 when you include tax to play one game I can already play on a console I own. I'll look to get the switch around x-mas time next year when they have some more games like Mario Odyssey and such.

Anyone play Elite Dangerous? Its a Space combat MMO. Just got it, have not played it yet. $30 on Steam.

Anyone play Elite Dangerous? Its a Space combat MMO. Just got it, have not played it yet. $30 on Steam.
I have it. Its a very create your own adventure game. There are literally no objectives besides what you decide to do. I've played probably 15 hours and got bored. I really wanted to like it, but there was just way too much waiting while doing nothing at hyper speed. You will rarely see other real people unless you go to our solar system or participate in community goals. I've only seen 2 other real people and that was in my first half hour or so of the game.

I think @Jack Brickman has played it as well.

I have it. Its a very create your own adventure game. There are literally no objectives besides what you decide to do. I've played probably 15 hours and got bored. I really wanted to like it, but there was just way too much waiting while doing nothing at hyper speed. You will rarely see other real people unless you go to our solar system or participate in community goals. I've only seen 2 other real people and that was in my first half hour or so of the game.

I think @Jack Brickman has played it as well.
I was told you can do co-op missions with other players, hope that's true. A couple of my clan mates has the game, so at least I'll have someone to play with

Just a heads up to anyone interested, X-Com 2 is currently available for 12 bucks via Humble Bundle's monthly service. For twelve bucks you get X-Com 2 immediately and six more games (probably cheaper indie titles, but still) on February 3rd. Pretty great deal just for X-Com 2 given that it was still selling for like forty bucks during the Steam winter sale. My X-Com 2 key was a Steam key as well, and I assume that will hold true for every game (provided it's on Steam, of course), as that has been the case in the past when I've bought Humble Bundles.

It also looks like basically every month has a couple of quality games. I'm assuming a few suck every month too but for twelve bucks if you get two good games it's worth it.

I got burnt out on gaming but this usually happens when I know the Tax return could come and all the new things I will see and play.... Getting older sucks as nothing is new anymore. Anyways I am trying to complete FF15 and dive more into Dragon Quest 7 as I beat it but I love so much. I want Nier Automata because Wii-u or Switch I am getting LoZ,BoW... and I have a huge back log. Oh well game on people.

Yeah, I'm selling off a few games in today. Narrow down my backlog to just a couple, so I don't feel guilty sitting down and jamming out ME: A and tLoZ: BotW when they come out.

So is the Switch exclusively a handheld as in I can't play it on my tv?

If so fuck that. What is this, a game console for ants

Destiny has pulled me back in recently. My friend File-Shared with me the last 2 expansion packs (only reason why I got back on), and now I been playing it like a mad man to get my characters up to Light Level 400.

So is the Switch exclusively a handheld as in I can't play it on my tv?

If so fuck that. What is this, a game console for ants
No, it's a normal console that you can also remove and take on the go with you.

Started playing through Resident Evil 6 with one of my friends. We played RE5 together too, and both picked up RE6 during the Steam winter sale to give it a go. Good lord the game is just so bad, but it's at least enjoyable with a partner. I imagine the game would be borderline unplayable alone, but part of the fun of the experience is just cracking jokes about how awful everything is. The game basically opens with your character shooting the president in the face (which is a thought that is surprisingly pleasant these days) and only gets more ridiculous from there.

Can't really complain about the value, though. I paid six bucks for the game and it's going to be in the 15-20 hour range.

Can we please get a new Star Wars RPG?

darth_revan.jpg

Anyone played RE7 on VR? It looks sick as fuck and I'm seriously thinking about throwing down the cash to get the whole setup.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."