• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Denver Nuggets

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Wow. That was awesome. Anyone know when the next episode will be posted?

Denver Nuggets = Atlanta Hawks.

Love the association show. Hopefully the Cavs will be featured some year.

How so? I feel like the nuggets are significantly better then the Hawks, and have room to improve over the years as well.

Arron Afflalo - 26 years old
Corey Brewer 25
Kenneth Faried 22
Rudy Fernandez 26
Danilo Gallinari 23
Ty Lawson 24

not to mention that Andre Miller might be the best back up PG in the league right now, and hasn't shown much decline in terms of performance because of his age.

These are major players in their rotation (Faried aside, but i feel he will grow into one in a few years) and all of them are young and have several years to improve. Especially Lawson who is in his 3rd year i believe, and Gallo who is already arguably their best player.

Their front line is aging with Nene at 29, birdman at 33, and harrington at 31 but they still have kosta koufos at 22 and mozgov at 25 who are getting pretty good minutes already.

Compare that to the Hawks:
Joe Johnson - 30
Josh Smith -26
Horford 25
Marvin Williams - 25
Jeff Teague - 23

Nearly everyone else is 30+ and are on the decline.

George Karl > Larry Drew

If you are trying to say that the Nuggets will be stuck on the treadmill of mediocrity like the Hawks have been, i'm inclined to disagree. I believe they've shown so far this season that they can beat any team in the West in a playoff series right now (Big question mark is OKC however, as they have yet to play them in the regular season). I can't say the same about the Hawks in the East. I'm starting to think that the Nuggets will be at the top of the West for the next 2-3 years, especially if they can improve their front court.

Last edited:

How in the hell can you compare these teams, did you even look at the salaries? I mean that is a huge point compareing the two you can not over look. Not only that the youth, the draft picks?

Also Wilson Chandler will likely be back in March on the Nuggets. They are deep as hell. Nearly their entire bench are worthy starters.

Random related tid bit from Hollinger Chat:

matty (denver)

With Gallo's injury, does this ensure the Nuggets extend Chandler?
John Hollinger
(2:33 PM)

Thanks for the reminder -- as if Denver wasn't deep enough already, they're likely to get Wilson Chandler back in mid-March.

How in the hell can you compare these teams, did you even look at the salaries? I mean that is a huge point compareing the two you can not over look. Not only that the youth, the draft picks?

Wasn't comparing the teams this year I just meant the I think the Nuggets will become a mediocre at best kind of team like the Hawks are/were.

How so? I feel like the nuggets are significantly better then the Hawks, and have room to improve over the years as well.

Arron Afflalo - 26 years old
Corey Brewer 25
Kenneth Faried 22
Rudy Fernandez 26
Danilo Gallinari 23
Ty Lawson 24

not to mention that Andre Miller might be the best back up PG in the league right now, and hasn't shown much decline in terms of performance because of his age.

These are major players in their rotation (Faried aside, but i feel he will grow into one in a few years) and all of them are young and have several years to improve. Especially Lawson who is in his 3rd year i believe, and Gallo who is already arguably their best player.

Their front line is aging with Nene at 29, birdman at 33, and harrington at 31 but they still have kosta koufos at 22 and mozgov at 25 who are getting pretty good minutes already.

Compare that to the Hawks:
Joe Johnson - 30
Josh Smith -26
Horford 25
Marvin Williams - 25
Jeff Teague - 23

Nearly everyone else is 30+ and are on the decline.

George Karl > Larry Drew

If you are trying to say that the Nuggets will be stuck on the treadmill of mediocrity like the Hawks have been, i'm inclined to disagree. I believe they've shown so far this season that they can beat any team in the West in a playoff series right now (Big question mark is OKC however, as they have yet to play them in the regular season). I can't say the same about the Hawks in the East. I'm starting to think that the Nuggets will be at the top of the West for the next 2-3 years, especially if they can improve their front court.

That's what I was trying to say. I wasn't comparing players or anything. I just don't see them ever winning a championship without a superstar like the Hawks have done the past 5 years or so. They will be a 2nd round and done kind of team. IMO

Wasn't comparing the teams this year I just meant the I think the Nuggets will become a mediocre at best kind of team like the Hawks are/were.

That's what I was trying to say. I wasn't comparing players or anything. I just don't see them ever winning a championship without a superstar like the Hawks have done the past 5 years or so. They will be a 2nd round and done kind of team. IMO

If they were in the East, I would be a little more inclined to agree. The Heat and Bulls would be a very difficult challenge for them I think. However the West seems like a crap shoot in terms of who will make the finals.

and I don't buy the whole "need a superstar to win in the playoffs" argument. But I can't really prove anything until the playoffs come so oh well.

When the 2017-2018 season ends, just donate it to RCF.

That is one HELL of a memory. I love it.

I'd imagine @Ben would prefer it goes to cancer or some form of it? If not, yes I will donate to the site or split between the two.

That is one HELL of a memory. I love it.

I'd imagine @Ben would prefer it goes to cancer or some form of it? If not, yes I will donate to the site or split between the two.

To be fair, I bookmarked this thread once they lost to Golden State and Iggy left.

Continually dismayed at Denvers length of commitment to Nurkic when Jokic might be the most underrated player in league....

Jokic is a goddamn monster.....

Just goes to show how far off evaluators can often be....they initially thought Nurcic was the stud.....Jokic is a beast

I'm looking around the West, who do they really have to contend with? Remember, this is a 7 year bet... Dallas, unless they get Dwight and/or Deron, is screwed. SAS probably has 1 good year left. The Lakers look done. It really looks like the only real competition Denver will have is OKC, LAC, Memphis... anyone else?

I love reading this stuff.

We now know that San Anontio never dies. Ever. I'll never type a thing like "San Antonio is probably close to done" again in my life. I actually need to see them have a losing season first.

Also, here comes Golden State completely out of the fucking blue.

I love reading this stuff.

We now know that San Anontio never dies. Ever. I'll never type a thing like "San Antonio is probably close to done" again in my life. I actually need to see them have a losing season first.

Also, here comes Golden State completely out of the fucking blue.

Yeah, no kidding. Pretty sure when I made that post, it was after SA lost in the first round to Dallas. Can't remember if they'd traded for Leonard yet or not, either way, he wasn't close to what he is now. GS came out of nowhere. Basically impossible to predict that far into the future.

Feeling good about the Denver bet though... ha

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."