• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 NFL playoff thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You know...I really like Belichick, and I think he's the modern day Paul Brown.

He also:
-Despised Grossi/Cleveland Press and didn't take shit from them.
-Hates Modell, and thought he fucked us all over.
-Still likes Browns fans apparently
-Wants to see Cleveland "good" again.
-Wanted to coach here in 99 while everyone else (including brian billick, fuck him) laughed us off. If Only Carman Policy and Al Lerner weren't walking dunce caps...

It's really sad we never got to see him truly work his magic here...It just makes me more resentful we've been the victim of some of the dumbest owners within the sport.

But I'm actually bizarrely happy for the guy. I was actually happy to see him pick up another ring.
94 was the only year I followed the browns.

Makes sense.

He also:
-Wanted to coach here in 99 while everyone else (including brian billick, fuck him) laughed us off. If Only Carman Policy and Al Lerner weren't walking dunce caps...

It's really sad we never got to see him truly work his magic here...It just makes me more resentful we've been the victim of some of the dumbest owners within the sport.

But I'm actually bizarrely happy for the guy. I was actually happy to see him pick up another ring.

I have nothing against him. I think most of the hate comes from the fact that he was such an asshole to the media. But, you know what, fuck the Cleveland media. They are assholes.

Anyone that doesn't think he's a great coach, and the greatest modern coach ever is a denial fool though.

Trades away his best defensive player. Loses his best skilled player in Gronk (I know Brady is his best player), and they win it all.

He also:

Uh Browns fans would have had epic meltdowns if Belicheck had been the coach on return. He was universally portrayed as a moron by Browns fans up until his 3rd Super Bowl and was severely disliked. Let's not play revisionist history here and act like Policy and Lerner turned their noses up at Bill- they didn't do it because it would have been a PR nightmare.

He also:

Not to mention he and Bernie buried the hatchet years ago and by all accounts are on very good terms. If Bernie can get past his own animosity for Belichick everyone else here should.

As far as Cleveland fans are concerned, I think Belichick just recognizes and appreciates the passion for football people here have at all levels, be it high school, small college, and on up to the Browns.

Uh Browns fans would have had epic meltdowns if Belicheck had been the coach on return. He was universally portrayed as a moron by Browns fans up until his 3rd Super Bowl and was severely disliked. Let's not play revisionist history here and act like Policy and Lerner turned their noses up at Bill- they didn't do it because it would have been a PR nightmare.

I actually remember people saying during the 1994 season that it was kind of a shame the Browns were doing so well because it meant Belichick wouldn't get fired. Seriously.

As far as the PR implications of Belichick being hired in 1999 are concerned I don't disagree... but had he come in here and made this team competitive reasonably quickly the fans would have swallowed their bile- especially if Belichick's hiring had come with Bernie's endorsement.

I have nothing against him. I think most of the hate comes from the fact that he was such an asshole to the media. But, you know what, fuck the Cleveland media. They are assholes.

Anyone that doesn't think he's a great coach, and the greatest modern coach ever is a denial fool though.

Trades away his best defensive player. Loses his best skilled player in Gronk (I know Brady is his best player), and they win it all.

I do think the media is a part of the problem in this city. Some of the reporting out there is kinda absurd.

I actually remember people saying during the 1994 season that it was kind of a shame the Browns were doing so well because it meant Belichick wouldn't get fired. Seriously.

As far as the PR implications of Belichick being hired in 1999 are concerned I don't disagree... but had he come in here and made this team competitive reasonably quickly the fans would have swallowed their bile- especially if Belichick's hiring had come with Bernie's endorsement.

Especially considering the fact that nearly every coaching candidate in the league laughed hung up the phones as quickly as that "216" area code came up.

Bernie would have sold these guys on Bill quickly, and I imagine Bill would have put him on his staff even (he's actually hired Bernie to do some freelance fwiw).

Not to mention he and Bernie buried the hatchet years ago and by all accounts are on very good terms. If Bernie can get past his own animosity for Belichick everyone else here should.

As far as Cleveland fans are concerned, I think Belichick just recognizes and appreciates the passion for football people here have at all levels, be it high school, small college, and on up to the Browns.

My friend is a pats fan and says you can tell he likes Browns fan..and is very saddened at how garbage the franchise is right now.

I think Bill was not the sort of the hire you'd get for a team that was only a year removed from being in the AFC Championship game. He wanted to instill a new culture and create a team in his image. He didn't want to continue with MartyBall. Short team? That was a mistake.

Cowher..in theory would have been the better hire short term. Long term? Belichick clearly is the GOAT. With what I just described ?He'd have been PERFECT for an expansion team like the 99 Browns who had absolutely no culture to speak off and still do not.

Fans hated him because he got rid of Kosar. But fans have been proven to be dumb. Kosar was a fan favorite. And Belichick didn't give a fuck about that. He'd make those tough decisions and he's proven that to this day. He still makes them.

One day, when Brady is on the decline, he will cut him and move on from him. Patriot fans will be upset, but maybe it won't be the outcry given the success Bill has had.

But remember, he did this to Bledsoe too, whom at the time was very popular and beloved in New England.

It's what he does. It's not personal. He's not into sentimental stories, he's about winning. If he thinks your time has come, out you go. Regardless how Bill feels personally. Hell, he cut Bruschi and was nearly in tears over it.

What people forget is that Bernie and Bill are actually very close. Bernie took it personal at the time, but they rekindled and have a great relationship to this day.

Doing what the fans wanted landed us Manziel

Could give a shit less what the fans want. Just do the best thing for the franchise at all times

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."