• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trade Rumor(s)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Late 1st? how can you know that?
Pick would be lottery protected. I don't see the current Cavs as ever being a 6-8 seed type team. Either we have our guys and we're a top team, or the run is over and we're rebuilding and in the lottery. Just how I see it at least.

show me a stat that says Chandler is a difference maker. His RPM is -1 and he isn't an efficient shooter or a great defender. What's an Igoudala like impact? what do you mean that? He isn't close to being the defender Igoudalas is or the playmaker he is. Igaoudala was a very good player before he joined GSW while Chandler is average according to advanced stats.
He can score but he doesn't do it efficiently and he isn't going to put up 15 shots a game in Cleveland. We need niche players that are above average in their roles. I don't think he is what we need, honestly man, not for that price.

I think you're doing Chandler a big disservice and his situations have hurt his numbers, big time. He's an above average player. A lot of things indicate he'd be very good playing on a contender /next to LBJ. Im at work now, but we can have this debate later for sure.

So this is basically a done deal, right?

SWWP_Ads_RayMabry_20151019_568-Edit.jpg

Paul George:-

"As I told Larry, I always want to play on a winning team. I always want to be part of a team that has a chance to win it [all]. That's important.

"Say what you want; I want to compete for something. It's frustrating just playing the game for stats or for numbers or to showcase yourself. Man, I want a chance to play for a chance to win a championship.

"I wanted to be the first and want to be the first to be able to bring a championship to Indiana. So that's still on my mind ... and something I definitely want to achieve in Indiana."

http://www.espn.in/nba/story/_/id/1...tal-signing-contract-extension-indiana-pacers

Ready to start the safari, amigos?

Detroit looking to move Reggie Jackson for peanuts. I know he's been bad this year but he's still young. He's been hurt this year. He'd be a great backup. He'd be expensive but IMO worth it.

Shump+Cedi+2021 first is such an overpay.. I don't even know how you you can ever do that. Please tell me what's so special about Chandler? Igoudala and him are not even close.

There's such a good chance that Osman's value is at the highest it will ever be.

Chandler's just a better player than Shumpert, and he fits a need more than Shumpert does. Easy call, honestly.

When comparing veteran role players, there's one stat I generally look at first. Minutes. Brandan Wright was always an example of a great advanced statistic guy, yet no coach would ever play him big minutes? Why? Well, you're only left to assume that the statistics were lying, or he was incapable of maintaining that production in a larger role. One coach not giving him big minutes could just mean that coach was wrong. But when EVERY coach did it?

So, with that said, there's a reason that Wilson Chandler has had 7 seasons playing above 30 minutes a game, and only 3 where he didn't. One of those 3 was his rookie year, and another was where he only played in 8 games due to injury.

Shumpert, meanwhile, hasn't found a coach that has trusted him enough to get 30 minutes a game in a season. Good teams, bad teams, good coaches, bad coaches. None of have done it.

There's a reason for that.

Detroit looking to move Reggie Jackson for peanuts. I know he's been bad this year but he's still young. He's been hurt this year. He'd be a great backup. He'd be expensive but IMO worth it.

He doesn't want to be a back-up and the Cavs are never going to pay that much for a back-up. Not when they're also paying the starting shooting guard 13 or whatever million a year. Never not ever.

Last edited:
So, this article by Haynes appears to be sourced by Indiana's front office.

He's talking about just how hard the Pacers are trying to find help for Paul George. How the Pacers are willing to go so far as to give up their 2017 1st rounder and just how precious it is, a pick that is likely to not be the in lottery. A good, decent pick, for sure...but he really plays it up. Talks about how George wants to bring a title to Indiana. It appears to me to be the front office trying to let George know just how hard they're working. But, let's play along, because Indiana has players that could be useful to this squad in a multi-team deal.

Indiana has some cape space currently, so they can trade a smaller contract, like Ellis, and get a a decent sized bigger contract back.

They either need a 2/3 guard/forward guy, and George can play the other spot, or a true 4.

So they can go about this two ways. One, they can try and trade for a guy who currently has a bad contract, hoping they can turn it around in Indiana. Primarily looking at Kent Bazemore and Chandler Parsons. Evan Turner if they're desperate. They have the flexibility and the contracts to allow those teams to ultimately save a ton of money over the long haul on guys who are way, way under performing their deals. In return, they hope that those guys can turn back into what they once were w/o giving up anything of great, great value (outside of flexibility). This is probably not gonna be the preferred way, as Indiana has made it known they don't want to be a tax team.

The other route is you make your pick available and some of your decent contracts available. Currently, CJ Miles and Rodney Stuckey are productive players underpaid compared to the salary cap. A team that's looking to rebuild and is willing to trade a good player to get a decent draft pick could get worse fillers than those two.

So, I'm looking at Millsap as possible target that's actually worth the pick. Potentially Nic Batum. Then you start getting into guys who, while they have value, probably aren't worth the 1st. Wilson Chandler, John Henson (try and play he and Turner together), Tobias Harris are some other guys who you could possibly make a case are worth that pick, guys who can probably be had for a decent contract and a mid-2017 1st (maybe not Harris, I'm not sure what Detroit is doing), but honestly, probably don't move the needle for Indiana that much.

Millsap, I'd say, is the target they should be aiming for. Or........

They can truly swing for the fences and make Myles Turner available. If they're serious about getting Paul George real, star player help right this very moment, because he could leave in a year and a half, then making Turner available is the surest fire way to do it. Now, would it be smart? Probably not.....but teams trying to retain their franchise players can sometimes do not smart things.

So, I'm looking straight at Portland and CJ McCollum. They're under performing dramatically. Their pay roll is massive, and that's BEFORE McCollum's giant extension kicks in next year.

They're scheduled to have 136 million in active contract salary next year. Even if you remove Ezeli's 7 million dollars (non-guaranteed) you've still got an enormous number for a team that, right now, isn't even going to make the playoffs. To put that into perspective, even minus Ezeli's contract next year, they are still scheduled, if nothing else changes, to have a higher payroll than THE CAVS next season. I get Paul Allen has a boatload of money....but even if that was Warren Buffett who owned that team, he wouldn't continue paying that type of cash for that type of product.

The Lillard/McCollum pairing, while scoring a ton, isn't leading to wins. If Indiana came to them right now and offered them a deal centered around their 2017 1st and Myles Turner? I think Portland would be hard pressed to pass that up.

Which brings me to my point, Indiana has a lot of decent contracts that they can involve in a trade for a high priced guy. The team they are trading with might not be so willing to take on all of those contracts. If, for instance, Lavoy Allen, or CJ Miles, or Aaron Brooks have to be included in a deal to make salaries work, that's a potential Trade Exception target, or possibly more, depending on the parts.

If Indiana is active in the trade market, they've got the type of deals and the type of players we could use, if we are willing to take on more salary (which I'm not so confident in these days).

Anyway, here is the Haynes article.

NEW ORLEANS -- In an attempt to secure help for All-Star forward Paul George, the Indiana Pacers have made their 2017 first-round pick available in a trade, league sources said.

In what is considered to be a deep draft, the Pacers are hoping that such an asset would translate to the addition of either an established wing or established frontline player, according to sources.

There is hesitancy within the organization to relinquish the precious pick, but the Pacers (29-28) have lost six in a row (only the nine-win Nets currently have a longer losing streak, at 14 games) and are only two games from dropping into the eighth and final playoff spot in the East.

George can opt out of his contract at the end of the 2017-18 season. The Pacers have a small window to provide him with a championship-type supporting cast.

And whether he signs an extension this summer probably will be predicated on the moves the franchise can execute up to that point.

George is fixated on bringing a title to Indiana. On numerous occasions, including on Friday, he has voiced his desire to be a revered Pacers figure.

"I wanted to be the first and want to be the first to be able to bring a championship to Indiana," George told ESPN Radio on Friday morning. "So that's still on my mind ... and something I definitely want to achieve in Indiana."

The Pacers were supposed to take the next step up and challenge the Cleveland Cavaliers after acquiring point guard Jeff Teague and power forward Thaddeus Young via separate trades last offseason, but that hasn't been the case.

Teague started the season slowly but has found a balance. Young has sat out the past eight games with a wrist injury, although he's expected to return to the lineup after the All-Star break.

The NBA trade deadline is Thursday

Last edited:
So, this article by Haynes appears to be sourced by Indiana's front office.

He's talking about just how hard the Pacers are trying to find help for Paul George. How the Pacers are willing to go so far as to give up their 2017 1st rounder and just how precious it is, a pick that is likely to not be the in lottery. A good, decent pick, for sure...but he really plays it up. Talks about how George wants to bring a title to Indiana. It appears to me to be the front office trying to let George know just how hard they're working. But, let's play along, because Indiana has players that could be useful to this squad in a multi-team deal.

Indiana has some cape space currently, so they can trade a smaller contract, like Ellis, and get a a decent sized bigger contract back.

They either need a 2/3 guard/forward guy, and George can play the other spot, or a true 4.

So they can go about this two ways. One, they can try and trade for a guy who currently has a bad contract, hoping they can turn it around in Indiana. Primarily looking at Kent Bazemore and Chandler Parsons. Evan Turner if they're desperate. They have the flexibility and the contracts to allow those teams to ultimately save a ton of money over the long haul on guys who are way, way under performing their deals. In return, they hope that those guys can turn back into what they once were w/o giving up anything of great, great value (outside of flexibility). This is probably not gonna be the preferred way, as Indiana has made it known they don't want to be a tax team.

The other route is you make your pick available and some of your decent contracts available. Currently, CJ Miles and Rodney Stuckey are productive players underpaid compared to the salary cap. A team that's looking to rebuild and is willing to trade a good player to get a decent draft pick could get worse fillers than those two.

So, I'm looking at Millsap as possible target that's actually worth the pick. Potentially Nic Batum. Then you start getting into guys who, while they have value, probably aren't worth the 1st. Wilson Chandler, John Henson (try and play he and Turner together), Tobias Harris are some other guys who you could possibly make a case are worth that pick, guys who can probably be had for a decent contract and a mid-2017 1st (maybe not Harris, I'm not sure what Detroit is doing), but honestly, probably don't move the needle for Indiana that much.

Millsap, I'd say, is the target they should be aiming for. Or........

They can truly swing for the fences and make Myles Turner available. If they're serious about getting Paul George real, star player help right this very moment, because he could leave in a year and a half, then making Turner available is the surest fire way to do it. Now, would it be smart? Probably not.....but teams trying to retain their franchise players can sometimes do not smart things.

So, I'm looking straight at Portland and CJ McCollum. They're under performing dramatically. Their pay roll is massive, and that's BEFORE McCollum's giant extension kicks in next year.

They're scheduled to have 136 million in active contract salary next year. Even if you remove Ezeli's 7 million dollars (non-guaranteed) you've still got an enormous number for a team that, right now, isn't even going to make the playoffs. To put that into perspective, even minus Ezeli's contract next year, they are still scheduled, if nothing else changes, to have a higher payroll than THE CAVS next season. I get Paul Allen has a boatload of money....but even if that was Warren Buffett who owned that team, he wouldn't continue paying that type of cash for that type of product.

The Lillard/McCollum pairing, while scoring a ton, isn't leading to wins. If Indiana came to them right now and offered them a deal centered around their 2017 1st and Myles Turner? I think Portland would be hard pressed to pass that up.

Which brings me to my point, Indiana has a lot of decent contracts that they can involve in a trade for a high priced guy. The team they are trading with might not be so willing to take on all of those contracts. If, for instance, Lavoy Allen, or CJ Miles, or Aaron Brooks have to be included in a deal to make salaries work, that's a potential Trade Exception target, or possibly more, depending on the parts.

If Indiana is active in the trade market, they've got the type of deals and the type of players we could use, if we are willing to take on more salary (which I'm not so confident in these days).

Anyway, here is the Haynes article.

TL;Did read. As far as i'm concerned, Indiana shouldn't do any dumb moves like that in order to please PG. He isn't Lebron and he isn't able to carry a team by himself.
They should trade him if he doesn't want to stay there but trying to make trades just to please him while sacrificing future flexibilty and assets seems like a wrong move.

They are not going to contend doing these sort of trades.

Sam The Bullshit Whisperer reporting that TWolves are very interested in Shump.

I am assuming that if we do trade Shump, it would be for someone like Rubio.

I would do that trade tbh. Shump's defense has fallen off quite considerably and while he has really improved his 3-point shooting, it can't be relied upon in big games. What I am torn about is the fact that if we do trade Shump for Rubio, do we keep Rubio or do we trade him away for someone else?

Rubio is the perfect ball-handler we all have especially LeBron has been desperately wanting. He would allow us to rest LeBron more because he is a very good floor general and can run those second units. He is also a very good defender. In fact, a better defender than Shump whose is our so called "defensive guard".

The only issue, that too a pretty major one is his shooting. Can it really be worked upon and improved? We do have some quality shooters/vets in Korver and James Jones. May be they work with him and help him improve his 3-point shooting a bit? We don't need him to shoot lights out. Just needs to shoot as a decent clip from one or two zones. That would be enough.

Or, we could just trade him away for some back-up PG + back-up Big.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."