• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2016-2017 Around The NBA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Boston now 4 back in the loss column to us and we have with 27 games left to play...

I really think they are gonna had a difficult time catching us.

We play in Boston two times. If we win just one, we get the tiebreaker.

Both of those games are pretty close to "must-wins" for the Celtics. If the Cavs win even 1, that means we have to lose 6 times more than the Celtics lose after the ASB for them to pass us for the 1 seed.

Even with this Love injury, I think the Cavs getting the one seed is a pretty safe bet even if we give LeBron 4-5 games off. We usually play great ball in March.

Boston now 4 back in the loss column to us and we have with 27 games left to play...

I really think they are gonna had a difficult time catching us.

We play in Boston two times. If we win just one, we get the tiebreaker.

Both of those games are pretty close to "must-wins" for the Celtics. If the Cavs win even 1, that means we have to lose 6 times more than the Celtics lose after the ASB for them to pass us for the 1 seed.

Even with this Love injury, I think the Cavs getting the one seed is a pretty safe bet even if we give LeBron 4-5 games off. We usually play great ball in March.
I wouldn't go betting money..

Cavs have the second hardest remaining schedule, with 15 of the remaining 24 games being away, and 7 back to backs

I wouldn't go betting money..

Cavs have the second hardest remaining schedule, with 15 of the remaining 24 games being away, and 7 back to backs

Yeah but the Cavs also use March as their "ramp-up" month.

I'd actually bet good money on us getting the 1 seed depending on the odds. (any idea what they'd be if I wanted to make that wager today?)

Hard to see Boston catching us.

Even if the Cavs were mediocre like 19-8 the Celtics would need to be 24-3 or so.

It just seems pretty unlikely.

Especially considering we play the Celtics, as do the Warriors, Wizards, Clippers etc

It's been a pretty quite trade deadline season so far for the eague in general... boring...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

It's been a pretty quite trade deadline season so far for the eague in general... boring...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I think you have a few things working against an active trade deadline.

1) The competitiveness for the 8th seed. Lots of teams are still really close to getting the final playoff spot in both conferences. So not as many teams selling.

2) On the other side, I think you have a lot of teams unwilling to really invest in buying players because they know that it won't make them good enough to really compete with the Cavs, Warriors, Spurs. Toronto took a leap but became desperate with their fading record and an unhappy soon to be FA in Lowry. I think a team like Boston probably just decides stay put and continue building with their Nets pick.

3) I feel like the league is still waiting by to see if someone like Melo gets moved. Sort of like during FA when most other deals and signings happened after a guy like Durant or LeBron or Howard signed depending on the year.

Wow, those tweets sure make it seem like he's getting traded. Teams no longer getting calls back, one team just flat out eliminated... seems like maybe some small details (protections on picks?) are getting worked out?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."