• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Draft Prospects

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
@Randolphkeys since you are the Saint Mary's guy, what's been going on with Jock Landale so far this season?

Ooooh, that is an emerging big man who should be on the NBA radar. Last season, he was a 6'11 sixth man who was still growing into his frame. St. Mary's has a lot of solid shooting, but they needed somebody who will draw a double team. So far, it looks like the big Aussie is going to be that guy who draws double teams. He has been working with the Australian national program, didn't make the Boomers Olympic squad, but he and the St. Mary's point guard will likely make Boomer teams in the future.

Next level, he needs to show more outside of the low block. The worry is that he doesn't have NBA shooting range. However, he makes buckets at the college level. I need to see him matched up against skilled bigs with an NBA or Euroleague ceiling because he is destroying the competition so far.

Ooooh, that is an emerging big man who should be on the NBA radar. Last season, he was a 6'11 sixth man who was still growing into his frame. St. Mary's has a lot of solid shooting, but they needed somebody who will draw a double team. So far, it looks like the big Aussie is going to be that guy who draws double teams. He has been working with the Australian national program, didn't make the Boomers Olympic squad, but he and the St. Mary's point guard will likely make Boomer teams in the future.

Next level, he needs to show more outside of the low block. The worry is that he doesn't have NBA shooting range. However, he makes buckets at the college level. I need to see him matched up against skilled bigs with an NBA or Euroleague ceiling because he is destroying the competition so far.

Yup...I just saw a C averaging 20 points a game on 75% shooting and thought that was ridiculous. Then saw he played for St. Mary's so I figured I'd ask.

Looks like he is a really good FT shooter, so he has to have a decent shot...maybe he just isn't asked to show outside range if his purpose is to draw doubles on the block to get shooters open?

I'm guessing Gonzaga will be the most skilled team he sees this year until the tournament. Will be interesting to see how he does there.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article...eason-Scouting-Report-and-Video-Analysis-5739
I think this is the guy the Cavs should look to target. He moves extremely well for a 7'2 guy, good hands, good lob target and has a lot of potential.
Has great form, already shooting 3's albeit with a small sample size 5-8 for the season so far.
Can put the ball on the floor, looks quick for his size and to me, he looks like a "poor man's Porzingis.

Going to be a lot of good prospects where the Cavs were supposed to pick.
That's a deep deep draft..

Obviously the Cavs will have no shot at him, but holy shit is Josh Jackson impressive for having such an ugly looking shot.

One of the rare years where each of the top-5 picks (Fultz, Smith, Ball, Jackson, Tatum) could all make a case for #1.

One of the rare years where each of the top-5 picks (Fultz, Smith, Ball, Jackson, Tatum) could all make a case for #1.

Good year for some good seniors to go undrafted. Hopefully we go high priority on a guy like we did with Delly.

Good year for some good seniors to go undrafted. Hopefully we go high priority on a guy like we did with Delly.
Both are projected in the mid-second round right now, but Nigel Hayes and Dillon Brooks are two bigger wings that I'd like to take a flier on.

God, that Nets trade.......that has to be demoralizing if you are a Brooklyn fan. Brooklyn has the worst record in the league by a mile, so Boston is all but guaranteed one of those players.

Boston faces a weird decision though. Thomas will be 29 and Horford will be 31 this year. They currently are staring at a Cavs team with LBJ and two other young star players. Do you just bide your time with Brown and the Brooklyn #1 this year? Or do you try to sell off pieces and go all in to try to win a title? Their two best players are in win now mode but I'm not even sure what you do.

In a weaker East, it is almost fools gold......because of how much better the Cavs are. But I'm sure Ainge is at least getting antsy with these assets. Especially after seeing Cousins moved for next to nothing.

If the Cavs want a Shump replacement, find a way to get Josh Hart. That kid is fantastic.

If the Cavs want a Shump replacement, find a way to get Josh Hart. That kid is fantastic.

I'd try to trade Shump for a 1st round pick and if it doesn't work perhaps two early 2nds.
Some nice players to be had.

Lonzo Ball is going to have to shut his dad up soon. His dad is saying some stupid stuff.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."