• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Andrew Wiggins

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
What's weird about Tatum vs. Jackson is it reminds me totally of Wiggins vs. Parker... except, in this case, Wiggins has Jabari's motor and vice versa.

I've fallen in love with Jackson as a prospect though, so I'm totally willing to admit I could be wrong. I think he's easily Self's second best pro prospect in his KU career (behind Embiid). He's just a phenomenal basketball player that has unbelievable basketball instincts. Can't say I've seen the same from Tatum, but I haven't watched him as much.

And I just can't help but shake that Kawhi Leonard comparison. If you watch Leonard's SDSU highlights then watch Jackson... they're remarkably similar in the way they play.

Last edited:
Here's the problem for Boston. Three of the top 5 prospects are point guards and their best player is a point guard. The other two are wings and neither of them look like star players to me (especially Jackson). They just drafted a wing (who I dont like) and have a good starting wing in Crowder. They need to make a trade one way or another. Either the pick, or when of there players to make room for the pick.

Perhaps you can take Fultz and move Avery Bradley or Smart. Or you could take ball and make Thomas more of a scorer?? Isn't he already that guy? If they take a wing they need to move Jaylen for pennies on the dollar. A star big is out of the question, it doesn't exist in this top 5.

They should have tried moving this pick for Cousins. If it was off the table then they are retarded because they have had issues drafting and they needed foresight here with draft position and team composition. This pick, Jaylen Brown, and matching salaries is way better than Sac got for Cousins and there is nobody in this draft that looks to be as good as Cousins, and they needed a star big the most...

It works out extremely well for the cavs, but both the kings and Celtics missed out here big time.

Agree completely. Can't understand why the Celtics refused to pull the trigger here. Sure Cousins is always a bit of a risk, but Stevens plus the Celtics organization and history should have been enough to keep him in line, and in a basketball sense he has just the skill set they need. Their major problem is that all their talent is in the backcourt except for Horford and he is obviously not a force inside.

But I'm glad they didn't.

Boston has a 5'10 defensive liability that can score at PG.. Ball IMO has a chance to be a superstar with much better size .. Thomas is a
Good scorer but that is about it

What's weird about Tatum vs. Jackson is it reminds me totally of Wiggins vs. Parker... except, in this case, Wiggins has Jabari's motor and vice versa.

I've fallen in love with Jackson as a prospect though, so I'm totally willing to admit I could be wrong. I think he's easily Self's second best pro prospect in his KU career (behind Embiid). He's just a phenomenal basketball player that has unbelievable basketball instincts. Can't say I've seen the same from Tatum, but I haven't watched him as much.

And I just can't help but shake that Kawhi Leonard comparison. If you watch Leonard's SDSU highlights then watch Jackson... they're remarkably similar in the way they play.
kawhi is a physical freak. Long arms and giant hands, the greek freak is a freak, giant hands and long arms. Rudy Gobert, long arms. The physical freaks are turning into star players.

Jackson has the standing reach of a shooting guard and his wingspan is only an inch larger than his height. He's barely pushing 200 lbs. This isn't good for small forward. Underweight and undersized. I seems like he has a good motor, but his skills aren't up to par and neither is his physical profile.

Boston has a 5'10 defensive liability that can score at PG.. Ball IMO has a chance to be a superstar with much better size .. Thomas is a
Good scorer but that is about it
30 points per game on .63 TS is more than just a good scorer. That is top shelf scoring that few people make. He is leading his team to the second seed in the east. We need to stop downplaying rivals/competition.

He is a good scorer...that can't guard anyone on our team or GS the two best teams in the league ... Just saying it's great they go thru him in the 4th and he can fill it up but he is gonna give up as much or more than he scores vs top PG .. If I'm Boston I jump on Ball if he is available ... Now them not trading their own 1st and a mixture of Bradley, Crowder, Smart, Brown, or Rozier for Cousins is dumb I agree...

He is a good scorer...that can't guard anyone on our team or GS the two best teams in the league ... Just saying it's great they go thru him in the 4th and he can fill it up but he is gonna give up as much or more than he scores vs top PG .. If I'm Boston I jump on Ball if he is available ... Now them not trading their own 1st and a mixture of Bradley, Crowder, Smart, Brown, or Rozier for Cousins is dumb I agree...
Couldn't you say the exact same thing about Kyrie Irving?

kawhi is a physical freak. Long arms and giant hands, the greek freak is a freak, giant hands and long arms. Rudy Gobert, long arms. The physical freaks are turning into star players.

Jackson has the standing reach of a shooting guard and his wingspan is only an inch larger than his height. He's barely pushing 200 lbs. This isn't good for small forward. Underweight and undersized. I seems like he has a good motor, but his skills aren't up to par and neither is his physical profile.

That's all fair. However, two points left out:

1. As we all know, players don't put on any weight after the age of 20... and as far as measurables are concerned, Kawhi definitely has that freakish reach on him, plus those hands, I'll give you that. But Josh has already measured out taller w/o shoes than Kawhi did at the combine, and it wouldn't surprise me if he grew an inch to be a true 6-8. And while my initial comment was obviously steeped in sarcasm, you have to think he put on some muscle mass in his year at Kansas. I've seen first hand the insane impact they have on these guys. Just look at a guy like Withey from his junior to senior year, or LaGerald Vick from last year to this.

2. Physical freaks turning into star players doesn't mean players without freakishly long arms can't turn into star players. This league is filled with players that are of average measurements (relatively speaking, in reality, all of these guys are physical freaks) that are also superstars. And I have to say, I think you are seriously underselling Jackson's skills. The kid is putting up better numbers across the board in his freshman year than Leonard did in his sophomore year, and he's doing it against better competition while being asked to guard out of position.

I think a lot of people forget what Leonard looked like coming out of SDSU. We all know what Leonard became, and people laugh at teams that passed on him. People thought he could be really good, but how many saw him becoming a 26 ppg guy you could run the offense through while he guarded the other team's best player? Maybe a couple... but not a lot. Hell, even fewer thought he could become a decent shooter, let alone a guy you can't leave open.

When I say Josh has Leonard potential, the key word there is potential. I'm not saying he will become Kawhi, but all of the tools are there. If he ends up in the right situation, it would not surprise me one bit if he reached that level in 6-7 years.

Even with all that, I agree Ball is the best prospect, and I'd even consider Fultz or Smith over Jackson. I do not agree that Tatum is better, though I can understand the reasoning. At the end of the day, this draft is going to come down to fit, I think. A team like Philly is definitely taking a PG. The Celtics... probably a PG. The Suns, I would think, are a wing team. The Magic strike me as a PG team. I think the Wolves go wing, if they are concerned about LaVine, PG if they don't think Dunn is the answer.

All that said, it's kind of dumb for us to have this argument. We can't know the answer for years, and the Cavs have no shot at any of these guys.

(Ugh, I feel like Eli's Eyes the way I'm caping for Jackson :chuckle:.... he's 100x better than Perry Jones though ha)

That's all fair. However, two points left out:

1. As we all know, players don't put on any weight after the age of 20... and as far as measurables are concerned, Kawhi definitely has that freakish reach on him, plus those hands, I'll give you that. But Josh has already measured out taller w/o shoes than Kawhi did at the combine, and it wouldn't surprise me if he grew an inch to be a true 6-8. And while my initial comment was obviously steeped in sarcasm, you have to think he put on some muscle mass in his year at Kansas. I've seen first hand the insane impact they have on these guys. Just look at a guy like Withey from his junior to senior year, or LaGerald Vick from last year to this.

2. Physical freaks turning into star players doesn't mean players without freakishly long arms can't turn into star players. This league is filled with players that are of average measurements (relatively speaking, in reality, all of these guys are physical freaks) that are also superstars. And I have to say, I think you are seriously underselling Jackson's skills. The kid is putting up better numbers across the board in his freshman year than Leonard did in his sophomore year, and he's doing it against better competition while being asked to guard out of position.

I think a lot of people forget what Leonard looked like coming out of SDSU. We all know what Leonard became, and people laugh at teams that passed on him. People thought he could be really good, but how many saw him becoming a 26 ppg guy you could run the offense through while he guarded the other team's best player? Maybe a couple... but not a lot. Hell, even fewer thought he could become a decent shooter, let alone a guy you can't leave open.

When I say Josh has Leonard potential, the key word there is potential. I'm not saying he will become Kawhi, but all of the tools are there. If he ends up in the right situation, it would not surprise me one bit if he reached that level in 6-7 years.

Even with all that, I agree Ball is the best prospect, and I'd even consider Fultz or Smith over Jackson. I do not agree that Tatum is better, though I can understand the reasoning. At the end of the day, this draft is going to come down to fit, I think. A team like Philly is definitely taking a PG. The Celtics... probably a PG. The Suns, I would think, are a wing team. The Magic strike me as a PG team. I think the Wolves go wing, if they are concerned about LaVine, PG if they don't think Dunn is the answer.

All that said, it's kind of dumb for us to have this argument. We can't know the answer for years, and the Cavs have no shot at any of these guys.

(Ugh, I feel like Eli's Eyes the way I'm caping for Jackson :chuckle:.... he's 100x better than Perry Jones though ha)

At least you didn't project a 28-13-6-4blocks stat-line on 50/40/90 in your post :chuckle::chuckle:

Somewhat, but while Kyrie is bad, he has at least shown postseason defensive capability when it matters most, and even comparing regular season numbers...4-1/450 vs 450/45...but in ACTUAL DRPM, Isiah's is so much worse than even #449 , it's amazing how poor his defensive #'s have been, considering they go out of their way to hide him defensively all the time anyways!!!

IBWT summed that up very nice in his post...also I mean it was pretty evident Kyrie can play some very good Def when he wants...he did an excellent job on Curry in the Finals...how soon we forget

@wremy @InBoobieWeTrust It really isn't evident. I have been over this ad nauseam in the Kyrie thread. His defense was the same throughout the playoffs up until the last three games of the finals.

We keep pushing this false narrative that Kyrie was this defender all of a sudden in the playoffs and it isn't true outside of three critical games (fortunately for us)

LOL, okay, just slam the disagree button. The data has been posted in the Kyrie thread multiple times. He isn't this defensive guy in the post season that we all tell ourselves.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/202681/defense-dash/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Playoffs

and now the last three games where he became a neutral defender.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/202681/defense-dash/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Playoffs&LastNGames=3

but lets keep pushing this false narrative and slamming the disagree button when the data says what we don't want it to say.

Last edited:
Unbelievable how everybody just buries their head in the sand and blindly smashes the disagree button with the data staring them straight in the face.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."