• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

A Thread About Women

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you feel about the recent women movement in America?

• Total voters
Do they cut womens stuff or do they cut womens free stuff?

@Lord Mar, didn't intend to be funny or divisive. Thats just the common misconception/reframe on that topic

The left found a powerful angle and use it to expand many agenda. Its just not the most honest in every application

I don't like when how hostile Texas is to women. They cut all the women's health stuff and maternal mortality shot through the roof.
So you're glad to hear the president is keeping people that are anti-womens rights out right?

The left found a powerful angle and use it to expand many agenda. Its just not the most honest in every application

Isn't that politics in a nutshell? The right uses religion in the same way.

So you're glad to hear the president is keeping people that are anti-womens rights out right?

Oh it's the muslim legislators in Texas that are doing that? I had no idea where republicans were taking cues from them.

Don't forget that you are the one drawing similarities parallels between the views of republicans and muslims here.

Seems kinda backward when you think about it, huh?

Isn't that politics in a nutshell? The right uses religion in the same way.
Im currently defending a pro choice position on a daily wire article on fb, im familiar with botg sides angles, blind spots and inconsistencies.

Yea, they both do it. Its interesting seeing the right justify suspending lahren for her beliefs and yelling at leftists being fascist in the same thread

Last edited:
Im currently defending a pro choice position on a daily wire article on fb, im familiar with botg sides angles, blind spots and inconsistencies.

Yea, they both do it. Its interesting seeing the right justify suspending lahren for her beliefs and yelling at leftists being fascist in the same thread

That really is hilarious. All this talk from conservatives about how the intolerant left won't let anyone simply have an opinion (not even saying they're wrong, so many people just get off on yelling down people) and then they dump her for saying she's pro-choice.

I'll throw in, sometimes "free" shit, aka government funded shit, is the only thing a woman might have access to. So, however you want to frame it, it's still a cut and removes access in a practical sense.

I never understand the argument over providing free birth control though. It lowers abortion rates and reduces overall medical costs. Like poor people aren't supposed to have safe sex or get abortions or have children they can't afford. None of those are options, so there's no way to win unless every poor person takes personal responsibility and becomes celebate. And birth control itself, even without those specific benefits, is a more worthwhile use of government spending than a lot of shit we throw money at.

That really is hilarious. All this talk from conservatives about how the intolerant left won't let anyone simply have an opinion (not even saying they're wrong, so many people just get off on yelling down people) and then they dump her for saying she's pro-choice.

I'll throw in, sometimes "free" shit, aka government funded shit, is the only thing a woman might have access to. So, however you want to frame it, it's still a cut and removes access in a practical sense.

I never understand the argument over providing free birth control though. It lowers abortion rates and reduces overall medical costs. Like poor people aren't supposed to have safe sex or get abortions or have children they can't afford. None of those are options, so there's no way to win unless every poor person takes personal responsibility and becomes celebate. And birth control itself, even without those specific benefits, is a more worthwhile use of government spending than a lot of shit we throw money at.
Because if you can't afford a child then no, you shouldn't be having sex. It's a matter of personal responsibility.

To parse accurately, there are strong differences between conservatives and libertarians. Liberals are partially in the same circle of the venn diagram, and i can at least respect them.

A lot of conservatism is based on libertarianism (leave me alone, government sucks and we want less of it) but you see hypocrisy when "conservative values" enter the picture. I dont disagree with conservative values, but where they show up, it is in direct oppposition to other stamces they hold (mainly regarding to "leave me alone, government").

The abortion issue is interesting. The left have framed it as a womens rights issue.. Thats going to gain the most votes, but i think its a poor argument. What about the babys rights, or the mans rights? Should he fund your decisions? Being a woman gives you right to infanticide? Your body your choice, why not choose birth control? Etc..

The right makes it about baby killing, which is the most inciteful and best argument, but it fails to aknowledge the net effect on the economy and society for example. And that youre relying on the government to infringe on individuals rights. Were probably better off with less children born into bad living situations to parents that dont want or cant support them.

As far as birth control, the right is unified in not wanting to pay other peoples bills. Conservatives vehemently disagree with abortion so that position is magnified. All of the right ia very high on personal respnsibility. Theyre all still on board with basically no government spending outside of defense, so the calculus leads to a lot of "no" on that subject

Because if you can't afford a child then no, you shouldn't be having sex. It's a matter of personal responsibility.

*ignoring the notion that sex is reserved for those with money and/or intentions to procreate*

Okay but if birth control fails they also can't have abortions because of personal responsibility... And we're also reducing access to birth control because of personal responsibility...

So this is a cycle that perpetuates unwanted children and higher abortion rates, which is what we should be trying to combat. That's why I think as a matter of practicality, increasing awareness and access to birth control is good for society.

*ignoring the notion that sex is reserved for those with money and/or intentions to procreate*

Okay but if birth control fails they also can't have abortions because of personal responsibility... And we're also reducing access to birth control because of personal responsibility...

So this is a cycle that perpetuates unwanted children and higher abortion rates, which is what we should be trying to combat. That's why I think as a matter of practicality, increasing awareness and access to birth control is good for society.
Condoms are 12 bucks. If you cant afford that.. Idk, i had 12 bucks a lot younger than i was when i started having sex. Everyone has access to them, they just dont have the right to free condoms. Or any commodity.

Condoms are 12 bucks. If you cant afford that.. Idk, i had 12 bucks a lot younger than i was when i started having sex. Everyone has access to them, they just dont have the right to free condoms. Or any commodity.

And then a condom breaks and you aren't allowed to have an abortion, which costs a lot anyway.

Ramen is cheap as hell but that doesn't mean I want to end food stamps, ya know?

I find this article interesting, a program to help people get effective birth control that has a net benefit for everyone. I'm not a libertarian so those aren't values I'm fighting for. Yes, personal responsibility matters, but if there are solutions to problems, I don't see a reason to ignore them. People should take care of themselves, sure, but we succeed as a society when everyone is doing well. I find it more practical and effective than "I got mine." But difference in philosophy is just that.

And then a condom breaks and you aren't allowed to have an abortion, which costs a lot anyway.

Ramen is cheap as hell but that doesn't mean I want to end food stamps, ya know?

I find this article interesting, a program to help people get effective birth control that has a net benefit for everyone. I'm not a libertarian so those aren't values I'm fighting for. Yes, personal responsibility matters, but if there are solutions to problems, I don't see a reason to ignore them. People should take care of themselves, sure, but we succeed as a society when everyone is doing well. I find it more practical and effective than "I got mine." But difference in philosophy is just that.
It's called personal responsibility. I realize it's been awhile since it has been enforced but over the next 7.5 years it will be taught once again.

Well, there's a slight difference here. The Blaze is an openly partisan site with a particular agenda. If you got to work with them as an opinion writer, then it is perfectly reasonable for them to want opinion writers who support that agenda. If you don't, you're gone.

If you go to work for the Southern Poverty Law Center, and start advocating for elimination of the Voting Rights Act, they're going to fire you. That's not being a fascist.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."