• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
This is exactly what's happening.

It's like comparing other Star Wars movies to the OT. Obviously none are going to be as good.

I thought Rogue One was pretty much on par with the original trilogy. Maybe better than Return of the Jedi.

I thought Rogue One was pretty much on par with the original trilogy. Maybe better than Return of the Jedi.

:chuckle:

No chance.

Rogue one was good, but it didn't even have one of the main things that make Star Wars movies great: A jedi/jedis.

OT smashes it IMO.

:chuckle:

No chance.

Rogue one was good, but it didn't even have one of the main things that make Star Wars movies great: A jedi/jedis.

OT smashes it IMO.

I think if anything it proved that Star Wars doesn't need a Jedi protagonist to tell a good Star Wars story.

I think if anything it proved that Star Wars doesn't need a Jedi protagonist to tell a good Star Wars story.

This is true.

However I still prefer the acting of the OT. It was exceptional by any movies standards.

We already have multiple Star Wars threads guys, come on.

This feels a lot like ME1 to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but it was a ton of good ideas that lacked execution and just wasn't a very good game based on its own merits imo. Story was great, but the combat/driving was horrendous.

This game feels fun but extremely raw and obviously the animations are horrible, but they've got a lot to work on for future sequels.

This feels a lot like ME1 to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but it was a ton of good ideas that lacked execution and just wasn't a very good game based on its own merits imo. Story was great, but the combat/driving was horrendous.

This game feels fun but extremely raw and obviously the animations are horrible, but they've got a lot to work on for future sequels.

The first Mass Effect was basically a D&D role-playing game set in space. They nailed the story, but yeah the gameplay was definitely a chore at times, which was true of most of BioWare's early games including KOTOR.

I thought the second was where they really nailed the combo of fun, engaging gameplay and a satisfying story. The third game was on its way there, but man that ending.

The first Mass Effect was basically a D&D role-playing game set in space. They nailed the story, but yeah the gameplay was definitely a chore at times, which was true of most of BioWare's early games including KOTOR.

I thought the second was where they really nailed the combo of fun, engaging gameplay and a satisfying story. The third game was on its way there, but man that ending.

I actually thought they nailed everything in the 3rd game up until the ending. They fixed the gameplay criticism of the first game by ME2, and they fixed ME2's criticism of a story that didn't really advance the overarching plot forward. The decisions you had to make with the various conflicts: Mordin/Genophage, Geth/Quarian, etc were really well written.

This game seems to be adding a whole bunch of new ideas that may or may not work out, but it's interesting at the very least. So far my whole impression is that it may not be the game to introduce newbies to ME, but ME fans will dig it.

I actually thought they nailed everything in the 3rd game up until the ending. They fixed the gameplay criticism of the first game by ME2, and they fixed ME2's criticism of a story that didn't really advance the overarching plot forward. The decisions you had to make with the various conflicts: Mordin/Genophage, Geth/Quarian, etc were really well written.

Yeah, the third game probably would have gone down as a GOAT experience had they not completely fucked up the ending. Unfortunately, in a series that touts player choices as important and that was all building up to an obvious final conflict with an incredibly powerful enemy, having an abomination of an ending that completely glosses over that final battle kind of hurt the overall game for me. It's really just impossible for me to remember the experience fondly simply because I know it all comes crashing down at the end.

I felt the same way after the ending of Lost.

This game seems to be adding a whole bunch of new ideas that may or may not work out, but it's interesting at the very least. So far my whole impression is that it may not be the game to introduce newbies to ME, but ME fans will dig it.

Third game was fantastic up to the ending, easily its weakest spot. It was hitting all the right chords until then IMO. Didn't let it ruin the trilogy like everyone else did, though. Some of my favorite games of all time.

Yeah, the third game probably would have gone down as a GOAT experience had they not completely fucked up the ending. Unfortunately, in a series that touts player choices as important and that was all building up to an obvious final conflict with an incredibly powerful enemy, having an abomination of an ending that completely glosses over that final battle kind of hurt the overall game for me. It's really just impossible for me to remember the experience fondly simply because I know it all comes crashing down at the end.

I felt the same way after the ending of Lost.

I definitely didn't think it was that bad, I mean, yea the color coded bullshit was lame and the whole thing could have been done better. But just having an ending where we either defeat the Reapers militarily, or lose to them, depending on your war effort? Would have been equally silly and uninteresting. They had to throw something in there, it failed, sure, but I've yet to see anybody offer a viable alternative.

I definitely didn't think it was that bad, I mean, yea the color coded bullshit was lame and the whole thing could have been done better. But just having an ending where we either defeat the Reapers militarily, or lose to them, depending on your war effort? Would have been equally silly and uninteresting. They had to throw something in there, it failed, sure, but I've yet to see anybody offer a viable alternative.

I just thought they totally glossed over what should have been the defining battle in the series. I mean, it felt like the entire game was building up to that battle, and really the series as a whole, and then you barely even take part in it or see any of it. It felt like they ran out of either time or money and had to just throw a cheaper ending in.

You know. The ending isn't so bad if you choose to adopt the indoctrination theory (which I have), in fact it actually makes the ending and end game choices kind of fucking awesome if you think of them in that light.

You know. The ending isn't so bad if you choose to adopt the indoctrination theory (which I have), in fact it actually makes the ending and end game choices kind of fucking awesome if you think of them in that light.

It's just too bad that they came out and publicly shot that theory down. If they never commented and let fans believe what they wanted to, it would have been pretty good imo.

It's just too bad that they came out and publicly shot that theory down. If they never commented and let fans believe what they wanted to, it would have been pretty good imo.

I don't care what they publicly said. I played the game and the theory fits perfect. I'll roll with it to my grave. :chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."