• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Guys, LeBron doesn't need to put up Harden's numbers or prove he can succeed as a one man show alongside inferior talent. He already did that in his early Cavs days.

Strange that LeBron is more explosive going to the basket in his third year in his second stint here at 32 years of age than he was in 2015 or 2016 at 30 and 31. He's finishing better at the rim as well (77.9% before the Lakers game, second highest of his career) using both power and an array of finesse finishes reminiscent of Kyrie's finishes.

There's been a lot of times that he's been right at the rim but passed out for threes, but you have to imagine that those passes will turn into shots in the playoffs. Looks to be in peak physical condition as well.

Just keep him healthy and rested...

BTW, in his last 25 games:

63.9% eFG
65.2% TS
63.8% FT

With decent FT numbers, he'd be having an off the charts offensive season.

DISGUSTED_zpshcopwgw7.jpg~c200

I think we have to start referring to this Bron as LeBron 3.0, as he's as different from 2.0 as 2.0 was from 1.0.

Strange that LeBron is more explosive going to the basket in his third year in his second stint here at 32 years of age than he was in 2015 or 2016 at 30 and 31. He's finishing better at the rim as well (77.9% before the Lakers game, second highest of his career) using both power and an array of finesse finishes reminiscent of Kyrie's finishes.

There's been a lot of times that he's been right at the rim but passed out for threes, but you have to imagine that those passes will turn into shots in the playoffs. Looks to be in peak physical condition as well.

Just keep him healthy and rested...

BTW, in his last 25 games:

63.9% eFG
65.2% TS
63.8% FT

With decent FT numbers, he'd be having an off the charts offensive season.

His free throw shooting is worrisome though. It's actually gotten worse as the season has progressed and there's no easy fix for it. It's not hard to imagine it costing the Cavs a playoff game or two.

His free throw shooting is worrisome though. It's actually gotten worse as the season has progressed and there's no easy fix for it. It's not hard to imagine it costing the Cavs a playoff game or two.

I'm concerned about this as well. The Cavs have lost 2-3 games this year already due to horrid FT shooting and LBJ was very complicit in those games. It's definitely a team weakness.

For all of our stressing and complaining (including myself) about LeBron's minutes...

2015-16: 35.6 MPG, 76/82 games played, 2708 minutes total
2016-17:
37.6 MPG, 63/69 games played, 2365 minutes total

There are 13 games left in the season. If the Cavs want LeBron at last year's total or around it, that means he would play another 343 minutes.

We have three back-to-backs, however I don't think LeBron will rest a game in all three, maybe one or two. I do think he will rest the last two games of the season, provided we have the 1 seed locked up.

Let's say he rests 4 more games out of 13. If he plays at his current MPG for 9 more games, that's another 338 minutes (37.6 x 9), which puts him at 2703 total minutes for the season, less than last year. Even if he plays another game, he's at 2741 total minutes...not much more than last year.

Maybe the plan all along was to just make sure he gets around the same total minutes as last year...

I am not confident that if you traded Harden for Lebron that the Rockets would have a better regular season record. But I am VERY CONFIDENT that if you traded Harden for Lebron then the Rockets would have a better shot at winning a title.

I'm confident our team would be far worse.

Then the Cavs would average 1.36 points per possession, equivalent to an offensive rating of 136. I think we'd be fine.

Idk, kinda seems to me like teams already hack LeBron in the playoffs. Why would the refs start calling it all of a sudden this year?

Terrified of the Cavs resting LeBron Friday against the Hornets.

I just dished out 200 bucks for a ticket. :chuckle:

And I 250 for Saturday night at home so... there can only be 1?

Let's hope this town is big enough for the two of us.

On one hand the Cavs don't usually rest on the front end of back-to-backs it seems. However I'm sure they'd rather play him in a home game against the 3 seeded Wiz..

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."