• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I've only played about an hour and a half past the trial, but it seems like Ryder's lines are getting better as we go. Still enjoying the experience quite a bit.

After playing a couple more hours last night my experience has dipped a bit.

First and foremost we need Suvi to shut the fuck up. "ANOMOLY ON SANSARS" it's sensers you.........

Anyways, I reached the Angara home world and messed around there for quite some time. Mostly working on side quests and some main plot lines. However these side quests just seem like basic fetch quests and it's driving me nuts. "Run from one end of this map to the end of the map and repeat over and over on this planet". Has been frustrating to me to say the least. Very non-ME side quests that haven't even had any solid dialogue to them. Just fetch this item.

First and foremost we need Suvi to shut the fuck up. "ANOMOLY ON SANSARS" it's sensers you.........

Anyways, I reached the Angara home world and messed around there for quite some time. Mostly working on side quests and some main plot lines. However these side quests just seem like basic fetch quests and it's driving me nuts. "Run from one end of this map to the end of the map and repeat over and over on this planet". Has been frustrating to me to say the least. Very non-ME side quests that haven't even had any solid dialogue to them. Just fetch this item.

That sucks. Common complaint though.

Actually, it's sensors. :chuckle:

More power to those who like this game, and I mean that, However it has some odd graphics and I mean it is like they said "lets make half the game amazing and half the game horrible looking" There had to be a shake up in development for this to happen.

Amazing how much better this game got after the first planet.

Story-writing has been excellent, and side quests have had a lot more meaningful interaction with much more interesting characters. I have played maybe 30 hours and am only about half-way through the story line (maybe not even that), and yet I still have about 30 quests unfinished currently. I'm having a great time with this game and I'm super excited to uncover out the rest of this story.

Side note: My friend has already finished the game, and says its the best ending of any of the ME games. We'll see about that.

Amazing how a simple patch to fix human eyes made the game that much better. It doesn't pain me to watch dialogue the way it used to.

I'm starting to really like the main game. But the crafting r+d is just a pain in the ass. Can i find some vanadium anywhere? FML

So I just finished the main story and had already done a great many of the side quests.

I don't want to spoil anything until people finish, but I really want to discuss some theories once enough people have finished.

I'm starting to really like the main game. But the crafting r+d is just a pain in the ass. Can i find some vanadium anywhere? FML

How about some friggin' Heleus research points. By the time I figured out how to get Remnant Cores so I could craft that Heleus Champion gear, I'd used up a shit ton of Heleus research, to the point I never was able to find NEARLY enough again.

How about some friggin' Heleus research points. By the time I figured out how to get Remnant Cores so I could craft that Heleus Champion gear, I'd used up a shit ton of Heleus research, to the point I never was able to find NEARLY enough again.
Ooh I'm not that far through got distracted by life. Is Helens champs gear worth it?

Ooh I'm not that far through got distracted by life. Is Helens champs gear worth it?

It is if you figure out how to get remnant cores, which took me a while.

I will say this, without spoiling anything for those who haven't finished. The devs said way, way back that this was going to be a standalone game....ugh, no. There will clearly be sequels. Clearly.

Agreed.

With work and the NBA playoffs now, I won't have very much time to play at all for a couple of months which is sad.

I was thinking of picking this up, but I ended up getting MGS5 instead for $17 at gamestop. All the negativity this game received just made me afraid to shell out full price.

I was thinking of picking this up, but I ended up getting MGS5 instead for $17 at gamestop. All the negativity this game received just made me afraid to shell out full price.

Don't be.

It's good.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."