• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access trial tomorrow if you pay $5.00 this month for EA Access.

It's 10 hours and any progress carries forward to the full game I believe. Also you can purchase the game for $53.99 with EA Access so essentially it's completely worth it.

The story cuts off at a certain point however.

10 hours should hold me over until Tuesday but man, I'm stoked right now. A new home awaits!

Finished The Silent Age. Solid point and click adventure game. Apparently it was a mobile game that has since been ported to PC and equipped with full mouse support. Literally all you need in the game is a mouse. The story is good and the writing is fine. The voice acting is nothing to write home about but not terrible either.

Essentially, you play as a janitor who runs into a dying man at work who gives him a portable time travel device, tasking him to use it to warn the man of his fate so that he can save the world. Naturally, most of the puzzles (but not all, as in some areas you can't time travel) involve using the time travel mechanic to either grab items from one time period and use them in the other (there are only ever two at a time) or to make changes in the past than alter the future.

I liked it. Apparently it's ten bucks when not on sale, and I think that's high for a three hour game with no replay value. I bought it during a Steam sale, though, and for $2.50 I can't complain.

The other night I got insanely high and played ABZU. If ever there was a game to play high, it's ABZU. It's an absolutely gorgeous game and it's trippy as hell. It's also very serene. You can't die, and there's really only a couple of segments in the game that require actual timing when you have to avoid floating mines in a few areas. I have basically no idea what the fuck that game was about, but I enjoyed it.

For twenty bucks, it's hard to recommend the game just because it's only about two hours long, although you could easily stretch that to three or more if you're just enjoying the scenery and trying to find everything like I was. Still, it's a perfect Steam sale game (which is where I bought it).

Right now I was going to get back to Nier Automata but freaking Zelda BotW has me hooked and N:A is an amazing game as well, Plus I got to finish FF 15 and Nioh and DQ7 (3DS) ugh.

Quake Champions might end my life. Without hesitation, the game that I have the most hours in, by a wide margin, is Quake 2. And I played League of Legends for nearly 5 years off and on. So long as they keep the movement the same as it was in Quake 2 and Quake Live, I'll be all in.

Quake Champions might end my life. Without hesitation, the game that I have the most hours in, by a wide margin, is Quake 2. And I played League of Legends for nearly 5 years off and on. So long as they keep the movement the same as it was in Quake 2 and Quake Live, I'll be all in.

Been playing the beta. It's awesome.

I played Quake 2 starting around like 11 years old. I played, off and on, all the way into college. Can't wait.

Pics leaked of the box art for the new Call of Duty. Going back to WW2 it looks like. Hope this one is not the twitchy bullshit like the others.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."