• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Draft Prospects

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The Cavs have already spent the $3.5M they are permitted to include in trades this year. NBA year ends June 30, after the draft. So they can't buy a pick. I guess it's possible they could buy the rights to an unsigned drafted player after July 1 though.

2018 draft is going to be a crapshoot where we pick. Even 1-7 isn't that impressive.
Don't like anyone in 2018, wish we could trade that pick.

There is going to be Some decent starters in the 2017 draft where we were supposed to pick. It's very rare to have so many intriguing players so late in the draft.

We will probably trade on draft night and just draft for another team. Because honestly I could see the season following the 2018 draft being either the last year of our "true window", or the second to last year. We will definitely be all in to "win now" still.

Watching the inevitable failure of Big Baller brand is going to be a tremendous source of entertainment. It's like if Stephen Marbury resurrected the Starbury shoes, but charged a 400% markup.

I don't know why there are so many people rooting for BBB to fail.

Because Ball's dad is the ultimate douchebag. He's charging $500 for free advertisement to get in the news, he's all thats wrong with social media and ESPN.

I'm calling it now, there will be a Kardashian-Like Reality show, it's already in the works, book it!

Last edited:
I don't know why there are so many people rooting for BBB to fail.

He aggressively started a personal beef with LeBron for his own publicity and lust for the spotlight. Not going to help.

dear everyone,

With Boston having a likely top 3 pick, what top prospect do you not want them to get?

regards,

me

dear everyone,

With Boston having a likely top 3 pick, what top prospect do you not want them to get?

regards,

me

Don't care as long as they don't trade it for Butler or George

dear everyone,

regards,

me

Don't think it really matters, as there doesn't seem to be a true gamechanger in this draft. Several guys could be really damn good, but franchise level? I don't know.

As most know, I'm super high on Josh Jackson, but I don't know that he helps what Boston needs (shooting and rebounding). The consensus best players in this draft are at the one position Boston is set at, unless they're willing to trade IT (which wouldn't surprise me).

Frankly, I don't want them to flip that pick for Butler or George. Keep that pick, and take whoever you want. It's not going to matter for the rest of LeBron's prime.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."