• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

So long, David Griffin

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Hire hinkie

Legitimately intrigued how he would be as the GM of a contender.

I'm convinced someone would have thrown at least 20 mill a year at him - and that might be a conservative estimate.

He wouldn't have sat out the entire season. And if he had, no championship, and his resume would have been thinner. He'd never have made that money up.

I really would hate to lose Griff. I like the way he operates. I think he's s very good GM.

The article said Dan was hesitant to give him championship-exec level money...I don't really understand why. I just don't see the point in breaking any of the main components of this thing up right now when we are in the absolute middle of our contention window.

If we don't win the title this year, and if we get beat badly in the finals , I feel like that would make Griff being out way more likely. Ughhh....Not a fan of this news.

If we don't make the finals send Griffin, Lue and Love packing. Of course that is very unlikely imo and I hope we keep him.

Would you trade Griff to ORL for their first round pick this year?

Would you trade Griff to ORL for their first round pick this year?

Yes.

I really like Griff but to possibly get a Top-5 pick in this draft, it would be priceless.

We can add that to someone like Shump and get a proper Center/rim-protector who would make us absolutely scary. Or we can add that in some sort of package for someone like PG or Butler.

Hire hinkie

Legitimately intrigued how he would be as the GM of a contender.

He would not be a good fit for this team. Its not like he got some great players late in the 1st round or 2nd round. He simply tanked and gave away all the pieces for picks. Thats not exactly rocket science.

We need a good talent evaluator who is good at identifying the underrated and undervalued talents/players because we don't really have that much assets.

Look, I'm far from a David Griffin fan and generally disagree with his roster philosophy (as has been documented numerous times throughout this thread), but with that said, the team has become what it is, and Gilbert needs to man up and do everything he can to make sure Griff sticks around.

Front office continuity is important when you're competing for titles, and you can't just change course mid-cycle.

That piece by Woj is likely from his agent, but I can see things from his side.

He's probably thinking, "I mean Gilbert has paid everyone else on the team handsomely from Shump to Lue, so why not me?"

I didn't some of the moves he made to put it mildly but I don;'t see any other GM right now doing a better job with the current assets that we have.
We might aswell roll with a person that knows the team better.

I love having Dan Gilbert as our owner but imagine it must be difficult working with him. From what I can tell both of the minority owners appear to be gone now too.

Losing Griff would be a huge loss for the Cavs. He seems to have great relationships with other GM's and has a knack for putting together teams that fit. He's made some clever trades. Obviously we have been in 'win now mode' so his drafting can't be judged but from all reports Osman could be a real find.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."